Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 2023 Australian Open Final: GOAT Novak Djokovic vs. Chosen One Stefanos Tsitsipas

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Ok 2011 Djokovic. What is the argument for any version of Nadal over him? 2011 Nadal only wasn't as good as 2010 Nadal because he was suddenly losing to prime Djokovic. Rafa was healthy in 2011.

2008 Fed had a disaster season the first half of the year. Losing to the likes of Stepanek, Fish and Roddick at major tournaments, players he would never lose to the previous four years. And baby Novak at 2008 AO SF just swept him aside. Taking his struggles into account, Rafa eeking out a win in 5 sets isn't that impressive. I mean it is impressive but not to the level of "Hey this guy is one of the best grasscourt players ever..." Not even close.

Did you even read my shit?

No one said 2011 Nadal wasnt heathy. He just wasnt as good as in 2010. 2010 is his best ever season, players dont normally play at the same level the foowing year of a peak. Thats why its a peak.

Neither did Djokovic in 2012.

Thats a very bad summary of the Federer we saw in that WB Final.

Again, his form was second to none.

It was his best ever form statisticay on grass. EVER.

Both Halle + pre-Final.

0 sets lost across those 11 matches. Just 3 tiebreaks encountered.

Federer was broken ZERO times in Halle.

Federer was broken TWICE in SIX matches through to the Wimbedon final.

Then Nadal broke him 4 times.

Federer was broken twice in his previous SIX matches...

And you have the gall to speak about irrelevant matches before the grass season. How dare you, dude? So intellectually dishonest or lazy.

Imagine people wouldnt make the effort I make or have the insight. Casuals would read your "oh Fish and Stepanek huh?" shit and believe Fed was out of form at Wimbledon..

You have a responsibility when you make public claims!

It was peak Federer. All the facts prove it.

And 2007 Nadal aready matched peak Federer at WB.

Djokovic has no 2 campaigns as impressive as those.

I mean you can split hairs about 2010/2013 USO Nadal and 2011 Djokovic, but both those Nadal versions lost ess sets and got broken less than 2011 USO Djokovic.

2010 Nadal was broken TWICE before the final.

2013 Nadal was broken ONCE before the final.

Djokovic simply was never close to being that clinical.

Few ever were.

Rafas main issue was injuries, thats why he has easily the best healthy conversion rate during his prime.

At his best, he was dominant on HC like Djokovic never was.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 01-31-2023 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: 2023 Australian Open Final: GOAT Novak Djokovic vs. Chosen One Stefanos Tsitsipas

For comparison,

2011 Djokovic was broken TWELVE times before the final.

2015 Djokovic was broken EIGHT times before the final, even though he had a virtual SF walkover against blister-ridden Ciic who only played for the fans. He was losing sets to Seppi, RBA, Lopez, but got away with a clown draw.

Then Federer had 23 BPs against him in the final.

2018 Djokovic was broken five times before the final.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Did you even read my shit?

No one said 2011 Nadal wasnt heathy. He just wasnt as good as in 2010. 2010 is his best ever season, players dont normally play at the same level the foowing year of a peak. Thats why its a peak.

Neither did Djokovic in 2012.

Thats a very bad summary of the Federer we saw in that WB Final.

Again, his form was second to none.

It was his best ever form statisticay on grass. EVER.

Both Halle + pre-Final.

0 sets lost across those 11 matches. Just 3 tiebreaks encountered.

Federer was broken ZERO times in Halle.

Federer was broken TWICE in SIX matches through to the Wimbedon final.

Then Nadal broke him 4 times.

Federer was broken twice in his previous SIX matches...

And you have the gall to speak about irrelevant matches before the grass season. How dare you, dude? So intellectually dishonest or lazy.

Imagine people wouldnt make the effort I make or have the insight. Casuals would read your "oh Fish and Stepanek huh?" shit and believe Fed was out of form at Wimbledon..

You have a responsibility when you make public claims!

It was peak Federer. All the facts prove it.

And 2007 Nadal aready matched peak Federer at WB.

Djokovic has no 2 campaigns as impressive as those.

I mean you can split hairs about 2010/2013 USO Nadal and 2011 Djokovic, but both those Nadal versions lost ess sets and got broken less than 2011 USO Djokovic.

2010 Nadal was broken TWICE before the final.

2013 Nadal was broken ONCE before the final.

Djokovic simply was never close to being that clinical.

Few ever were.

Rafas main issue was injuries, thats why he has easily the best healthy conversion rate during his prime.

At his best, he was dominant on HC like Djokovic never was.
    Yea I read your posts and you said Nadal suddenly lost his backhand in 2011 compared to 2010. That makes no sense.

At 2010 WB Nadal didn't face neither Fed nor Djoko. And at the 2010 USO he faced Djoko coming off of an exhausting five-setter against Fed. Then in 2011 USO Djoko had another exhausting five-setter against Fed then beat Nadal anyways. You're fixated on 2008 Fed too much. I simply pointed out his struggles the first half of that season before WB. I have yet to hear a coherent argument for any version of Nadal over 2011 Djokovic.

Comparing 2010 and 2011 Nadal..

All tournaments:

2010 Nadal: 69-10 (87.3%) against the field, 2-0 against Novak (100%)
    2011 Nadal: 69-9 (88.5%) against the field, 0-6 against Novak (0%)

Slams only:

2010 Nadal: 24-1 (96.0%) against the field, 1-0 against Novak (100%)
    2011 Nadal: 23-1 (95.8%) against the field, 0-2 against Novak (0%)

In terms of sets lost 2010 Nadal lost 10 sets at slams against the field and 1 set against Novak.
    In terms of sets lost 2011 Nadal lost 10 sets at slams against the field and 6 sets agaomst Novak.

There is virtually no difference in form between 2010 and 2011 Nadal against all other opponents. Only difference is Novak entered his prime and started beating Nadal. If that isn't proof that peak Novak > Peak Nadal I don't know what is.

So what is your response?

2010 and 2011 Nadal are practically identical outside of facing Djokovic.