Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How long will Bron have the scoring record?

Quote Originally Posted by nayte View Post
    I don't see any current player breaking it so at least 20 years but I feel like it's gonna be longer than that
    Well considering he'll have the record by early next week, let's start that 20 year countdown now. The only person right now young enough( and producing enough) to challenge it is Luka, but I think the general consensus is he'll neither play long enough or enough games per season to seriously challenge it. I doubt any of us will be alive to see anyone else even pass Kareem, let alone pass whatever total Lebron ends on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Well considering he'll have the record by early next week, let's start that 20 year countdown now. The only person right now young enough( and producing enough) to challenge it is Luka, but I think the general consensus is he'll neither play long enough or enough games per season to seriously challenge it. I doubt any of us will be alive to see anyone else even pass Kareem, let alone pass whatever total Lebron ends on.
    Yeah that's why I said at least 20 years.luca was on that track but he said he didn't want to play that long. I don't see anyone else breaking it currently.

Wemby has the talent but I don't see him lasting. Could be wrong but to op at least twenty years
    Last edited by nayte; 02-03-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Yeah that's why I said at least 20 years.luca was on that track but he said he didn't want to play that long. I don't see anyone else breaking it currently.

Wemby has the talent but I don't see him lasting. Could be wrong but to op at least twenty years
    'At least 20 years' just sounds like really underselling how long it's going to last lol, but not going to belabor that. It's more like 'it will last at least 40 years' but I can just as easily see it going 50 plus. As I said before any number of guys, especially in this era, could drop 27-30ppg. The issue is doing it for 20 years while playing like 70 games a year. There's a whole lot of math that needs to align perfectly for something like this to happen again.

'At least 20 years' just sounds like really underselling how long it's going to last lol, but not going to belabor that. It's more like 'it will last at least 40 years' but I can just as easily see it going 50 plus.
    I didn't mean to undersell it. That is just the minimum to me for how long you will have to play to beat the record so I went with that

I didn't mean to undersell it. That is just the minimum to me for how long you will have to play to beat the record so I went with that
    Fair enough, I may be overthinking it on my end. All good

Fair enough, I may be overthinking it on my end. All good
    Ha fair enough I should have been clearer.lebron has the goat level of longevity. But it will be passed like Kareem was. That's the way it goes

Banned

lol thinking any of us will live to see this historic record broken again.

National High School Star

Based on how a player declines and Lebron isn't in decline 50K/27 seasons is within his reach. I think he's going to play into his mid forties and use his influence to win with his kids.

And that record will never be broken like Wilt's 100.

Didn't get to see Kareem break the scoring record. Live anyway....

Pretty hyped to see this go down, though