Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Memphis Grizzlies scorekeeper posting fraudulent numbers - Jaren Jackson Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    mao what? ive never heard of that
    Its been confirmed by multiple people who went back and watched the game.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie....php?t=1130334

Default Re: Memphis Grizzlies scorekeeper posting fraudulent numbers - Jaren Jackson Jr.

Home teams always do this, especially with a young guy they are trying to promote.

This may be the most egregious case I’ve seen. It’s pretty clear they want him in the conversation for DPOY.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    idk if it's fake or not. I thought it would be an interesting topic. There is a vid on nba.com showing all of JJ's blocks, but too lazy to look at it.

I do find it kinda odd how his block numbers & steals numbers are double when he plays at home.

Vegas doesn't even know how to feel about this, his DPOY odds went down once that reddit post went viral.

Walt Frazier was credited with 19 fake assists in a game 7 of the Finals, anything is possible.
    Man....dumb AND lazy??? That's a bad combo, bro.

National High School Star

the nba official response is nothing is wrong

“In order to ensure the integrity of our game statistics, auditors, independent of the statisticians on-site, review all plays and stats decisions in real-time during NBA games,” the NBA’s Senior Vice President of Communications Tim Frank said in a statement. “If changes are necessary, they are made at that time or following a postgame review. All of the plays questioned in the post on Memphis games were scored consistently within the rules set forth by the NBA statisticians manual.”

my response is even if you take away a few blocks and steals jackson is still a very good defender

Sounds like kobe getting a lot of defensive nods when it should have been lesser.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35554133

I wonder if Jackson got credited with the assist

Banned

Jackson just got another 5 blocks today.

DPOY

Reminds me of Chris Paul in New Orleans. I always heard the stat keeper at home was very liberal when awarding him assists.

Default Re: Memphis Grizzlies scorekeeper posting fraudulent numbers - Jaren Jackson Jr

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Example #1 New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies Saturday 12/31 7mins, 21 sec remaining in the 2nd quarter Zion drives to the basket, NEVER shoots the ball, and loses it. "Williamson in a crowd, ball pops free, picked up by Tyus Jones, turnover number 9 by the pelicans" announcers say. Scorekeeper in Memphis graded the play as Jaren Jackson Jr. blocks Zion Williamson's 3-foot driving layup

Example #2 Utah Jazz @ Memphis Grizzlies Sunday 1/8 10:09 remaining in the 1st quarter Jordan Clarkson throws a bad pass directly to Desmond Bane and Jaren Jackson for some odd reason is credited with the steal. Bane actually steals the ball.

Example #3 Utah Jazz @ Memphis Grizzlies Sunday 1/8 1:46 remaining in the 4th quarter Kelly Olynyk loses the ball while being defended by Xavier Tillman. The ball then bounces off Tillman and Jaren Jackson before being picked up by Tillman. The steal should be credited to Tillman. Memphis scorekeeper grades the play as Jaren Jackson Jr. steals

Example #4 Phoenix Suns @ Memphis Grizzlies Monday 1/16 7:02 remaining in the 4th quarter Brandon Clarke blocks Saban Lee's layup, but the Memphis scorekeeper instantly gives the block to nearby Jaren Jackson Jr.

Example #5 Cleveland Cavaliers @ Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday 1/18 11:48 remaining in the 2nd quarter Lamar Stevens, who Jaren Jackson helps on, loses the ball and Desmond Bane picks it up and gains possession. The Memphis scorekeeper gave steal to Jaren Jackson.

Example #6 Detroit Pistons @ Memphis Grizzlies Friday, December 9th 39 seconds remaining in the 2nd quarter Jackson deflects a pass and never gains possession, saved back to Detroit player. Memphis scorekeeper gives a steal to Jackson.

Example #7 Oklahoma City Thunder @ Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday, December 7th 10:38 4th quarter Jackson saves out of bounds ball directly to Thunder player underneath basket for quick score, but gets credited with a steal.

Thank you very much for reading this. I would appreciate well thought out responses, a good discussion, and also advice on how someone in charge at the NBA can investigate these plays as well as others from Grizzlies games, and the dishonest Memphis scorekeeper. Also, can obviously fraudulent statistics be deleted, corrected & reversed weeks/months later?