Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Are the Bucks still a top NBA Finals contender?

The Bucks have had Khris Middleton back for 11 games. He's only averaging 11 points in 21 miniutes per game. Have to think he'll do more soon. And take some pressure off of Giannis.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Are the Bucks still a top NBA Finals contender?

The bad injury from last year was to his left worst. He is right handed so he should be OK by the end of the season. . Milwaukee is still a good team without him. They may not get a top two seed but neither the Celtics nor the Sixers would want to deal with Giannis and the rest of that crew too early. I think if everyone on every team is healthy the Celtics win the East but the Bucks are good enough to be called a contender.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore PANTHALASSA's Avatar

Pretty much every playoff team is a contender this year honestly. Health will play a big part as usual.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    Pretty much every playoff team is a contender this year honestly. Health will play a big part as usual.
    I slightly agree with you Fourth Tenor.

Yes Middletons looked good his 2nd return, they’re just ramping up his minutes rn. They just need one small crowder Alec burks type trade

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

lol at you guys.

I wrote off the Bucks when they played contenders and lost 5 straight.
    As soon as Giannis returned the team was in a different mode.
    As soon as Middleton came back it was weird , but he impacts the game in a different way.
    Chris is now playing all most at his normal level . This is absolutely fantastic.

* Bucks are now playing Conny' at the 3 until Chris comeback full strength as a starter.
    Ingles finally found his role as a spot up shooter.

Grayson Allen is more or less not living up to his 15 ppg and 3 dimes 4 boards per game.
    (I would really like to see him moved and some one else fill that role , but I think he will stay for the playoff run. )
    Bobby Portis is out , and may make it back for the playoff's , but his weak point is weak side defense ...
    Crawford could fill that role nicely, as long as they don't trade Carter, Conny' , Bobby, and George Hill.

They are not only contenders , I still see them coming out of the EAST.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Nah, Giannis knees look done. Doubt he’ll every be healthy late in the year again. Only threat out east now for the sixers, is the Cetics if they can avoid the magic and the heat because of Jimmy Buckets + they make a trade that pans out (without a trade they are not a threat)

Nobody is worried about the fkin bucks anymore….Trust me, I have no agenda or hate towards the bucks . Nobody is worried about them anymore…. Now if Giannis had healthy knees that werent degenerative they’d be a threat. He’s pretty much like heat d wade now. He’ll have games where he’s flash…. And he’ll have games where he’s G-Anus. Him being the best player in the east….that shit is ova!

TLDR: not a threat
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 02-01-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Nah, Giannis knees look done. Doubt he’ll every be healthy late in the year again. Only threat out east now for the sixers, is the Cetics if they can avoid the magic and the heat because of Jimmy Buckets + they make a trade that pans out (without a trade they are not a threat)

Nobody is worried about the fkin bucks anymore….Trust me, I have no agenda or hate towards the bucks . Nobody is worried about them anymore…. Now if Giannis had healthy knees that werent degenerative they’d be a threat. He’s pretty much like heat d wade now. He’ll have games where he’s flash…. And he’ll have games where he’s G-Anus. Him being the best player in the east….that shit is ova!

TLDR: not a threat
    nothing like Embiid who falls down (by tripping over himself) and is out for 3 weeks.

Can't rule them out. They've had a lot of disruptions and yet, they've hung around the top of the Eastern conference. A strong finish to the regular season will prime them for a deep playoff run.

Giannis is in his prime and has so much more to give. We haven't seen the last of him in the thick of things come May or June.

Once Middleton gets in the groove, they will be good to go. He's got several months to get in game shape and his rhythm back. Nets, Bucks and Celtics should make for a very fun East playoff matchups this PS.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Once Middleton gets in the groove, they will be good to go. He's got several months to get in game shape and his rhythm back. Nets, Bucks and Celtics should make for a very fun East playoff matchups this PS.
    Cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Cringe
    something all-star Harden has something to say ??

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    something all-star Harden has something to say ??
    Him not making it is more about missed games than what he can do on the court. So long as he's playing he's still a threat. If you set the issue of missed games aside he is better than a few Allstars.

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    i wonder what tito beasley thinks about this