F.I.R.E.

What are y'all doing to secure your financial independence early?

Anyone keen on sharing their story to their first $10k saved up? First $100k? First $500k?

Some things I've been doing over the past 5 years:
- $5k every quarter goes into an ETF fund. With my current position - another $6k gets invested every year based on the dividends. This will keep rising as more shares are purchased.
- Have the majority of savings in an offset account - nearly 75% of the mortgage repayments are interest free.
- $1k every month goes into a rainy day fund.
- Smaller positions for risky investing (crypto and NFTs) - at the peak of the market - there were essentially no risk ways to make money off NFTs. Now there are plenty of ways to coin farm airdrops.

First $100k is always the hardest. Mine came and went - as about 70% of it was used for a house deposit.
I was fortunate enough to make a tonne during the crypto boom. Now have sizable cash positions that help pay off the house quicker, but also in the ETFs. Saw a bunch of friends make a bunch during crypto but never sell. Biggest thing for me, was de-risking as you go. Don't get greedy.

Happy to share more specific details on crypto/ETFs/NFTs and offset accounts for those interested, but also interested to hear other stories about methods you use.

I'd say my strengths are investing and I'm lucky to have a high paying job - but I've never been great at real estate or creating multiple streams of income via little business ventures. If you are - come share.