Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyrie Irving is seeking a 4-year $200 Million contract extension with the Nets

REPORT: Kyrie Irving is seeking a 4-year $200 Million contract extension with the Brooklyn Nets.

(via NBA SPORTS)

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...02106388828303

Default Re: Kyrie Irving is seeking a 4-year $200 Million contract extension with the Nets

If not the Nets, someone else will give him that money...

Default Re: Kyrie Irving is seeking a 4-year $200 Million contract extension with the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wait View Post
    If not the Nets, someone else will give him that money...
    He is playing great basketball now since Nike Terminated his contract

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Is a bad risk to take but expect the Lakers to give him every folksy they can. Nets have already wasted a ton of cash on this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Is a bad risk to take but expect the Lakers to give him every folksy they can. Nets have already wasted a ton of cash on this dude.
    Yep. He's holding the franchise a hostage. I feel like he had something to do with steve nash's resigning as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if Nets management decides to blow this thing up based on how this season plays out. As said above, I can see him on the Lakers. Drama attracts drama.

Otherwise, I can see a one year deal with conditions/incentives attached.

Basketball is the only place where guys earn the top money along with length contracts in sports. It's run by legendary dumbasses well into their 30s. How is Kyrie going to be as a 34 year old, or at 35 to earn 50m a year? But if Beal can get it, then surely so will the flat Earth dumbass.

2 months ago I honestly don’t think anybody with the possible exception of the Lakers would give him this kind of deal. He had seemed to completely damage his reputation around the league, even going back to his Celtics days.

But if he doesn’t do anything stupid, manages to stay healthy (big if) and continues this high level of play, I think several more teams will be interested, even if weary of giving him a deal like this.

Good High School Starter

Is it not pretty clear that Kyrie is behaving for a contract?

Either way, I wouldn't be handing him a guaranteed no matter what happens contract, there would have to be some stipulations and clauses protecting me from him going off the rails again if the CBA even allows such things. Otherwise, no deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Pay him Marks!

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Basketball is the only place where guys earn the top money along with length contracts in sports. It's run by legendary dumbasses well into their 30s. How is Kyrie going to be as a 34 year old, or at 35 to earn 50m a year? But if Beal can get it, then surely so will the flat Earth dumbass.
    Based on how Steph ( 35 this year) and Dame(33 this year) are playing, I'd be more concerned about Kyrie's mercurial behavior than whether he'll still be an all-star caliber player at 34/35. I don't know about 50 million good, but in this perimeter friendly league with all the physicality removed? He'll still be dropping 25-26ppg at 34 if healthy. The current era is far friendly to perimeter players than in years past as far as maintaining their production well into their 30's.

I highly doubt nets offer him this unless if they win a chip or reach conference finals & lose a tight 7-game series.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Yep. He's holding the franchise a hostage. I feel like he had something to do with steve nash's resigning as well.
    I’d say Nash being a crap coach was the primary cause

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    I’d say Nash being a crap coach was the primary cause
    Yeah, but it doesn't explain the ruckus that kyrie has done before. At least he's trying to behave now or so it seems.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Go to Dallas, please