Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paul Pierce and Other NBA Players Calling LeBron the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    Peak-prime wise, I'm still taking MJ over Bron. BUT GOAT status is your entire career resume. So when u look at it like that, I'm not gonna argue too hard if people think Bron is the GOAT. However MJ STILL has the edge in terms of solo awards. MJ STILL has the edge in terms of rings. Season scoring average wise, MJ STILL is #1 all time. Peak-prime MJ was the best TWO WAY perimeter player of all time! The ultimate assassin who was ALSO DPOY!!!

And MJ was putting up 30-8-8 with DPOY caliber defense BEFORE Pip came of age. if Pip NEVER came of age, MJ would have put up MORE of those type of seasons! So this BS that MJ is the assassin while Bron is the all around player is BS!!!! MJ for the players 6'6 and under is the BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER OF ALL TIME! Bron and Giannis ALL AROUND WISE stand out a bit more BECAUSE they are positionless types of players. They have positional versatility that MJ can't match. And they are legit great scorers, passers, rebounders, and defenders (peak Bron defense) on top of it. But for players 6'6 and under, MJ was JUST AS COMPLETE for players in that size range.

While I agree Bron is the best all around player of all time, MJ WAS CONSIDERED the best all around player before Bron took that crown! What other player combined scoring, passing, rebounding, defense, and positional versatility BETTER than MJ back in the day????

And keep ONE THING IN MIND..... In terms of American TEAM SPORTS, MJ is WIDELY CONSIDERED the GOAT. With Brady right up there too. SO if u consider Bron the GOAT of the NBA, THAT MEANS he's the GOAT of American team sports. For me personally, I'm NOT QUITE ready to put him above MJ and Brady!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LeBron is the GOAT, no point in these back and forth discussions anymore
    This.

NBA lottery pick

Dude missed the playoffs as much as titles won and a dude in his own era beat him head to head 3x and played less seasons with as many titles without switching teams. Dude missed the playoffs with peak Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook and Dwight Howard and Melo.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    Dude missed the playoffs as much as titles won and a dude in his own era beat him head to head 3x and played less seasons with as many titles without switching teams. Dude missed the playoffs with peak Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook and Dwight Howard and Melo.
    Not the mention the quality of teams he faced going to the finals in the east mostly lol