Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default I almost fell for the fraud..I'm changing my picks.. Lakers will win West

2-way capability with the most dominant players (AD/Lebron) and the most GOOD players (D-Lo, Reeves, Schroeder, Beasley, Vanderbilt, Walker, Hachimura) - a talented player like Hachimura is buried because the team is so stacked.

So I'm not falling for it although I almost did - Lakers are a HEAVY favorite to win the West - Joker has Jamal Murray and Lebron has A mf'ing D and D-Lo and the most "others" I've ever seen

The league and media worked ALL YEAR to put this insanely talented team together.. So carry on the fraud but I will NOT be a victim of it
    Last edited by 3ba11; 03-24-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Default Re: I almost fell for the fraud..I'm changing my picks.. Lakers will win West

Itching for anoner ban I see.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: I almost fell for the fraud..I'm changing my picks.. Lakers will win West

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Itching for anoner ban I see.

You think this is ban-worthy?

I'm not trolling even 1% with this thread and it isn't really a Lebron-hating thread.. It's legitimately pointing out how stacked his team is and changing my pick accordingly.

Why would Jokic be expected to beat AD with crappier teammates? Why would Jokic/Murray be expected to beat AD/Lebron/D-Lo and their superior "others" and better defensive capacity?.. Heck, D-Lo > Murray

Again, the league worked really hard to stack his team and now look at them
    Last edited by 3ba11; 03-24-2023 at 01:11 PM.

NBA Superstar

Hachimura was a bench player getting the same minutes on the wizards 2 months ago.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Hachimura was a bench player getting the same minutes on the wizards 2 months ago.

His PPG and FGA are down 30-40% and his assists (hold-time) down 50%

And his minutes have fallen off as this new Laker team gets their chemistry and lineups down.. He doesn't play much now

Hachimura is behind far better players in LA than Wash

Op has been predicting/expressing his worst nightmares on the net for a decade solid now. Thought maybe there was a therapeutic aspect to it but from this far away can't tell if it's that or if this guy's just a deranged idiot. Either way it has been sometimes mildly, sometimes extremely entertaining to watch him squirm as Lebron has excelled. His prediction coming true would be great just for the meltdown afterwards.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    His PPG and FGA are down 30-40% and his assists (hold-time) down 50%

And his minutes have fallen off as this new Laker team gets their chemistry and lineups down.. He doesn't play much now

Hachimura is behind far better players in LA
    I mean yea...the Lakers have more talent than the wizards. So stacked..

Although Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma traded missing games which helps a bench player get more shots/hold time. Being a bench guy yourself I’m sure you’re aware of all that.

I actually like him a lot but he has huge holes in his game. On a great team a guy like him isn’t getting significant minutes. Or even a lottery team.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    squirm as Lebron has excelled.

Lebron was lottery in 2019 with Ingram/Kuzna, so he's a failure in the West

And yes I'm aware that AD lifted the Lakers from lottery to champion in 2020 by turning the defense from worst to first and leading the Lakers in scoring for RS & PO... And he destroyed Joker to make Finals just like he will this year

Btw, the only squirming I do is because the media misrepresents and overrates Lebron, not because he excels because he doesn't to the degree you think or claim
    Last edited by 3ba11; 03-24-2023 at 01:26 PM.

Lebron was lottery in 2019 with Ingram/Kuzna, so he's a failure in the West

And yes I'm aware that AD lifted the Lakers from lottery to champion in 2020 by turning the defense from worst to first and leading the Lakers in scoring for RS & PO... And he destroyed Joker to make Finals just like he will this year

Btw, the only squirming I do is because the media misrepresents and overrates Lebron
    He's won an chip and fmvp in the west since he's been there. Hardly anything to call a failure....

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    Op has been predicting/expressing his worst nightmares on the net for a decade solid now. Thought maybe there was a therapeutic aspect to it but from this far away can't tell if it's that or if this guy's just a deranged idiot. Either way it has been sometimes mildly, sometimes extremely entertaining to watch him squirm as Lebron has excelled. His prediction coming true would be great just for the meltdown afterwards.
    The sad thing is OP probably actually believes he's being subtle with this thread, when it's beyond obvious to anyone he's just hedging his bets like the giant pusssy that he is

If LeBron helps take a team that's been the 11th seed all season to the Finals, at 38 years old: "See, I called it, his team is stacked!"

If the Lakers lose before the Finals, especially early, even if they're the 8th seed: "I can't believe he couldn't lead THIS team to the Finals, what a fraud."

He ain't fooling anybody

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    The sad thing is OP probably actually believes he's being subtle with this thread, when it's beyond obvious to anyone he's just hedging his bets like the giant pusssy that he is

If LeBron helps take a team that's been the 11th seed all season to the Finals, at 38 years old: "See, I called it, his team is stacked!"

If the Lakers lose before the Finals, especially early, even if they're the 8th seed: "I can't believe he couldn't lead THIS team to the Finals, what a fraud."

He ain't fooling anybody lol.

If Lebron makes the Finals from the West, he won't be "leading" anything - it will be AD dominating Joker just like 2020.

And yeah, making the Finals as the 2nd option would deserve ridicule in comparison to the GOAT standard and would expose him as doing less to win just like 2020 did, or the 2013 run (when only 25 ppg won East and Finals).

But it's funny that you think adding all-star D-Lo, Hachimura, Beasley, Vanderbilt and surging Reaves isn't unfair compared to Joker orJa toiling away trying to win the right way (organically... developing teammates, chemistry and brand)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

no bubble and they are running out of games even to get into a win or go home game. Good luck with that prediction

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    no bubble and they are running out of games even to get into a win or go home game. Good luck with that prediction

If 1 team is far more stacked than everyone then they should win

No other team has the top talent that the Lakers have or the "others"..... and nearly every team is in flux with injuries, bad chemistry, inexperience or bad record - only a few games separate everyone and it's wide open

The way the media basically talked a team transformation into existence and that makes things weird - my 1st instinct was to go with the long-standing chemistry like Denver or Memphis
    Last edited by 3ba11; 03-24-2023 at 01:39 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

If 1 team is far more stacked than everyone then they should win

No other team has the top talent that the Lakers have or the "others" and nearly every team is in flux with injuries, bad chemistry, inexperience or bad record - only a few games separate everyone and it's wide open
    a team that has sucked the past two years and whose top two players can't stay on the floor without a bubble and an extra off season aren't in the conversation

If Lebron makes the Finals from the West, he won't be "leading" anything - it will be AD dominating Joker just like 2020.

And yeah, making the Finals as the 2nd option would deserve ridicule in comparison to the GOAT standard and would expose him as doing less to win just like 2020 did, or the 2013 run (when only 25 ppg won East and Finals).

But it's funny that you think adding all-star D-Lo, Hachimura, Beasley, Vanderbilt and surging Reaves isn't unfair compared to Joker orJa toiling away trying to win the right way (organically... developing teammates, chemistry and brand)
    Winning the title as 2nd option deserves ridicule yet the guy who did that more times than he lead a team to the title is your 2nd best player ever. Interdasting.