Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lebron is the goat

What made me realize he finally had a legit case was when Jordan stans started sweating him harder than anyone not named Pippen. We didn't really sweat Kobe because as great as he was, he never seemed to be a legitimate threat to MJ's throne. And honestly i recall a ton of Mj fans being Lebron fans until the climb started. But whatever point it happened, I assume it's different for each person because some saw him coming alot sooner than others, these guys honed in on Lebron and are riding it out until he leaves I suppose.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    What made me realize he finally had a legit case was when Jordan stans started sweating him harder than anyone not named Pippen. We didn't really sweat Kobe because as great as he was, he never seemed to be a legitimate threat to MJ's throne. And honestly i recall a ton of Mj fans being Lebron fans until the climb started. But whatever point it happened, I assume it's different for each person because some saw him coming alot sooner than others, these guys honed in on Lebron and are riding it out until he leaves I suppose.
    I really don’t get that mentality. It’s not like any of us are personally invested in who’s the goat, it’s all just entertainment. And isn’t watching new players do some thing we haven’t seen before the pinnacle of sports entertainment? As long as enough people still care about basketball, there’s going to come a player better than Lebron and MJ. Why not just embrace it?

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I really don’t get that mentality. It’s not like any of us are personally invested in who’s the goat, it’s all just entertainment. And isn’t watching new players do some thing we haven’t seen before the pinnacle of sports entertainment? As long as enough people still care about basketball, there’s going to come a player better than Lebron and MJ. Why not just embrace it?
    I agree entirely and I'm a fan of both guys. Just happy I got to see 2 of the best ever in real-time. Never got to see Mj in person though, missed opportunity. And when the next "it" guy comes along I'll watch and enjoy whatever he brings to the game. Does growing up watching Montana mean we can't also appreciate Mahommes?