Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Michael Cooper GOES IN on Redick

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yeah I'm not really arguing that. I don't think that should be used as a metric to bash older players because they had to hold down a 2nd job. They weren't earning 30 million a year like todays entitled load managers. Again, when you see Reddick on ESPN shutting down Stephen A with objective arguments, using the 'plumbers and carpenters' argument seems beneath him. It just disrespects the pioneers of the league, even if it's technically correct.

Whenever someone makes their living talking off the top of their head live on the air they will say things that maybe they would say differently in hindsight. Comes with the territory.

I think it came off more harshly than intended. I also think some of these old guys (of which I am one) look pretty childish with their attacks on redick.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Whenever someone makes their living talking off the top of their head live on the air they will say things that maybe they would say differently in hindsight. Comes with the territory.

I think it came off more harshly than intended. I also think some of these old guys (of which I am one) look pretty childish with their attacks on redick.
    Has he actually come back to say he didn't intend it to be so harsh? Because he's had ample opportunity to do so.

And yes, the old players could take the higher road but you're talking about professional athletes. They don't get to the highest level without egos, and clearly they perceive Reddicks comments as disrespecting prior eras, whether he intended it or otherwise. My overall point though, is I think all these players hold really shitty viewpoints on other eras. Look at some of Gilbert Arenas comments, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Has he actually come back to say he didn't intend it to be so harsh? Because he's had ample opportunity to do so.

And yes, the old players could take the higher road but you're talking about professional athletes. They don't get to the highest level without egos, and clearly they perceive Reddicks comments as disrespecting prior eras, whether he intended it or otherwise. My overall point though, is I think all these players hold really shitty viewpoints on other eras. Look at some of Gilbert Arenas comments, for example.

I listen to his podcast occasionally and I haven't heard him try to walk back the plumber comments. I think he realizes that there is no such thing as bad publicity lol. He accidentally took a page out of Stephen A's book and decided to roll with it.

He recently did a podcast with Mikal Bridges and said he really doesn't care about old guys taking shots at him. He was adamant about his Bird comments though.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I listen to his podcast occasionally and I haven't heard him try to walk back the plumber comments. I think he realizes that there is no such thing as bad publicity lol. He accidentally took a page out of Stephen A's book and decided to roll with it.

He recently did a podcast with Mikal Bridges and said he really doesn't care about old guys taking shots at him. He was adamant about his Bird comments though.
    I saw the podcast. I do agree with his argument about Bird not being a 'top 5 3point shooter' based on volume and percentages. But he was able to make the case using objective reasoning without taking unnecessary jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    These old heads are sensitive as hell
    They are typical boomer idiots. Constantly crying about everything while calling everyone else who disagrees sensitive.

Very bad look for the league.