Default jstern, i embedded a video you may like...

rate my embed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: jstern, i embedded a video you may like...

I think the new standard should be an embedded video with a normal link below it as well

Default Re: jstern, i embedded a video you may like...

I was highly disappointed because I read the tittle of the video and then my heart dropped because I thought Jasper finally, once and for all learned how to embed YouTube videos. And then I saw that diamenz was the OP.

I mean, no disrespect, I'm just so disappointed that it turned out not to be Jasper. I thought the saga was over.

As far as the video. Even though the video is embedded, I did click on the title so that it would take me to the YouTube page. Which some might argue that it's the same as clicking a Jasper link. But no, because unlike just a link, the embedded YouTube video shows the thumbnail AND the title of the video. So I know what I'm clicking on and thus less of a worry that I might be wasting my time.

I think that warriorfan's idea is a good one, letting people like Jasper know that they can still post a regular link if they embed a YouTube video. But at this point I think Jeff has to step in and make it so that the site embeds it automatically, whether the user embeds it or not. Like a regular link gets hyperlinked automatically.

As far as the embedded video in the OP. I don't know much about that channel, but the guy mentioned Ryan Grim.

Which means they are funded by some entity behind the scene. Though they seem to be covering certain things, they're not independent. Organic in a sense. They were hired to do a job. So I preferred independent journalists that have a track record.

So nothing bad about the topic, just that until proven otherwise, I'm hesitant about the channel, and eventually will probably post an embedded video about the topic from another channel. There a plenty of related stories, like Hunter Biden and the Ukraine bio labs.