Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Exclamation Joel Embiid officially listed by vegas as the favorite to win MVP

Odds went from +400 yesterday(2nd) to +115 (1st) after the Cavs game. 1st time someone new has been favorited since November

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: Joel Embiid officially listed by vegas as the favorite to win MVP

I still don't buy it, voters will do anything to bring him down. The hype is just setting him up for a bigger fall.

There is no way in hell Bill Simmons and his goons will let Jojo get the MVP.

He has bigger fish to fry. Gotta stay focused, do his best to stay healthy cause the real goal is after April.

No matter what they say he is the best scorer and the best two way player in the world, nobody can really argue with that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Vegas must have looked at my thread from yesterday.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 03-16-2023 at 12:42 AM.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    I still don't buy it, voters will do anything to bring him down. The hype is just setting him up for a bigger fall.

There is no way in hell Bill Simmons and his goons will let Jojo get the MVP.

He has bigger fish to fry. Gotta stay focused, do his best to stay healthy cause the real goal is after April.

No matter what they say he is the best scorer and the best two way player in the world, nobody can really argue with that.
    With jokic falling. Wouldn’t be shocked if they gave it to Giannis out of spite.

NBA Superstar

He’s that dude right now for sure. I’d vote for him.

I know the numbers don’t do it justice but Mobley played him pretty well tonight too. Especially in the 4th. Dude kept making shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    With jokic falling. Wouldn’t be shocked if they gave it to Giannis out of spite.

Yeah I see the exact same thing happening.

Simmons is damned pissed off his boy Tatum is virtually out of the race now.

He HATES Joel, no way in hell he would ever let the award slip into Joel's hands instead of Tatum. Don't ever underestimate Bill Simmons' power and influence.

That being said I still believe Joker has it in the bag. Most of the voters want him to have it and want to be the ones to prove "voter fatigue" doesn't exist and be apart of history by being the ones responsible for giving him 3 straight MVP's.

Just listening to people like Zach Lowe and Kevin O'Connor (another Simmons' goon). They are holding firm and not changing their mind, no way, no how.

National High School Star

Big wiggle alert!! Big wiggle alert!!!

I have thought all along that the MVP isn't decided. IMO Giannis is in 3rd for two reasons. First he has missed 15 games, the most of the 3 and more than any MVP this century. Also his shooting has been off, even by his low standards, from the foul line, midrange and from 3.

Embiid has a legit shot but he can't miss any more games. He has missed 13 which is too many already. However i do think that voters want to vote for him since he has been 2nd twice and the other two guys have won twice.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I still don't buy it, voters will do anything to bring him down.
    I think you think other people care more than they do about if Embiid gets an mvp or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I think you think other people care more than they do about if Embiid gets an mvp or not.
    Maybe, possibly I am.

But it is a fact Bill Simmons hates Embiid and Embiid has stated publicly that Simmons shouldn't have a vote.

Morey even called Simmons out about his influence in the All-Star starter snub this year.

No way the most powerful man in sports podcast history is going to vote for Joel. That has to be pretty damn obvious.

I guess we just wait and see how this plays out... again.

I wouldn't be putting my money on Joel to win the award.

Giannis shouldn't even be in the conversation, the guy has missed far too many games.

so when does the jokic should give back his first two mvp campaign start

since he obviously can't play defense

because nick wright and some smear campaign clips said so

when his coach

who being an nba coach probably doesn't know anything about basketball

thinks he's good and deserved all defense consideration last year

but let's say his defense slipped a bit this year

so then it's like last year when people said well gobert is the best defender in the league

but he's not as good as he was the year before

and smart sure is complaining a lot about not winning

so let's give it to him

and i'm supposed to take any of this seriously

here's perkins on twitter

"F those advanced stats and that plus/minus BS!!!"

yet denver's coach says he likes analytics

i see people saying on twitter "ban advanced stats"

as if their opinion based on block stats or a faulty eye test is bulletproof

when i can find an article in usa today

the most widely circulated newspaper in the us

referencing reddit videos of jokic being bad at defense

you know the discourse has hit an all time low and this world is doomed