Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ohio is quietly having a Chernobyl event unfold

https://www.fastcompany.com/90848025...-fire-disaster

Don’t let this take away from the “spy balloons

Default Re: Ohio is quietly having a Chernobyl event unfold

Interesting how the Climate Nazis have been quiet about this.

People aren't going to talk about something if it the conversation isn't pushed by the MSM + influencers, at least not in the general public sphere or a place like ISH.

It's like the word nazi, Johnny used it in this thread, but remember how much this word was used by people on the left between 2016-2020? Even here on ISH you'd see resident leftist using it day in and day out, but now it's all but vanished again.

It makes both Trump and Biden look bad so there's no reason for anyone to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Interesting how the Climate Nazis have been quiet about this.
    You're really special.

I'm no climate nazi, but sure no denier of climate change. What do you want to talk people about?
    I doubt the broad public has any idea what this accident means. Most people have zero understanding about chemicals, ADR and what it means for companies.

The difference between this accident and climate change is basically that an accident is an isolated event, while climate change is not. The reaction by officials was and is pretty bad though.

I don't know how strict the US is when it comes to ADR, but if there's an accident involving possibly harmful chemicals evacuation is imminent here and officials know exactly what chemicals were involved. The whole ordeal scream incompetence more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    You're really special.

I'm no climate nazi, but sure no denier of climate change. What do you want to talk people about?
    I doubt the broad public has any idea what this accident means. Most people have zero understanding about chemicals, ADR and what it means for companies.

The difference between this accident and climate change is basically that an accident is an isolated event, while climate change is not. The reaction by officials was and is pretty bad though.

I don't know how strict the US is when it comes to ADR, but if there's an accident involving possibly harmful chemicals evacuation is imminent here and officials know exactly what chemicals were involved. The whole ordeal scream incompetence more than anything else.
    Climate change is a nothingburger.

I read about it last week. Messed up situation. It's very difficult to clean heavy metals once they spill and begin to seep into the ground. I don't know what the best recourse is for this incident, especially in the nearby town. The chemicals might eventually make their way into the groundwater. Might have to relocate everyone permanently, idk.

Yeah, that's all you made this post for. Happy for you to get this off your chest for the 4763882763rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I read about it last week. Messed up situation. It's very difficult to clean heavy metals once they spill and begin to seep into the ground. I don't know what the best recourse is for this incident, especially in the nearby town. The chemicals might eventually make their way into the groundwater. Might have to relocate everyone permanently, idk.
    It's vinylchlorid. It dissolves into hydrochloric acid when it gets in touch with water.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 02-13-2023 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Yeah, that's all you made this post for. Happy for you to get this off your chest for the 4763882763rd time.

It's vinylchlorid. It dissolves into hydrochloric acid when it gets in touch with water.
    johnny obviously hasn't done any honest research on the subject, but common sense says it is a nothingburger.

you really think this billion year old rock is in any way affected by 200 years of heavy industry? this planet has been through much, much worse than our tiny footprint of 'destruction'.

our impact is nada. the earth will shake it off like a bad case of fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    johnny obviously hasn't done any honest research on the subject, but common sense says it is a nothingburger.

you really think this billion year old rock is in any way affected by 200 years of heavy industry? this planet has been through much, much worse than our tiny footprint of 'destruction'.

We could discuss this till eternity. Our impact isn't nothing. We're killing off quite alot of species, just in the grant schema of things it's nothing. The universe doesn't give a shit about life.

It's just that this guy is derailing the thread for his stupid antileft agenda. He has like nothing else to offer. Total one track mind. Like some bot.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post

You must be fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    People aren't going to talk about something if it the conversation isn't pushed by the MSM + influencers, at least not in the general public sphere or a place like ISH.

It's like the word nazi, Johnny used it in this thread, but remember how much this word was used by people on the left between 2016-2020? Even here on ISH you'd see resident leftist using it day in and day out, but now it's all but vanished again.
    Even cnn have had multiple articles about this.

Yeah for mouth breathers. So I'm sure you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Yeah for mouth breathers. So I'm sure you're good.
    Shouldn’t you be lining up for your 5th booster you stupid sheep cu.nt

“Climate change” is the new buzzword for these big companies you bend over for to make more money. Talk about being a mouth breather