Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Do you go to Starbucks to drink coffee and use your laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Yeah it's weird just to eat and drink inside a restaurant. If I'm not working on my laptop, doing my taxes, and folding my clothes, it just doesn't seem right.
    Starbucks is not a “restaurant”. It’s a coffeehouse/cafe.

Hanging out there by yourself when you don’t have something to do is more abnormal than the other way around.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Starbucks is not a “restaurant”. It’s a coffeehouse/cafe.

Hanging out there by yourself when you don’t have something to do is more abnormal than the other way around.
    I am doing something. I'm eating my bagel and drinking my coffee. I'm not sitting there for hours staring at the wall after I've finished. And why would I bring my laptop to a "coffeehouse" when I can easily use my laptop at home? These people that sit there for an extended period of time as they abuse from the free WiFi are the problem.

NBA Superstar

I am doing something. I'm eating my bagel and drinking my coffee. I'm not sitting there for hours staring at the wall after I've finished. And why would I bring my laptop to a "coffeehouse" when I can easily use my laptop at home? These people that sit there for an extended period of time as they abuse from the free WiFi are the problem.
    You know exactly what I meant by “doing something”.

I’ve already mentioned three reasons why someone would work from a laptop at Starbucks. The last time I did it I had painters at my place.

These people that sit there for an extended period of time as they abuse from the free WiFi are the problem.
    Sometimes guys like the welfarefan have problems using his own shoebox's wifi connection. So out of the blue he may go to starbucks in hopes of trying to connect for a better one. However, ordering there may be costly but he'll just use his very own food stamps anyway.

Why are there people just sitting there using their laptop? What if I want to go in there, grab a coffee and a bagel, and just want to sit there peacefully while I eat and drink? Why are you working on your term paper or fantasy football league or writing a report for work? Is it just me, or does this bug some of you too? I'm forced to sit outside in the heat or the cold because all the good seats are taken inside cause it's laptop time at Starbucks.

No, I don't do that and never have. But I don't judge those who do. Some people can't study at home for whatever reason. It could be a bad situation at home and being pissed at them for taking up a seat is not it.

They don’t have internet access at home. That’s it, that’s the reason.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Humans are social creatures they like to be in public even if it’s just by themselves reading or working on their laptop. That’s why the shut downs were so horrific.
    Poopsie does not understand the concept of being social.

In college I used to go to the library to do homework, esp when I had to write papers, I felt it was easier to concentrate and get my work done that way. But idk, going to Starbucks to work never appealed to me at all, it seems MUCH more comfortable and convenient to do my work at home then go out, find a space available, then sit in a non-comfortable chair all day.

And I gotta side with Proctor on this one, there are literally thousands of places in NYC you could get a better bagel from than Starbucks Probably cheaper too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Too much animosity from you. However, I'm referring to people who have clearly finished their coffee and meal and stay there to do their work, taking up prime real estate. The only times I'm on ISH are from work or home.

Are you at a Starbucks right now?? I bet you are.
    poopsie did they take your window seat or the closest to the girls bathroom door ?