Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    Interesting trade. I wonder how long Luka will put up with Kyrie before he acts out like a child to get him shipped away.
    Luka is all about winning, I don't see him acting out at all.

They will mesh just fine. (Irving always praised Luka)

Default Re: BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for

Quote Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
    Let me get this straight. You trade one of the greatest players today for two pedestrian players and this is a good trade for both team ?
    Kyrie wasn't gonna stay in BK anyway and threatened to sit out the season.. Nets flipped an expiring who wanted out for 2 quality starters + picks. That's a great deal for them considering that they still have KD, who's arguably the best player in the league when healthy and now have even more picks and other assets to flip for another quality starter like OG Anunoby to make them really tough defensively.

Nets are in a great position right now and Mavs gave Luka what he wanted. Both sides won with the trade at least right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    Kyrie? One of the best plyers today???

Dude is a freaking top 20 player at worst.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore PANTHALASSA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wait View Post

Dude is a freaking top 20 player at worst.

Based on what?

His teams never ever suffer the slightest setback when he leaves town or is out with injury/headcasing.

He doesnt make an impact. So who cares about his arbitrary fan ranking.

Too all the bronies who had their hopes up and will now act like they never wanted him....eat a d1ck.

Kyrie wasn't rejoining LeCancer...he already ran away from him once

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut View Post
    Irving won’t be able to co-exist with Luka. He’s too egotistical. Same reason he left LeBron.
    That's not why he left lebron, you clown

He left because of LeCancer

Luka is all about winning, I don't see him acting out at all.

They will mesh just fine. (Irving always praised Luka)
    Yep, this

Finally Luka has some help

lakers fumbled the bag on this one, the time to win is right now while you guys have AD and Bron, both playing at an MVP level.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Mavs had to swing for the fences in a move like this as they current team was not close to good enough to truly contend. But moves like this are just a reminder of how the Mavs have consistently bungled draft picks, contracts, and free agency for a long time now. The Brunson thing is just unreal bad. A total unforced error.

If this doesn't work and Luka leaves...without winning a title in Dallas....to have Dirk and then Luka and only get 1 title out of it....honestly would just be absurd.

LeGM failed to collude again

Because he gets to play with an all-time great and has a good shot at winning a chip? There's worse places you could end up in.
    He does the same in Dallas..

If you actually disagree with my notion that hes disappointed, answer my other question.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Mavs had to swing for the fences in a move like this as they current team was not close to good enough to truly contend. But moves like this are just a reminder of how the Mavs have consistently bungled draft picks, contracts, and free agency for a long time now. The Brunson thing is just unreal bad. A total unforced error.

If this doesn't work and Luka leaves...without winning a title in Dallas....to have Dirk and then Luka and only get 1 title out of it....honestly would just be absurd.
    Dirk and Luka have both been top 5 and/or fringe top 5 players throughout their careers. What is so absurd about them only getting 1 ring? Neither one of them has been so good that you could confidently say they were ever the best player in the world. Aside from that, teams win championships. I can list dozens of guys that have been top 5 league wide players for many years in their careers that never won rings. There are quite a few top 20 all time players that never won championships. I agree with you that it's probably a bad trade, but we'll have to see.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

More interested in seeing how the Nets flip the picks. Dinwiddle back in BK looks good as well and DFS gives the Nets size, shooting, and defense

Kyrie with the Mavs feels like a rental though

I like it for Mavs the upcoming options to trade for during offseason were siakam and lavine. Lavine is definitely worse than Kyrie ball dominant and on a bad contract. Siakam is a good fit but they dont have the assets for him. I only don’t like giving up an unprotected pick that far in the future for someone as unreliable as Kyrie but they likely want to use the other picks in another trade. It’s a desperate move but they were in a desperate situation. Ofc I rather have brunson and the pick but this is theoretically a harden/cp3 situation

Nets got decent value but obviously they’re trying to compete with kd. I think it’s a bit futile but they do have 3 picks to trade now

Quote Originally Posted by PANTHALASSA View Post
    Based on what?

His teams never ever suffer the slightest setback when he leaves town or is out with injury/headcasing.

He doesnt make an impact. So who cares about his arbitrary fan ranking.
    This makes no sense. It's probably the dumbest argument anyone can make for a player of his caliber. The stats (RAPTOR, On/Off splits) this season suggest that he's a massive positive on offense and they also show that he hasn't hurt the Nets defensively either.

Irving is tied with Booker for #7 in Offensive RAPTOR (higher than Lebron, KD and Tatum for example) and tied for 10th in total RAPTOR.

Using something as arbitrary as RS W/L record to discredit him is very low IQ. He's played on some great teams so of course they're still going to be successful without him. Bran played in a terrible EC and they didn't lose him for nothing. Celtics had a loaded roster with a bunch of young players who kept developing after he left. Nets have had a great share of talent as well. Both Bran and KD stans have used Kyrie's injuries in the POs as an excuse for why they lost ('15 Finals, '21 vs Bucks) but then also act as if Kyrie's some net-negative player who held them back when it's convenient.