Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who are the top 10 players in the nba (no order so no agenda is needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    You are completely ignoring the large number of games James had missed. The Lakers are basically trying to make the playoffs without him. I guarantee you don't know any of the math behind the advanced stats that you're quoting and if LA had JB instead of James they would be in 6th place or better.
    Brown isn’t a first option so I doubt it. Tatum is quite a bit better and the Celtics have the best role players in the league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Who are the top 10 players in the nba (no order so no agenda is needed)

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    He might be a better defender, but he's a significantly worse offensive player and the difference in defense doesn't make up for it. LeBron has him beat at literally almost everything. Basic and advanced stats.

LeBron - 29.5 PPG 8.1 RPG 6.9 APG 1.3 SPG 1.1 BPG on 58.3% TS%

Jaylen - 26.7 PPG 6.9 RPG 3.4 APG 1.1 SPG 0.4 BPG on 58.6% TS%

Basic stats, the only thing Brown has on LeBron is a 0.3% advantage in efficiency.

Advanced Stats

LeBron - 3.0 OWS 2.1 DWS 5.0 WS .143 WS/48 5.6 OBPM 0.7 DBPM 6.3 BPM 3.5 VORP +7.5 On/Off 111 ORtg 112 DRtg

Jaylen - 1.9 OWS 3.1 DWS 4.9 WS .106 WS/48 1.8 OBPM -0.2 DBPM 1.6 BPM 2.0 VORP -3.0 On/Off 115 ORtg 113 DRtg

Again, the only thing that Brown has over LeBron is DWS.

As for RPM, LeBron is 4th in the league at 7.68. Brown is 44th with 3.97.

LeBron - 4.75 ORPM 2.94 DRPM 7.68 RPM with 13.89 wins

Brown - 2.11 ORPM 1.86 DRPM 3.97 RPM with 11.86 wins

Looking at NBA's tracking stats, Jaylen Brown has been defending 12.6 shots a game and players are scoring at 47.3%, compared to 47.7% on all other defenders, making him a net positive by 0.4%.

LeBron has been defending 11.9 shots a game and players shoot 46.8% on those shots, compared to 48.7 on all other defenders, making him a net positive by 1.9%. Lets also not forget that Brown plays with significantly better defensive help.

Jaylen Brown is not a better player than LeBron. In the 50 or so games LeBron played this season, he's quite easily been a top 10 player. Jaylen Brown? Nope. Stop it.

Bojan and Donovan played more games than Gobert last season. I'm assuming you have them ahead of him? How about in 2018 when Donovan played 81 games and Gobert played 56?
    Gobert played 62 games which Lebron hasn't approached in 3 seasons and very unlikely that he ever will again. Davis hasn't hit that number in the same amount of years. Mitchell and Bojan aren't in the conversation. When your team is worse with you on the court than off you aren't even worth discussing. Lebron is still a positive when he plays at least. His team has sucked. Not sure how he's in the conversation. Legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    You're an idiot you're using a stat that you don't have a half clue what it actually means
    the latest stat that you loved until it didn't support your trolling. Naz -6.6

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    the latest stat that you loved until it didn't support your trolling. Naz -6.6
    Literally never used that stat because I know it should be taken with a grain of salt, why lie

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Literally never used that stat because I know it should be taken with a grain of salt, why lie
    but +/- is better!

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Brown isn’t a first option so I doubt it. Tatum is quite a bit better and the Celtics have the best role players in the league.
    One of things that makes the Celtics great is they have two guys that can play the go to role. JB is averaging 27 on 49%. The games he's played with it Tatum he's still doing good numbers. He wouldn't make the Lakers a contender but they would be above .500. James is going to miss something like 25 games by the end of the season. That hurts.

He might be a better defender, but he's a significantly worse offensive player and the difference in defense doesn't make up for it. LeBron has him beat at literally almost everything. Basic and advanced stats.

LeBron - 29.5 PPG 8.1 RPG 6.9 APG 1.3 SPG 1.1 BPG on 58.3% TS%

Jaylen - 26.7 PPG 6.9 RPG 3.4 APG 1.1 SPG 0.4 BPG on 58.6% TS%

Basic stats, the only thing Brown has on LeBron is a 0.3% advantage in efficiency.

Advanced Stats

LeBron - 3.0 OWS 2.1 DWS 5.0 WS .143 WS/48 5.6 OBPM 0.7 DBPM 6.3 BPM 3.5 VORP +7.5 On/Off 111 ORtg 112 DRtg

Jaylen - 1.9 OWS 3.1 DWS 4.9 WS .106 WS/48 1.8 OBPM -0.2 DBPM 1.6 BPM 2.0 VORP -3.0 On/Off 115 ORtg 113 DRtg

Again, the only thing that Brown has over LeBron is DWS.

As for RPM, LeBron is 4th in the league at 7.68. Brown is 44th with 3.97.

LeBron - 4.75 ORPM 2.94 DRPM 7.68 RPM with 13.89 wins

Brown - 2.11 ORPM 1.86 DRPM 3.97 RPM with 11.86 wins

Looking at NBA's tracking stats, Jaylen Brown has been defending 12.6 shots a game and players are scoring at 47.3%, compared to 47.7% on all other defenders, making him a net positive by 0.4%.

LeBron has been defending 11.9 shots a game and players shoot 46.8% on those shots, compared to 48.7 on all other defenders, making him a net positive by 1.9%. Lets also not forget that Brown plays with significantly better defensive help.

Jaylen Brown is not a better player than LeBron. In the 50 or so games LeBron played this season, he's quite easily been a top 10 player. Jaylen Brown? Nope. Stop it.

Bojan and Donavan played more games than Gobert last season. I'm assuming you have them ahead of him?
    I wouldn't say quite easily. He had a great stretch after his Bday but he's also become a terrible volume 3PT shooter who doesn't get to the line on a consistent basis. The FG% on D doesn't tell us much without context (how many 3s defended, defensive assignments etc), Lebron has AD who's been covering up for the Lakers' poor perimeter defense all season and the Lakers have a top 10 defense right now so there isn't that big of a gap. Bran has been saving his legs for offense for years now and constantly leaves guys open from 3 as he's slow to close out on shooters (doesn't even try at times with his man shooting wide open corner 3s) but his rebounding numbers make his D look better than it really is, kind of like what you're used to seeing from WB with him leaving his man early to get the board.

It's not that insane to take Jaylen Brown over Bran this season tbh, you'd rather vote Jaylen for All-NBA over Bran considering team success & games played. Jaylen's also gotten better as the season's progressed with 28/6/4 averages on ~60%TS in March as he's helped keep Boston afloat so I could definitely see an argument for him. Bran's raw numbers are better no doubt but I'd rather have Jaylen at this point.

You are completely ignoring the large number of games James had missed. The Lakers are basically trying to make the playoffs without him. I guarantee you don't know any of the math behind the advanced stats that you're quoting and if LA had JB instead of James they would be in 6th place or better.
    You are completely ignoring the large number of metrics available which show that LeBron is a much better player than Brown. I guarantee that you do not really know what you're talking about and you're just resorting to generic troll responses. As for me understanding the metrics, I understand them better than you understand basketball. At least judging by your previous few replies.

As for the bolded...

Did your account get hacked or something? You were never this moronic.

The Celtics are 9-3 without Brown. That's a 62 win pace. 42-20 with him, which is a 55 win pace.

I'd take Brown. He will be on the floor playing both ends of it. Guys like Lebron and Davis can't be counted on

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

The Celtics are 9-3 without Brown. That's a 62 win pace. 42-20 with him, which is a 55 win pace.
    Not to mention there was a long stretch when AD was injured where LeBron by himself was keeping the Lakers season alive, Brown in that situation would have faltered, simply not at that level.

You are completely ignoring the large number of metrics available which show that LeBron is a much better player than Brown. I guarantee that you do not really know what you're talking about and you're just resorting to generic troll responses. As for me understanding the metrics, I understand them better than you understand basketball. At least judging by your previous few replies.

As for the bolded...

Did your account get hacked or something? You were never this moronic.

Yeah you don't know the advanced stats you try to discusses at all. Which is why you just cite them but don't talk about what they mean. Celtics have a good record with and without Brown because they have developed a good team. Instead of just attacking me try making a point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Not to mention there was a long stretch when AD was injured where LeBron by himself was keeping the Lakers season alive, Brown in that situation would have faltered, simply not at that level.
    When James got injured LA was 12th and had a losing record. Now having played several games without him they are 8th and .500. Does this mean that they're better without him?

When James got injured LA was 12th and had a losing record. Now having played several games without him they are 8th and .500. Does this mean that they're better without him?
    They are 24-23 when he plays and most of that was with a much worse roster. This is awful trolling.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

They have a winning record when he plays, they were 3-0 when he played after the Westbrook trade. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    They are 24-23 when he plays and most of that was with a much worse roster. This is awful trolling.
    So the difference in the roster matter s for the past record without James but not the present? Because since they got D'Angelo Russell that kind of logic applies to James. You say it's stupid telling when I post it but I am just applying the same kind of thinking your James stans did to Brown record with Celtics. It isn't stupid when they do it?