Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2023 post trade deadline...the tank finally appears to on

Khobi Price: RJ Hampton potentially could be waived or have his contract with the Orlando Magic bought out, league sources told @orlandosports. It’d give R.J. the opportunity to get more consistent playing time/opportunity elsewhere.

– via Twitter khobi_price

he'd be someone to target

Shams Charania: Sources: NBA 3-Point Contest participants at All-Star Weekend: Boston’s Jayson Tatum, Sacramento’s Kevin Huerter, Miami’s Tyler Herro, Indiana’s Tyrese Haliburton and Buddy Hield, Portland’s Damian Lillard and Anfernee Simons and Utah’s Lauri Markkanen.
    – via Twitter ShamsCharania

https://www.deseret.com/2023/2/13/23...one-fontecchio

A mix between Joe Ingles and Georges Niang, but maybe even a little more athletic.
    if he's anywhere near as good as Niang he'll be something. He's not young though so right now it looks like he'll be headed back to Europe within the year

https://saltcityhoops.com/sc7-sextons-turn-adieu-mike/

Where Clarkson employs guile and a deep bag of tricks once he gets inside the lane, Sexton instead pounds his way in, using his muscular build to simply power from point A to point B. That’s especially true in halfcourt, which helps explain his elite-for-a-guard free throw ratio (.438 FTAs per every FGA). Among ball handling guards, only superstard James Harden, Damian Lillard, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander have higher rates.
    a lot I like about him more than Mitchell. This is another area. Donovon avoided contact. He's gotten better

You can start to see why the Jazz are excited. Someone who can get into the paint at will, finish well, draw contact AND punish sagging defenses with the shot is a pretty lethal weapon. If the Jazz can combine that — and herein lies the big “if” with Collin Sexton — with better court awareness and passing, then suddenly you have something pretty exciting.
    already looked like a much better pg than Mitchell ever has been when Conley was out earlier in the year

There are some encouraging signs early on. For example, looking at where Walker Kessler is in this still, it’s actually somewhat surprising that this action directly leads to an alley-oop for the big man. It hasn’t been uncommon for Sexton in a situation like this to put his head down and focus on beating the switch. Instead, he actually pauses here for a beat to let the play develop. That patience gives Kessler time to finish the cut down to where a smaller Raptor has no chance of affecting his shot.
    thank you for your service Mike Conley! Mitchell never did figure it out

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-jazz-reaction

Similar to Jones, JTA was one of the few wing-sized players on the roster and still couldn’t find time on the Lakers despite their desperate need for wings. Injuries played a small role in him not being available but he failed to make an impact even when he was.
    one of the few wing sized players in Utah too

NBA Skills Challenge participants, teams named

On Tuesday, the NBA announced the three teams and nine participants that will take part in Saturday night's Kia Skills Challenge.

Team Antetokounmpos:
    Alex Antetokounmpo, Wisconsin Herd (G League)
    Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
    Thanasis Antetokounmpos, Milwaukee Bucks

Team Jazz:

Jordan Clarkson, Utah Jazz
    Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz
    Collin Sexton, Utah Jazz
    Team Rooks:
    Paolo Banchero, Orland Magic
    Jaden Ivy, Detroit Pistons

Jabari Smith Jr., Houston Rockets
    Clarkson might embarass himself. I'd guess rooks on paper

Ryan Miller: Rudy Gay will be out tonight. Lauri Markkanen is still questionable.
    – via Twitter millerjryan

Shams Charania: The Utah Jazz are waiving guard Leandro Bolmaro, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania
    not surprising. I like him. He's in the wrong era. I'd think Udoka is next. 2 roster spots

https://kslsports.com/498738/utah-ja...andro-bolmaro/

does this mean Sexton isn't hurt too bad? Bolmaro should be next in line though Hardy went to Clarkson last game

https://www.slcdunk.com/2023/2/16/23...eandro-bolmaro

It’s a nice way to do solid for Bolmaro who hasn’t looked NBA-ready and can now go to Europe and either make more money there, or develop to eventually return to the NBA.
    he wasn't going to be on the team next year. Easy

Udoka and Toscano should be considered to for the same reasons

https://saltcityhoops.com/hardys-cha...r-superpowers/

Kryptonite: His kryptonite is his lack of control, which can make it challenging for him to keep in position, avoid jumping at pump fakes, and staying out of foul trouble. In fact, you may likely see him concurrently improve as a defender while seeing a reduction in total blocks and blocks per game. And it wouldn’t be a bad thing! Because it will mean he is playing more under control and focused on containment, rather than swatting a guy out of the gym.
    I'd say it's almost a certainty that he blocks less shots as he becomes better. There's a reason Gobert only led in blocks once. You can be Whiteside and rack up blocks or you can be great and keep the other team from scoring

Superpower: JC is one of the most unique players in the NBA, though he isn’t often discussed that way. Jordan leads the league in 4 point plays and fouls on three point attempts. He can hit shots in big ways and at big times. He’s an incredibly skilled isolation player. And yet none of these things identifies his true superpower, in this writer’s opinion.
    why anyone would foul him in stead of letting him throw up a prayer is beyond me

Kryptonite: JC still falls to his age-old weakness of getting too focused on his own shot. When he forgets himself and uses his ability for others, we see something amazing from Clarkson.
    where to even start. Prayers, bricks, pounding the rock, throwing the ball away. **** him really!

Not many foresaw Walker Kessler being this good this fast. For much of the public, he was almost an afterthought in the Gobert trade. But, he’s emerged as a big piece to Utah’s future, someone the Jazz are counting on as they forge ahead in their rebuild. And the development is there. It’s clear Kessler is a significantly better player now than he was at the beginning of the season. “As far as a ceiling goes, I don’t really see one for Walker,” Jazz head coach Will Hardy told The Athletic. “There’s nothing right now that hits me in the face as a big limitation. We’re very proud of Walker and the way he’s conducted himself. He’s started small. He’s maximized his opportunities as they have come. He’s incredibly coachable and competitive. He comes to the gym every day with a real care factor. And he loves being a part of this team.”
    – via Tony Jones @ The Athletic

For Kessler, All-Star Weekend is about fun, about embracing what he’s been able to accomplish to this point. And at this point, he’s far away from that NCAA Tournament game. “For me, I didn’t have the expectation of being in the Rising Stars,” Kessler said. “So to be recognized in that way is really cool. There are a lot of young and talented guys. So, I’m really looking forward to playing as well as I can and trying to do what I can to impact the game. And I want to learn as much as I can in the process.”

“That was one of the most difficult moments of my career,” Kessler told The Athletic in a one-on-one interview. “Playing against Miami, I got into foul trouble. Nothing went right. I don’t think I’ve ever played that poorly. And it was a loss that stuck with me, because it wasn’t until the NBA preseason that I basically played another game. “But, that was a big moment of growth for me. I had to learn how to cope with defeat and failure. I never ended a season like that. But, as a perfectionist, I had to understand that one game doesn’t define who you are. I had to mature from it.”

“We’ll see where it goes from here. I miss the Jazz. I don’t need a job — I [just] miss the Jazz,” Malone said. “Where I grew up, where I’m from, respect is huge to me. You give respect, but sometimes you feel slighted. We’ll just see. I’ve talked to Ryan [Smith] — we have a good relationship just talking, but I don’t know him that well. We’ll just see. But I miss the Jazz.”
    – via Salt Lake Tribune

He loathes hearing criticisms of the state — whether it be that it’s not sufficiently cosmopolitan to attract modern NBA players, or that it has a problem with racism, given criticisms from both outsiders such as Vernon Maxwell (ironically, now close friends with Malone) or from those like Donovan Mitchell, who spent five years playing here. “The people of Utah have been amazing to me. It does hurt when negative things are said about Utah, because I know what kind of place it is. It’s special to me,” Malone said. “We all can do better, but this is a special place to me. The people here have supported us and everything we’ve done here in this community.”
    – via Salt Lake Tribune

3 open roster spots. What's up Danny? Need a vet pg maybe immediately with Sexton hurt. More wings

not sure what the market on all these guys are but Dragic or Wall could be a nice vet to bring in unless you're sold on Horton Tucker as the backup