Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    They need more hitting. Not just from Rendon either. That lineup needs to be longer than 3 or 4 guys that can keep it moving.

This team is pitching rich though. Long enough on starting pitching they can absorb injuries and they have a few electric arms in the minors to add to the bullpen mid season.
    Their lineup is good they've just been atrocious at situational hitting this year... they've lost a ton of close winnable games because of it. Trout and Ohtani themselves have been awful and unclutch in those situations. Ohappe looks legit all-around and Neto is a young guy with promise. I'm glad they've shelved Rengifo... that dude is awful. I don't ever wanna see him as a consistent starter again. Renfroe started slow but has been really good. Their lineup is actually quite nice just haven't been situationaly good yet.

Yeah they have a solid starting group but a very unreliable bullpen that has blown several games. I'm excited for these young dudes to make the move up.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Their lineup is good they've just been atrocious at situational hitting this year... they've lost a ton of close winnable games because of it. Trout and Ohtani themselves have been awful and unclutch in those situations. Ohappe looks legit all-around and Neto is a young guy with promise. I'm glad they've shelved Rengifo... that dude is awful. I don't ever wanna see him as a consistent starter again. Renfroe started slow but has been really good. Their lineup is actually quite nice just haven't been situationaly good yet.

Yeah they have a solid starting group but a very unreliable bullpen that has blown several games. I'm excited for these young dudes to make the move up.
    Hard to admit this because I am such a big fan of the guy but you are on the money with Rengifo. He had a career year last season at the plate. He is still a useful piece to have filling in around the infield a couple times a week.

Renfroe has been a massive improvement over the Jupton experiment and giving Adell every chance in the world to prove he could stick. He moves the needle for this team.

Ward is what Ward is. He is streaky. I like him though. He is not the problem.

Drury and Urshela will probably even out. Gio probably cools off while Drury puts it together.

I do not have the same confidence in Lamb that I do for Drury.

Neto is making a difficult jump from AA to the majors but he always profiled as a fast mover because of his bat to ball skills. I like him.

I would like to see another hitter added. Someone athletic who brings a new dimension to the bench.

You probably know who Ben Joyce is but for everyone else reading this, he has an elite fb that's among the hardest ever recorded in professional baseball touching 105. The other rp to keep an eye out for is Sam Bachman. If Silseth ever develops command of that fastball, he is going to be a really good mlb pitcher. That is something that could be said about tons of prospects though.

I knew nothing about Minasian when he got here, but he has done an amazing job at building a team around the best 2 players in the game.

Nevin appears to be the right guy for the job. He has the team playing hard and together. Maddon mailed it in and Ausmus just doesn't inspire grown men to play hard for him.

Braves the best team in the NL but Mets only 1.5 games behind dunno about their pitching, their old farts are either injured or suspended

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

I also keep an eye on the Angels though they're not my team. My thoughts are that hitters can get hot and go on slumps. It's whatever. But in terms of hitting, things that probably aren't just slumps: Rendon is slugging 239. TWO THREE NINE. He'll be lucky to finish the season as a replacement level bat. You can pencil him for a groundout everytime. And it's looking like Ward might not be able to build on the promise he showed to start last season.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Spencer Strider. That's the post.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Vida Blue passed away this morning - 73

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...0c787017&ei=58

loved watching him ... super lefty for the A's

RIP

White Sox fire sale coming soon. I want Giolito on the Braves.

Or Dylan Cease.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Or Dylan Cease.
    Would love to bring him home but it would take a lot to get him here.

One big difference between the mets and braves is the braves dont really have anybodu in their rotation that is going to ruin their staff for a couple days with a 40 pitch inning. Verlander is the only pitcher the mets can rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Would love to bring him home but it would take a lot to get him here.
    I think easily one of Shuster or Dodd plus Grissom can get it done. I would under no circumstance trade AJ Smith-Shawver.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    One big difference between the mets and braves is the braves dont really have anybodu in their rotation that is going to ruin their staff for a couple days with a 40 pitch inning. Verlander is the only pitcher the mets can rely on.
    Mets pitching staff sucks and they have to rely on a couple of old dudes. They gotta let their young hitters play as well. Not worried about catching the braves since they are running away with the division, just gotta stay close enough for the wild card

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Mets pitching staff sucks and they have to rely on a couple of old dudes. They gotta let their young hitters play as well. Not worried about catching the braves since they are running away with the division, just gotta stay close enough for the wild card
    I'm very happy you realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Mets are projected like 100m in luxury tax bill for a roster that is not good enough to win the division. That is how you end up letting a pitcher like Bassitt leave without ever seriously offering him a long term extension.

They are not a bad team but this looks like Cohen even has his limits of what he will spend.