Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Exclamation ESPN Insider Accuses LeBron James Of Using Performance Enhancers

ESPN Insider Accuses LeBron James Of Using Performance Enhancers

"Other basketball players will hear about what LeBron does and go, 'That doesn't matter.' If you knew what these performance enhancers did, you'd know it does matter. We have the same drug guy, I know exactly what he's doing," Sonnen claimed.

"EPO [Erythropoietin] matters, it's the reason LeBron takes it. It matters. EPO increases your red blood cells, which gives you the endurance to play all game long... It's the king of performance enhancers. EPO is king to everything. That's why cyclists do it."

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Insider Accuses LeBron James Of Using Performance Enhancers

This is more serious than previous allegations because Sonnen is saying they have the same drug guy and mentions a specific drug. If he is making this up James can sue him for libel.

NBA rookie of the year

Seems like he is pointing to an EPO stack specifically. Makes sense, it would probably help you in terms of longevity.

Jokic Stan

MJ and Kobe had performance enhancers too...so do random scrubs in the NBA. Even "illegal surgeries" happen. It really doesn't matter.

Curious to see if any "facts" come out of this.

No shit. Everyone in basketball and soccer is on EPO or an equivalent. The dumb retards like that guy who keeps posting LeBron pics(forget the name) think he's on d-bol or someshit. It ain't 1985 bros.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    MJ and Kobe had performance enhancers too...so do random scrubs in the NBA. Even "illegal surgeries" happen. It really doesn't matter.

Curious to see if any "facts" come out of this.
    I don't think MJ really did, I think he just adjusted his game (clear as day) as he got older to rely more on conserving energy and not dunking as much and utilizing post jumpers. If he was abusing effective PEDs, that probably shouldn't have been necessary.

I'm not as sure about Kobe.

If a player is basically playing the same exact style into their mid-late 30s as they were 10 years prior ... that's probably a red flag for PED usage.

Good High School Starter

He's not an "ESPN Insider."

He's a former UFC fighter. And he's probably right and probably telling the truth about having the same drug supplier.

There's no way that LeBron isn't on something, along with most of the NBA. It's just something that nobody wants to talk about. There have been multiple top 10/top 20 all time NBA players that have been on PEDs. LeBron is just one of the most obvious because on top of the doping, he's incredibly genetically gifted. At 17 years old he already had an NBA body, and I'm sure he wasn't doping at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I don't think MJ really did, I think he just adjusted his game (clear as day) as he got older to rely more on conserving energy and not dunking as much. If was abusing effective PEDs, that probably shouldn't have been necessary.

Agreed. Hyper competitive cut-throat psychopaths like MJ never cut corners and always abide ethically and honorably.

Relative of mine with ESRD takes weekly Darbepoetin (an Erythropoietin analogue) so he doesn't get too anemic. He misses one or two doses he can't even do some brisk walking.

It doesn't matter who did or didn't do it, this is pretty damning if true, though sadly not surprising (and I'm not strictly pointing the finger at LeBron here).

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Agreed. Hyper competitive cut-throat psychopaths like MJ never cut corners and always abide ethically and honorably.
    Counterpoint to that would be his competitive ego is big enough that he feels he doesn't need that extra stuff to do it. Clearly post '95 Jordan is a different player to 85-93 Jordan, he adjusted his game to pace himself. When you see players performing without having to do that into their 30s ... that's probably when you know something is up.

I also think basketball in the 90s was kinda behind the curve of PED usage. Baseball was ahead of the curve, football too, basketball and hockey were behind it.

Basketball in the 90s wasn't even that far removed from a time when even just lifting weights wasn't really a pre-requisite thing.

Good High School Starter

Also, it's worth noting, this guy hates LeBron James for whatever reason. And he has a history dating back a decade in doing so. And he has a history of saying controversial things for attention. His entire UFC career was just that.

Doesn't mean LeBron isn't doping. I'm sure he is. Just worth noting though.

2013 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLpAvaGu8A - "If [LeBron] comes tonight, I'm going to beat his ass and I'm going to put pictures of it on twitter. I'm telling you this now for the lawsuit. He has been warned. I would have beat his ass in the last show if I could have got to him, and he knows what he did. Ask him."

2018 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXI2fo9Pls - "LeBron James is coming to Portland to be a Trailblazer. And I get a call at 3 am from the GM. I'm a night owl but I'm up till 3... I get a call at 3 am from the GM that puts me on blast for blabbing that information."

Honestly this guy seems like a deranged InsideHoops LeBron poster.

Wait. Chael Sonnen said this? Non-story then. I was hoping for something actually joosy.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

I figured 99% of pro athletes, and even a ton of collegiate athletes were on several peds at a time these days. It'd be more of a story if someone was swearing up and down Lebron wasn't on something.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I don't think MJ really did, I think he just adjusted his game (clear as day) as he got older to rely more on conserving energy and not dunking as much and utilizing post jumpers. If he was abusing effective PEDs, that probably shouldn't have been necessary.

If a player is basically playing the same exact style into their mid-late 30s as they were 10 years prior ... that's probably a red flag for PED usage.
    Bingo. Actual facts. Mike was late to even weight training. that’s all natural. Like Ken Griffey Jr. I think Kobe was on it. That sudden rampant 15-18 pure muscle weight gain from late summer 2002 into the 2002-2003 training camp. He did it again post 2004 headed into the 2004-2005 season. And I think he was experimenting with stuff post 2010 through 2013. The experimental knee stuff in Germany. But his body musculature would change randomly a lot through out his career if you paid attention.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD View Post
    ESPN Insider Accuses LeBron James Of Using Performance Enhancers

"Other basketball players will hear about what LeBron does and go, 'That doesn't matter.' If you knew what these performance enhancers did, you'd know it does matter. We have the same drug guy, I know exactly what he's doing," Sonnen claimed.

"EPO [Erythropoietin] matters, it's the reason LeBron takes it. It matters. EPO increases your red blood cells, which gives you the endurance to play all game long... It's the king of performance enhancers. EPO is king to everything. That's why cyclists do it."