Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was in general?

Right now Jokic is averaging a triple double and he's shooting 63 percent from the field. If you thought Lebron was a good passer, Jokic is making much more prolific passes. Jokic can get double digits in both assists and rebounds. He's also a better shooter than Lebron.

You can't use the ring argument because whenever it's mentioned Mike is 6-0, they say that rings are a product of your team and that Russell has 11.

Or course Lebron will have the scoring record, but what can Lebron do that Jokic can't? Checkmate?

Default Re: Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was in general?

Lebron has won four rings. Put all kinds of asterisks on them, collusions bailouts bubbles, hes still a champion and Jokic isn't.

Saying Jokic is better than Lebron because fgzz is the same dumb Bronie logic being used to prop him up as goat which he sure as hell isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    Lebron has won four rings. Put all kinds of asterisks on them, collusions bailouts bubbles, hes still a champion and Jokic isn't.

Saying Jokic is better than Lebron because fgzz is the same dumb Bronie logic being used to prop him up as goat which he sure as hell isn't.

why are you taking the bait

Local High School Star

It's funny, watching Jokic these last three years, I've wondered that, too. At least during the regular season, he's the most dominant player I've seen since LeBron. It just feels like if all else is equal, or even close to it, he'll take you over the top. You can't stop him. He's the most efficient 25 ppg scorer ever at like 67 TS% the last three seasons. He's the best passer I've ever seen I think. He's not as bad on defense as I thought.

But that said, 2009-2018 LeBron (really, even 2020 LeBron, and maybe even LeBron now in the right circumstances) was like bball Thanos. I remember I was watching a 2018 game, and LeBron like, threw the ball between a bucks player's legs and then hit a step back 30-footer. That 2018 postseason run was just ridiculous, 8 40-point games. In 2008-2009 he took that pretty mediocre Cavs team to 66 wins. LeBron from 2009-2013 specificially had no weaknesses in any matchup and he was always the best player by a lot. He could take trash teams even further than Jokic I think, and while Jokic is still like top 10 or top 5 player in the postseason (in bad circumstances, to be fair), LeBron was by far the best player in the playoffs whenever he played basically. And he was an elite defensive player, maybe the best in the league.

So I'll say no, Jokic isn't better than Peak LeBron.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post

Or course Lebron will have the scoring record, but what can Lebron do that Jokic can't? Checkmate?
    Win a title
    average 30PPG
    show up in the playoffs....

Jokic is a good player but Jesus Mary and Joseph he's not even reached the Harden level let alone Durant/Curry/Giannis

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It’s hilarious to me how often people here say “And don’t say _____ because when I say it you disagree” as if that doesn’t mean the person saying it would normally be against their own point.

Working so hard to disqualify an argument for hypocrisy while ignoring they must be hypocritical to make the argument they’re making to begin with.

Other people being hypocritical doesn’t mean the person pointing it out isn’t as well.

In the end nobody has a leg to stand on. It’s just fitting the argument to the point you wanna make regardless.

Obviously.

Jokic is better than MJ ever was. He's more of a pioneer than Bill Russell.

Are you Jokic? Is this a Jokic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It’s hilarious to me how often people here say “And don’t say _____ because when I say it you disagree” as if that doesn’t mean the person saying it would normally be against their own point.

Working so hard to disqualify an argument for hypocrisy while ignoring they must be hypocritical to make the argument they’re making to begin with.

Other people being hypocritical doesn’t mean the person pointing it out isn’t as well.

In the end nobody has a leg to stand on. It’s just fitting the argument to the point you wanna make regardless.
    do your ****ing job

Banned

Yes, Jokic is a more skilled basketball player offensively than Lebron ever was.

However, Lebron obviously has more accomplishments, and accomplishments matter.

Also, Jokic has never shown any defensive ability comparable to prime Lebron.

Good High School Starter 100grandman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Yes, Jokic is a more skilled basketball player offensively than Lebron ever was.

Nah. Lebron can score in more ways and has more moves. End of story.

He can score with the ball, off the ball, cut, low post, long range when he’s feeling it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

YES

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post

Guard a Derrick rose esque player in the clutch during a playoff series and stop them
    Average 30 ppg in a season(he’s never came close)
    Make a defensive all nba 1st team
    Have a body fat percentage under 6%
    Lead his country to an Olympic gold medal
    Make it to the finals in under 5 years

These are all things he either can’t do or has ever came close to. And this is without giving it thought. I’m sure if I actually tried I could name 30 things he can’t do that Lebron can….now vice Versa there is only 1 or 2 things that jokic can do that Lebron cant

I don't get picked last at the park anymore PANTHALASSA's Avatar

Nah, Jokic is in the “everyone else” category.

You see, there’s Lebron…. and there’s everyone else.

And Lebron >>>> Everyone else