Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: What was the first all star game that you watched??

Quote Originally Posted by 2much_knowledge View Post
    Stop trolling

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    The one where iverson and Marbury took over and brought the east back(01 I believe). But one day like 20 years ago they were showing a random all star game from like the 80’s where some dude from the mavs hit 2 clutch free throws or maybe three to tie or win the game.

So yeah I’m sure I seen the 2 best all star games of all time. I didn’t know who was gonna win that all star game replay from the 80s so it was new to me and that was before I googled everything for results to save time.
    The 2001 was the first one I watched also. I thought these games were competitive like that every year. Man, was I dellusional...

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    The 2001 was the first one I watched also. I thought these games were competitive like that every year. Man, was I dellusional...
    That was back when you still had a 'my conference is better than yours' dynamic.

Great thing about the 2001 game was the west was loaded with prime/peak versions of Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Webber, Kidd etc. They were major favorites and the east pulled it out at the end with Kobe and Maybury trading baskets with Iverson playing a major role throughout. They've long since drained *that* level of competitiveness away.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

1992 with Magic winning MVP.