Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Breaking: Kyrie traded to the Mavs for Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, and picks.

Welp. There goes lakers chances with Westbrook still on team

BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith, a first-round and multiple second-round picks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...lJKllITzFzxGFw
    Last edited by Keno; 02-05-2023 at 04:07 PM.

College superstar

Default Re: BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for

Damn…….

Default Re: BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for

Sauce?

College superstar

Westbrook stuck with Lakers….

Good High School Starter

I will reserve judgement until we see the product on the court but my gut says Kyrie has this pro black thing going on in a big way and I'm interested to see how that works with Luka.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Sauce?
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...24668047794177

Interesting trade. I wonder how long Luka will put up with Kyrie before he acts out like a child to get him shipped away.

Mavs didn't give up too much to get him and Nets got a quality return at least in the short term. Good trade for both teams.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Nets win BIG!!!

LUKA GETS HELP!

WOW!!!!!!

BLOCKBUSTER!!!!!

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Mavs didn't give up too much to get him and Nets got a quality return at least in the short term. Good trade for both teams.
    Agreed!

Solid trade for both teams!

I dont get the logic whatsoever, unless the Mavs are just using this to dump salary.

Kyrie:

1) Cant play defense
    2) Needs the ball on offense
    3) Terribly immature
    4) Massively resents white people

So you pair him with a guy who:

1) Is white
    2) Has the highest usage in the league
    3) Is average at best defensively
    4) Is also terribly immature

If the Mavs make the finals with this pairing I'll be the first to eat my words. But every shred of logic points to this being the dumbest possible pairing to put together.

That said, it's a great trade for the Nets. They get a decent haul that probably makes them better than they were with Kyrie.

And it's not a BAD trade for the Mavs. They're not gonna really miss what they gave up, Dinwiddie doesnt fit great with Luka and theyre crowded at DFS' position. So they shed some salary and get to see what happens with REEEEEE for a year.

But I'm personally not expecting it to actually work.

NBA rookie of the year

Irving won’t be able to co-exist with Luka. He’s too egotistical. Same reason he left LeBron.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    But every shred of logic points to this being the dumbest possible pairing to put together.
    Almost as bad a fit as LeBron and Westbrook.

I agree with your points.