Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default So I met some famous actors yesterday

So I've been down in Florida for the past week for a business convention, and on my way back home, I stopped by Atlanta for the Atlanta Comic Con. First time going to one of these conventions and seeing an actor up close. I met The Rock a long time ago in Miami at a gym we were working out at, but that was obviously way before he blew up and became Hollywood.

I met the LOTR actors and the Cobra Kai guys yesterday and took some pics with them and I have to say, these are just average human beings. The only thing that separates them from the rest of us is their fame and their wealth. But they're in the same hustle as well. They're flying from all over the world to do these conventions and collect a paycheck. And while they are not A-List celebrities, these are the actors who you know have a personal appreciation for their fans. Seeing William Zabka hug some Cobra Kai fan was humbling. Sean Astin and Ralph Maccio are like the nicest human beings out there. Elijah Wood doesn't age, but the other two hobbits look ancient, and then I have to remind myself that those movies came out over 20 years ago.

Moral of the story, some of these people are just normal human beings just like you or me. Well, maybe not like you, but definitely me.

Default Re: So I met some famous actors yesterday

Ironicay I came to this conclusion upon seing some weirdo try to get an interview with Elijah Wood at some convention.

The eite A-listers definitely do operate on a different plateau though.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

ComicCon is basically the Mecca of green and purple haired libs, and there is Chewing in the middle of it all thinking "hey, famous people are just people!".

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    ComicCon is basically the Mecca of green and purple haired libs, and there is Chewing in the middle of it all thinking "hey, famous people are just people!".

There are some very sexy nerdy women at these conventions. I don't discriminate. I did feel superior to the nerds as I walked by them, but I wasn't about to ask them how they felt about the current political climate.

I will say, the only thing that looked out of place was a grown ass man dressed up in a full Spiderman costume, but he was there with his kid so I guess it made it okay, but it was very odd to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    There are some very sexy nerdy women at these conventions. I don't discriminate. I did feel superior to the nerds as I walked by them, but I wasn't about to ask them how they felt about the current political climate.

I will say, the only thing that looked out of place was a grown ass man dressed up in a full Spiderman costume, but he was there with his kid so I guess it made it okay, but it was very odd to look at.
    I want to troll you so bad about all this right now, but I'm just happy you didn't have thoughts of shooting the whole place up with an AR15. I'm glad you were able to shelve that mindset and enjoy yourself, I didn't think you were capable.

Now if you could only watch a nerdy movie without hyper-focusing on what race the actors are or any gay scenes.

I want to troll you so bad about all this right now, but I'm just happy you didn't have thoughts of shooting the whole place up with an AR15. I'm glad you were able to shelve that mindset and enjoy yourself, I didn't think you were capable.

Now if you could only watch a nerdy movie without hyper-focusing on what race the actors are or any gay scenes.
    Troll me so bad? Dude, you have problems. Remember who brought politics into this thread. You did. You take the personas of the people you deal with on this site far too serious. Shoot up the place? What the hell man?

I have no problems watching movies so long as the writers don't hyperfocus on race and gender and forced gay scenes. Get it??

Troll me so bad? Dude, you have problems. Remember who brought politics into this thread. You did. You take the personas of the people you deal with on this site far too serious. Shoot up the place? What the hell man?

I have no problems watching movies so long as the writers don't hyperfocus on race and gender and forced gay scenes. Get it??
    "Death to Liberalism" under your name.

You're constantly ranting about civil way and liberals being demons.

So yeah, it comes off strange that you can walk into a liberal fest and enjoy yourself. I like it though. I'll let you have this one.

"Death to Liberalism" under your name.

You're constantly ranting about civil way and liberals being demons.

So yeah, it comes off strange that you can walk into a liberal fest and enjoy yourself. I like it though. I'll let you have this one.
    Liberalism is a political ideology. It's not people. And by far and away the more violent and confrontational people on the political landscape are Liberals. The countless number of videos of Liberals getting triggered beyond belief for seeing someone with a MAGA hat is proof. The inability to accept differing opinions is why the Twitter Files exist in the first place.

Again, don't take everything you read on here seriously. We're all trolls whether we like to admit it or not. That's the beauty of anonymity on the internet.

And Comic Con is for everyone. It's not a Liberal fest. You do need to get out more if you think Conservatives just hang out at biker bars shooting guns in the air or whatever you think they are.

I just want to point out how you turned this thread into a political one when it is not. Just want to make you aware of that.

liberals proving they are constantly confused again.

good for u OP. florida is nice to visit.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

The Rock is in no way an actor.

He is a celebrity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

saying without proof , is like I played golf with Trump.

Lets see the pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been down in Florida for the past week for a business convention, and on my way back home, I stopped by Atlanta for the Atlanta Comic Con. First time going to one of these conventions and seeing an actor up close. I met The Rock a long time ago in Miami at a gym we were working out at, but that was obviously way before he blew up and became Hollywood.

I met the LOTR actors and the Cobra Kai guys yesterday and took some pics with them and I have to say, these are just average human beings. The only thing that separates them from the rest of us is their fame and their wealth. But they're in the same hustle as well. They're flying from all over the world to do these conventions and collect a paycheck. And while they are not A-List celebrities, these are the actors who you know have a personal appreciation for their fans. Seeing William Zabka hug some Cobra Kai fan was humbling. Sean Astin and Ralph Maccio are like the nicest human beings out there. Elijah Wood doesn't age, but the other two hobbits look ancient, and then I have to remind myself that those movies came out over 20 years ago.

Moral of the story, some of these people are just normal human beings just like you or me. Well, maybe not like you, but definitely me.
    I don't think they're quite as fat.

Moral of the story, some of these people are just normal human beings just like you or me.
    I don't know why you're surprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I don't think they're quite as fat.