Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink I had a Quad seoson at the YMCA...

Perhaps the most famous thread in ISH history.

I had a Quad seoson at the YMCA...

Just got the stats today from my local YMCA...we had our yearly seoson and the team that wins the title gets 2 thousand dollars split...we finished the year 4th with 25 teams involved...my numbers: (12 games)

Game 1: (17/28) 42 points, 13 reb, 8ast, 8st and 12 blocks
    Game 2: 12/18, 29 points, 7 reb, 15ast, 9st and 8 blocks
    Game 3: 9/12, 15 points, 23 reb, 17ast, 4st and 11 blocks
    Game 4: 20/29, 46 points, 12 reb, 9ast, 2stl and 7 blocks
    Game 5: 13/23, 32 points, 8 reb, 13ast, 0stl and 11 blocks
    Game 6*: 22/27, 42 points, 17 reb, 12ast, 8stl and 7 blocks
    Game 7: 6/8, 13 points, 9 reb, 5 ast, 5 stl and 6 blocks (only 15 minutes of play)
    Game 8: 16/26, 39 points, 10reb, 12 ast, 10st and 9 blocks
    Game 9: 11/17, 26 points, 11 reb, 9 ast, 7 st and 14 blocks
    Game 10: DNP
    Game 11: DNP
    Game 12: 23/30, 55 points, 16 reb, 8ast, 9st and 16 blocks

I play small forward at the tourny and the game are only 8min a quarter and a total of 32min...players only over 17 are allowed in this tourny.

My seoson average: 33.9ppg, 12.6rpg, 10.8apg, 6.2spg, 10.2bpg...in 27.2mpg.
    72.9ft%, 62.0 3pt%...149 FG made on only 218 fga...68.3fg% is my tourny stat...i know it was only 10 games but damn i was surprised when i got the stats...i was also named MVP and defensive player...hope my team can win that 2 thousand dollars...it will be very tough...we finished 10-2 but the 2 loses was when i couldn't play due to college.
    "It's like this and like that and like this...y'all just chill till the next episode" Laker style!!! “Lakers payed their way through their last two championships, it’s common sense. Laker fans doubt this because they are busy hanging on the nuts of their Lakers”

Default Re: I had a Quad seoson at the YMCA...

if the web archive got that, they shoud have the tim grover thread aso

OP a tenner if you find the tim grover thread

you were in it too. interesting discussion about what changed with athetes and humans in genera, why are there more injuries, benefits of compound workouts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    if the web archive got that, they shoud have the tim grover thread aso

OP a tenner if you find the tim grover thread

you were in it too. interesting discussion about what changed with athetes and humans in genera, why are there more injuries, benefits of compound workouts, etc.
    When was it posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    When was it posted?
    last year.

MAYBE 2021 but had to have been last year.

it was a tim grover quote about what players or staffs do wrong since they get injured so much.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    last year.

MAYBE 2021 but had to have been last year.

it was a tim grover quote about what players or staffs do wrong since they get injured so much.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...s-to-come-back

This? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

wtf?

I checked my bookmarks and searched tim grover insidehoops on google and NOTHING came up.

yes, that. thanks man lmao

2020 though wow

time flies

The midgets playing basketball image was being used back then. Never knew it was that old. I wonder what year it was taken.

One day you're posting in ISH, and then it's 21 years later.

Back then Jasper was still older than the vast majority of us here. Older than me, FultzNationRISE, Patrick Chewing, Shogun, Nanners, MrFonzworth, and Even Lebron23.

At his current rate, Axe, who wasn't even alive back then would have over 230,000 posts during those 21 years.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    The midgets playing basketball image was being used back then. Never knew it was that old. I wonder what year it was taken.

Back then Jasper was still older than the vast majority of us here. Older than me, FultzNationRISE, Patrick Chewing, Shogun, Nanners, MrFonzworth, and Even Lebron23.

At his current rate, Axe, who wasn't even alive back then would have over 230,000 posts during those 21 years.
    That's nuts. I'm 41 now and 21 years ago, Jasper was still older than me and more racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    That's nuts. I'm 41 now and 21 years ago, Jasper was still older than me and more racist.
    Yes. And judging by how old he was back then, chances are that he was also older than over 95% of ISH members back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post

How's your adderall prescription renewal going? Must be horrible, yikes.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Played in a few leagues with various team registration fees, and I’ve never played in one that kept stats. The only league I can think of was high school. I coached a few kid’s games when I was in hs/ college, and there were a few times kids would have their buddies on the bench keep stats that were always extremely exaggerated, but even those 12 year olds know it’s cringe. When I would look their direction while they were talking about “their stats”, they would get quiet and embarrassed. You see the coach look back at you with a chuckle shaking his head. But hey as long as they’re having fun and the benchrider can actually participate and feel like part of the team, I guess.

The blocks seem off though. Usually in league and pickup games you get a nasty block on someone or block them twice in a row they just stop shooting. And points? I’d be lying if I said I didn’t keep a mental note of how many I scored. Everyone does, sometimes you stop a pickup game just to troll ppl who say they don’t. “Hey check ball, what’s the score again.” “Uhhh well I have 4”… “I have 5”….

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I wasnt around for that one in the op but ive seen it talked about since i have been here

The most memorable one for me was a poster catzhernandez joined right around the same time I found this place. He was a regular poster and then just disappeared. Years later he comes back and tells a story about serving a prison term. From the way he posted he never stood out as the kind of guy messing around in things that would put him in prison. He's not a worse dude for it... just caught me by total surprise.

One of the funniest things that happened on ish thats all but forgotten about now because so many of the posters from that time left was dooms identity obscured in an nba photo because a player's hand ended up covering his face in the front row from that camera angle

Is there anyway to recover some of the posts from that 6/24 poster? He was legitimately the funniest dude I've seen on here.