Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball

NBA Superstar

Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

The Braves are playing it a little too close for comfort against the Phils here. I wouldn’t care if it was literally any other team but we don’t need to give them confidence.

This may sound cocky but the Phillies are the only team I’m scared of in the playoffs. In either league.

Of course we could lose to anyone because it’s baseball but I’d feel good against literally anyone else. Dodgers, Astros, Rays..doesn’t matter. Don’t want to see Philly. They have a fvckery vibe that I’m not down for.

The Padres being so bad with their roster is so funny

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    The Padres being so bad with their roster is so funny
    Too many egos and no one on the same page. Happens every time.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Win number 199 for Waino. If he gets one more at least something good happened this season
    I logged in tonight just to share the stat I heard about with you

Wainwright went 0-10 with a brutal era... think it was 7 something...in between wins 198 and 199

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    I logged in tonight just to share the stat I heard about with you

Wainwright went 0-10 with a brutal era... think it was 7 something...in between wins 198 and 199
    Yeah he sucks now. Although he really only was at his best for 4 years (09-10 and 13-14) due to all the injuries he's had. Think he's a potential HOFer if he has better injury luck. Now he's nowhere close. Well he will make the Cardinals HOF at least that's something, but I really thought he'd have a much better career than he ended up having, although his career certainly was a good one.

Brewers P Freddy Peralta gives up a lead off HR on the 3rd pitch of the game, then proceeds to retire 19 of the next 20 batters.

Milwaukee wins 3-1, waiver pick up Josh Donaldson hits his 1st HR with his new team.

Marlins have scored 1 run in their last 18 innings.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    The Braves are playing it a little too close for comfort against the Phils here. I wouldn’t care if it was literally any other team but we don’t need to give them confidence.

This may sound cocky but the Phillies are the only team I’m scared of in the playoffs. In either league.

Of course we could lose to anyone because it’s baseball but I’d feel good against literally anyone else. Dodgers, Astros, Rays..doesn’t matter. Don’t want to see Philly. They have a fvckery vibe that I’m not down for.
    Same here. Phillies have been hot for a while now. Only team I think can match up to us. I do not want to meet them in the playoffs with our shaky ass pitching staff.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Brewers P Freddy Peralta gives up a lead off HR on the 3rd pitch of the game, then proceeds to retire 19 of the next 20 batters.

Milwaukee wins 3-1, waiver pick up Josh Donaldson hits his 1st HR with his new team.

Marlins have scored 1 run in their last 18 innings.
    I thought that was a great pickup. Their team have excelent bench coach's and even if he comes off the bench , he is a threat

Can't believe we beat the Braves and Orioles in series

Damn, Jays got swept by Rangers and now fall out of the wild card race. Shits can happen in Jays' favor but yeah.....

Orioles deciding to be bad at the worst time. Rays most likely taking the division.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

It's so odd that Ohtani kind of dropped off these last few weeks due to his injury, but he was already so far ahead of everyone else for MVP that it's still not close. The top players seem to be in the NL. But yeah, this might be a case where no other player gets any first place votes for MVP besides Ohtani and it's a unanimous decision. Seager has missed a lot of games this year, but if he can somehow miraculously get to 40 homeruns and keep his average above .340, then there might be a chance.

Brewers extend their lead to 5gms over the Cubs... trade deadline pick-up, Carlos Santana with multi-HR's along with W. Contreras' 3 run blast that originally tied it up.

Cubs were down 6-0 going into the 9th and made it interesting by going b2b2b only to lose 6-4

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

Diamondbacks are the team that catches my eye. Two horses at the front of their rotation, a budding superstar and a supporting cast of streaky hitters. They just feel like they are built for October.

To your point... Phillies are everything I just said about the Diamondbacks but better at it

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Diamondbacks are the team that catches my eye. Two horses at the front of their rotation, a budding superstar and a supporting cast of streaky hitters. They just feel like they are built for October.

To your point... Phillies are everything I just said about the Diamondbacks but better at it

Yea any well constructed or confident team can be scary in the playoffs. Not only are the Phillies what you described but Braves/Phils is personal.

If we end up matching with them in the postseason it will be the rowdiest series of any matchup that could be.