Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: School Shooting. Red State. Christian School.

guns are only part of the equation. guns or no guns, people find a way to kill. guns are just convenient. stricter gun laws may prolong a premeditated shooting or force the shooter to go another route to kill people, but ultimately they're gonna get the job done. bombs, vehicles, whatever.

unfortunately, this is ingrained into our culture at this point. i wonder how many potential shooters there are right now who saw this shooting on the news and are contemplating their chance. it doesn't take much for someone who's 'had it up to here' to snap.

The answer as always is better mental health care. There are other countries that haven’t banned guns that don’t have the problem the US does with shootings so guns being legal isn’t the cause. Additionally, banning guns for everyone besides law enforcement makes a fascist takeover very easy

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    The answer as always is better mental health care. There are other countries that haven’t banned guns that don’t have the problem the US does with shootings so guns being legal isn’t the cause. Additionally, banning guns for everyone besides law enforcement makes a fascist takeover very easy
    republicans don't want to propose any sort of universal hc program and to be fair, neither do dems.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Well said, RRR3.

(things you thought I would never say)

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Other countries have mental health care issues but they do not come close to the gun related violence in 'Murica.

The problem is the all too easy access to guns.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

And the Republicans non-response?

Calls for a Christian revival.

This shooting took place in a Christian school.

Where was Jesus?

On a cigarette break?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    And the Republicans non-response?

Calls for a Christian revival.

This shooting took place in a Christian school.

Where was Jesus?

On a cigarette break?

What in God's name are you babbling about??

Quote Originally Posted by Gruppenführer View Post
    What in God's name are you babbling about??
    this guy throws everything against the wall and hopes something sticks. When it sticks, he has jasper, blade, axe, retard3, off the hinge defend his point

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The usual non-argument from the dumb anti-gun crowd.

Explain to us what stricter gun laws is. What does "stricter gun laws" mean to you? It's comical how you say it's obvious stricter gun laws would significantly lower the rate of these shootings, but Neanderthals such as yourself never truly explain what that is. Just another buzz word or buzz phrase to spout so you can feel like you're doing something about it.
    You realize homicide rates are higher in states with weaker gun laws right genius?

Oof, this ape now CAPITALIZED the word STRICTER so we can all know that he means business. But again, this is such an empty statement without meaning.

But of course we know exactly what Salty Bitchballs is talking about. He's talking about a gun ban. This clown ain't fooling anyone.
    Please show me where I implied banning all guns because I explicitly said I don't support banning all guns. You'd be a complete dumb **** to think that having stricter gun laws wouldn't lower the rate of mass shootings.

And the fact that you sound like you care more about guns than the possibility of reducing the deaths of innocent people shows what kind of shitty person you really are. But then again, im not really surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    You realize homicide rates are higher in states with weaker gun laws right genius?
    What weaker gun laws? Do you even know what the gun laws are from state to state? It's almost impossible to obtain a gun in Chicago and New York, but yet gun crime is up since 2019.

Last time I checked, murder was still illegal. Shooting someone was still illegal. Robbing someone with a gun was still illegal.

Again, if you can't differentiate between weaker and stricter laws, then you shouldn't be talking about the subject at hand.

What weaker gun laws? Do you even know what the gun laws are from state to state? It's almost impossible to obtain a gun in Chicago and New York, but yet gun crime is up since 2019.

Last time I checked, murder was still illegal. Shooting someone was still illegal. Robbing someone with a gun was still illegal.

Again, if you can't differentiate between weaker and stricter laws, then you shouldn't be talking about the subject at hand.
    Yeah no shit its all illegal. The problem is that people who clearly have issues and/or are too young have easy access to owning a gun. The Robb Elementary school shooter from last year was 18. There's no way in hell that an 18 year old should have a gun

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Conservatives: "restrictions do nothing"

So why not make full auto everything and hand grenades legal to anyone over age 8? It's because it would result in MORE deaths than we currently have now obviously. The more we adjust the slider, the less deaths. Currently our slider is in the "retardedly too easy to acquire firearms" section in bright red. We need to move it over to the middle more.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Amount of mass shootings in developed countries ^

You have to be mentally disabled to look at these graphs and then conclude that gun legality means nothing.

Please show me where I implied banning all guns because I explicitly said I don't support banning all guns. You'd be a complete dumb **** to think that having stricter gun laws wouldn't lower the rate of mass shootings.

And the fact that you sound like you care more about guns than the possibility of reducing the deaths of innocent people shows what kind of shitty person you really are. But then again, im not really surprised
    And yet you double down again by using the word "stricter" for like the 100th time in this thread. What does "stricter gun laws" look like to you? Again, with the laws that are currently in place, what else can be changed? I'm clowning on you cause I don't think you fully understand the scope of what you're talking about. You make wild accusations and assumptions and the only thing people like me ask of you, is to be more specific. Otherwise, please let the grown ups discuss what are the causes and solutions to gun violence.