Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball

NBA Superstar

Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Braves pitching really not getting it done lately. I know every team has stretches where either the pitching or hitting goes kaput for a minute but damn.

5 games out of the 3rd WC spot. Way to go get swept by the Jays, Boston.

But, hey, we're getting Chris Sale back Friday. .......

NBA Superstar

Acuna hit with 97 on the elbow on the first pitch of the at bat and has to come out. I understand that throwing inside to him is the only option because he’ll kill your otherwise but it’s getting pretty ridiculous. He has to bail out from a ball coming at his head almost every game.

We’re going to have to make people pay for that sooner or later because it gets kind of dangerous.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...7182d02b8&ei=7

31 swings without hitting the ball ...

NBA Superstar

That’s a big boy win by the Braves last night. Loved the fight.

I think we’re about to go on a run here. About time.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Heard today on the radio the Angels might dump Nevin and Minasian. Hope its not true. The aggressive promotion of prospects really filled a lot of holes in the roster. Like to see Nevin get some more time rather than keep churning through managers.

Mariners series was a tale of two teams going different directions. Angels season all but over and the M's playing as good of baseball as anyone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Braves pitching really not getting it done lately. I know every team has stretches where either the pitching or hitting goes kaput for a minute but damn.
    I still don't understand why AA stood pat on acquiring a starting pitcher. Look at Lorenzen, a guy that we were rumored to be in on, just threw a no-hitter for the Phillies. A team that scares me going into the post-season. Meanwhile, we're throwing guys like Yonny Chirinos out there who is nothing more than a glorified middle reliever. Morton is all over the place, Strider is getting rocked cause they want him to continuously throw fastballs, and Elder is who I thought he was, a AAAA pitcher. Thankfully Fried is back and looks good, but waiting for Morton, Strider, and Elder to bounce back while having this pipe dream that Wright will come back and be effective is somewhat deflating. As it stands right now, I hope to God we don't face the Phillies in the playoffs.

I think the plan for AA and company is to keep Soroka down in Triple A until after mid-September cause of his contract, then they bring him up. Wright will also be activated at that time, and when the playoffs roll around, I can see the three starter rotation being Strider, Fried, and Morton. Elder, Soroka, and Wright will go to the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Heard today on the radio the Angels might dump Nevin and Minasian. Hope its not true. The aggressive promotion of prospects really filled a lot of holes in the roster. Like to see Nevin get some more time rather than keep churning through managers.

Mariners series was a tale of two teams going different directions. Angels season all but over and the M's playing as good of baseball as anyone right now.
    Going 0-7 or 0-8 after the trade deadline is a death sentence for those two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I still don't understand why AA stood pat on acquiring a starting pitcher. Look at Lorenzen, a guy that we were rumored to be in on, just threw a no-hitter for the Phillies. A team that scares me going into the post-season. Meanwhile, we're throwing guys like Yonny Chirinos out there who is nothing more than a glorified middle reliever. Morton is all over the place, Strider is getting rocked cause they want him to continuously throw fastballs, and Elder is who I thought he was, a AAAA pitcher. Thankfully Fried is back and looks good, but waiting for Morton, Strider, and Elder to bounce back while having this pipe dream that Wright will come back and be effective is somewhat deflating. As it stands right now, I hope to God we don't face the Phillies in the playoffs.

I think the plan for AA and company is to keep Soroka down in Triple A until after mid-September cause of his contract, then they bring him up. Wright will also be activated at that time, and when the playoffs roll around, I can see the three starter rotation being Strider, Fried, and Morton. Elder, Soroka, and Wright will go to the bullpen.
    We? Abandoned New York have we?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    We? Abandoned New York have we?
    I have been a Braves fan longer than you've been alive, dummy. Pay attention.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Going 0-7 or 0-8 after the trade deadline is a death sentence for those two guys.
    This is what I get for laughing at the Mets all the time. Not so funny when it happens to me

Blue Jays is signing Jose Bautista for a one-day contract so he will retire as a Blue Jay. His name will be on the Level of Excellence as well.

Josh Donaldson and maybe Edwin Encarnacion maybe added soon.

Damn, Freddie is coming for that 2nd MVP trophy.

NBA Superstar

Damn, Freddie is coming for that 2nd MVP trophy.
    Olson coming hard too.

I would not give any of the Braves the MVP. Such a stacked lineup, they would keep winning at a .700 clip with or without acuna.