Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: So.... Caitlin Clark

I always say women can play in the NBA as garbage minute guy.

There are players who only plays like 2 minutes a game when it's already decided. A woman might give the crowd something mildly interesting during those minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The problem with these discussions will always be defense. Plenty of women can shoot well enough to space the floor or know the game enough to set the tempo and call apt plays…but the guard skills to make it just won’t be in a body that can play nba defense.
    Didn't you make a thread predicting some woman would eventually be good enough at shooting to make the NBA as a garbage time player? Is this her?

Very good NBA starter

I remember my first experience playing with women.

We had a girl in our club who was like 16 and I was 18 and she was the best player on the best girls team, which was supposedly one of the best in her league, basically she was top tier talent. She worked out with the men's team which was like a bunch of 40 year old former champs, but a low level competition at that time. I was like only able to be on that mens team because I could run, run, run and play defense and hit open 3s.

I was assigned to guard her and it was like guarding Mugsy Bogues or something. Could shut her down with ease.

On a similar note, I remember me and my brother at age 18-19 playing the best two players from the boys team, maybe they were 16 years old as well and we actually beat them, but it was difficult as **** and would have lost a repeat. And these were not anywhere near top tier mens talent, just the two best on the youth team, which was not very good.

In conclusion, even the best women will lose to good amateur men.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I always say women can play in the NBA as garbage minute guy.

There are players who only plays like 2 minutes a game when it's already decided. A woman might give the crowd something mildly interesting during those minutes.
    Only if they wear cheeky short shorts.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

6 foot nothing. Nope

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Didn't you make a thread predicting some woman would eventually be good enough at shooting to make the NBA as a garbage time player? Is this her?
    I didn’t say good enough. I said she would make a team. There is a difference. And this one might get a look. Cuban considered Griner when as a big she obviously had no chance. A guard who is lights out outside and smart?

Eventually will get a hard hard look that can’t be justified by merit but that won’t matter.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    1: I have never met an ex-black person.

2: no, she can't help Bron win a ring.
    ex- baller ...... guys like Patrick poopsie, Jstern and some others on ISH

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

We had a girl in our club who was like 16 and I was 18 and she was the best player on the best girls team, which was supposedly one of the best in her league, basically she was top tier talent. She worked out with the men's team which was like a bunch of 40 year old former champs, but a low level competition at that time. I was like only able to be on that mens team because I could run, run, run and play defense and hit open 3s.

I was assigned to guard her and it was like guarding Mugsy Bogues or something. Could shut her down with ease.

On a similar note, I remember me and my brother at age 18-19 playing the best two players from the boys team, maybe they were 16 years old as well and we actually beat them, but it was difficult as **** and would have lost a repeat. And these were not anywhere near top tier mens talent, just the two best on the youth team, which was not very good.

are you Ray Ray Allen ?

NBA Superstar

It’s irritating that whenever a woman is great at a sport she inevitably gets compared to the men. It happened with Serena more than anyone ever probably.

Women can’t compete with men athletically. And that’s okay.

Talking about it in that way takes away from how great she is. Nobody talks about how Sugar Ray Robinson wouldn’t beat a random heavyweight in a fight.

She made me watch a women's college basketball game for the first time in my life she is the real deal. She might become one of the goats in women's history, hell maybe even college basketball PERIOD. But do you remember jimmer? He couldn't make the NBA even though he was given a lot of chances. His defense was putrid, he might even have trouble covering a scrub like you.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit View Post
    you joking right?
    He never had basketball talk credibility to begin with but this definitely seals the deal

Holy crap is she beating up on these girls though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

Bogues was really good but you wouldn't know that

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I think she could have a spot in the NBA
    Yup, GOAT potential.

Tough game today, LSU somehow took it personal. I didn't watch the end, left to ball once I knew it was over, but I heard they clowned her after the game lol. It is what it is, to the victors go the spoils.