View Poll Results: wash your hair how many days per week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • +7 (more than once daily)

1 6.67%
  • 7 (daily)

7 46.67%

0 0%

0 0%

2 13.33%

1 6.67%
  • 2 or 1

4 26.67%
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore DevBooker'sMask's Avatar

Default how many times do you wash your hair per week?

i always did it 7 days a week but recently heard people on a podcast saying they skip days to build up the natural hair oils and its better for you that way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: how many times do you wash your hair per week?

Since I workout everyday I wash it everyday.

Hair still in great health. My Dad started losing hair in his late 20s. My brother lost it at 24 or something. Im 32 and still no signs of hair loss. I believe exercise is the reason why my hair is still all there.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore PANTHALASSA's Avatar

Shampoo serves no real purpose tbh.

Water rinses away any dust, foreign particles, and excess oil in your hair. You dont want to strip away all the oil.

Theres nothing that shampoo “does.” Hair isnt an expensive man-made suit, it doesnt require artificial chemical cleaning. Just rinse it with water the way humans have for forever.

Conditioner is useful a few times a week to keep the scalp moisturized. But shampoo is legitimately a completely useless scam.

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    Shampoo serves no real purpose tbh.

Water rinses away any dust, foreign particles, and excess oil in your hair. You dont want to strip away all the oil.

Theres nothing that shampoo “does.” Hair isnt an expensive man-made suit, it doesnt require artificial chemical cleaning. Just rinse it with water the way humans have for forever.

Conditioner is useful a few times a week to keep the scalp moisturized. But shampoo is legitimately a completely useless scam.
    shampoo is a surfacant, it has a purpose. water does not rinse away particles and remove oils like a proper surfacacnt does.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore PANTHALASSA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    shampoo is a surfacant, it has a purpose. water does not rinse away particles and remove oils like a proper surfacacnt does.

Anything sufficiently sized like dirt or visible dust will be rinsed away.

Whether you get as many microscopic particles is immaterial because hair goes through cycles anyway and falls out and regenerates well before youd ever build up enough microscopic specs to have any tangible effect on health, appearance, or texture.

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    Anything sufficiently sized like dirt or visible dust will be rinsed away.

Whether you get as many microscopic particles is immaterial because hair goes through cycles anyway and falls out and regenerates well before youd ever build up enough microscopic specs to have any tangible effect on health, appearance, or texture.
    Oh Chris, you should have hit the science books a bit harder at the local library. Maybe a history book too. Surfactants are a very large industry for a reason, they serve a legitimate purpose. And middle eastern folk have been using surfacants for many a millenia. Israelites would use it for sure.

But you said shampoo has no purpose…you do realize that shampoo goes hand in hand with conditioners because both are ionic surfactants right? And I’m not claiming shampoo should be used daily, but occasional usage is beneficial and serves a purpose.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

2-3 times a week is fine. But there's a difference between washing your hair multiple times a week and using shampoo/conditioner every day of the week.

Use shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair from drying out, especially during the winter time. Also to help prevent it from being flaky.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I believe exercise is the reason why my hair is still all there.
    Genetics can vary greatly from person to person, even when they share the same set of biological parents.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Since I workout everyday I wash it everyday.

Hair still in great health. My Dad started losing hair in his late 20s. My brother lost it at 24 or something. Im 32 and still no signs of hair loss. I believe exercise is the reason why my hair is still all there.
    Nice

I was very surprised to hear a pretty known open/free-spirited podcaster/youtuber talk about how he doesnt use shampoo anymore.

You woudnt notice it at all. Hair looks glorious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

When I was yoounger I had very very thick hair.
    Probably bathed at least 4-5 times a week.
    Now that I am 65 my hair is pretty thin , my mom had a good head of hair at 81 and my father at 70 when he passed was some what thin.
    I am right in between.
    I wash it about 3-4 times a week , but I have hard water , and that is not good for hair.
    Spring rolls around my hair seems to go back thicker if that makes sense.

When I was younger , had heard that beer was good , and had done it occassionally