Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 LastLast

Thread: Baseball

Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Yankees putting the mitts on the Astros to open the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Glad to see NYM retiring Doc Gooden's number. Ceremony is April 14th.

That kid was a bad motherfukker when he broke in.
    If you call Dwight Gooden a kid you must be in your 70s, pops.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Mets 0-4

I have been saying since the end of last season that the Braves needed at least two big SP signings. And here we are.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I have been saying since the end of last season that the Braves needed at least two big SP signings. And here we are.
    Assuming the worst, it’ll suck not getting the watch him pitch.

But the benefit of having a stacked team is that we can afford this and not really drop off.

Something has to be done about all these injuries. Enough chasing velocity at the cost of all else. Enough. It’s unnatural. If you can’t throw hard easily sacrificing your career to do it for a year is so lame. ****ing sick of it. Literally every good pitcher is basically Mark Prior now. We’re never gonna get a HOF starter again at this rate.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Something has to be done about all these injuries. Enough chasing velocity at the cost of all else. Enough. It’s unnatural. If you can’t throw hard easily sacrificing your career to do it for a year is so lame. ****ing sick of it. Literally every good pitcher is basically Mark Prior now. We’re never gonna get a HOF starter again at this rate.
    I don't know if there's a single guy under 30 right now where you can say, yea he's probably going to be a HOFer. The closest would probably be Corbin Burnes, who has been HOF level the last few years but has a long way to go.

The only sure-fire guys in general are Kershaw, Verlander, and Scherzer. deGrom had the incredible peak but longevity may hurt him. I'd have him in personally.

If Gerrit Cole keeps this level up for another few years then he'll have a good case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I don't know if there's a single guy under 30 right now where you can say, yea he's probably going to be a HOFer. The closest would probably be Corbin Burnes, who has been HOF level the last few years but has a long way to go.

The only sure-fire guys in general are Kershaw, Verlander, and Scherzer. deGrom had the incredible peak but longevity may hurt him. I'd have him in personally.

If Gerrit Cole keeps this level up for another few years then he'll have a good case as well.
    There are so many guys who need to be in the HOF if deGrom goes in unless he adds to his career.

And yeah exactly obviously the old guys who started in a previous era like JV will make it. I think Cole probably will unless he gets ****ed by injuries. After Cole tho? Ehhhhh
    Last edited by RRR3; 04-06-2024 at 02:59 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    There are so many guys who need to be in the HOF if deGrom goes in unless he adds to his career.

And yeah exactly obviously the old guys who started in a previous era like JV will make it. I think Cole probably will unless he gets ****ed by injuries. After Cole tho? Ehhhhh
    DeGrom is an interesting case. When he was healthy and at his peak he is on a very short list of best pitchers I’ve ever seen. And it wasn’t like it was just one year, it was a few.

Of course the longevity isn’t there really but goddamn was he incredible.

NBA Superstar

Back to back big comebacks from the Braves. Down 5-2 in the 8th on Friday and down 8–2 in the 6th last night.

This offense is unbelievably loaded. Gotta be terrifying for opponents knowing no lead is safe.

HAPPY TRAILS, Stephen Strasburg!!

The Washington Nationals Ace that, after some rough years, won it all for the Nats in 2019 along with World Series MVP as the first pitcher in MLB history to record 5-0 in a single postseason!

O's is calling up Jackson Holliday, a super hyped prospect and son of Matt Holliday.

I'll tell you this much, Acuña is not repeating as MVP this year that's for sure.

Got shelled again by the Mets today.

Brewers 10-3 so far and lookin to sweep Baltimore tomorrow. 8 of the 13 they've played have been on the road and all have been wins.

The 2021 White Sox were 93-69 and many analysts were calling them World Series contenders for the next few years. It's 2024 and it's an absolute clusterfukk Worst Sox team I've ever seen with zero hope in the near future. It all went to hell fast with a bunch of injuries, promising players not reaching the next level, horrible FO moves and god awful decisions by owner Jerry Reinsdorf, probably the worst owner in all sports, next to the McCaskeys with the Bears of course...