Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Klay Thompson 16 games without Steph: 26.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.6 apg on 59.33% TS

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Sure. Giannis and LeBron are below 60% TS I believe. A lot of Klay's impact isn't going to be captured on the stat sheet. That ability to shoot from three, stretch the defense, and move off the ball. He's definitely creating offensive space and scoring opportunities for his teammates.
    No doubt. I'm just pointing out that his efficiency isn't THAT great. I think people still intuitively look at 60 %TS and go "Wow" when league average is 58 %TS

Default Re: Klay Thompson 16 games without Steph: 26.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.6 apg on 59.33% TS

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    No doubt. I'm just pointing out that his efficiency isn't THAT great. I think people still intuitively look at 60 %TS and go "Wow" when league average is 58 %TS
    It's largely his weak free-throw rate I believe. Doesn't really get to the charity stripe that much

Dunking on everybody in the park

Warriors are what? 5-0 without Curry and Wiggins in their last games? Now with GP2 and when they'll both be back, the Warriors are a threat to everyone, so stacked that they dont even need their "arguably best" 2 players to make the playoffs and can beat everyone without them.

scoring stats ain't what they used to be, but nice.

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He scored 18 on 53% TS in the playoffs

In the Lakers series he scored 16 on 48% TS

That’s worse than Allen Iverson with half the volume

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Klay is what I would call a weak first option, but an ideal second option. He can play D and be productive on offense off the ball which makes it easy to pair him with a top tier star.
    Yup. But if you look at how he produced at the championship level its weak. He's an elite shooter and decent man defender. Athletically totally sub par. No passing or playmaking game. If he wasn't on Golden State he'd be about as well known as Michael Redd.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    He scored 18 on 53% TS in the playoffs

In the Lakers series he scored 16 on 48% TS

That’s worse than Allen Iverson with half the volume
    People don't realize how bad he's shot in the playoffs when it mattered. He goes off once in a while but is generally like JR Smith level. And even JR could get hot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yup. But if you look at how he produced at the championship level its weak. He's an elite shooter and decent man defender. Athletically totally sub par. No passing or playmaking game. If he wasn't on Golden State he'd be about as well known as Michael Redd.
    take Redd over Carmelo too

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Nah man. That's just going overboard now

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    You would probably take rudy gobert over Hakeem so I'm not sure what you say matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    Nah man. That's just going overboard now
    there's guys I'd want on my team and guys I wouldn't

You would probably take rudy gobert over Hakeem so I'm not sure what you say matters.
    if you say so

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Has Klay proved himself worthy without Steph? I've been impressed by his ability to scale up his game. This is not a particularly talented roster. Klay could probably lead this team to the playoffs if Curry's salary was replaced with a better bench and a decent point guard.

Give Klay Tyus Jones, Mason Plumlee, Eric Gordon, and a healthy GP2. He leads that squad to the playoffs.

Some of his performances this year without Steph:

He also played 9 games without Steph last season.

Added all up, that's 25 games without Steph:
    That's pretty similar to Maxey without Embiid.

He should move to another team and see how he does next season.