Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2023 EC Round 1: (2) Boston Celtics vs. (7) Atlanta Hawks

COTM make any adjustments in the series?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    COTM make any adjustments in the series?
    They took a lot of threes last night and went small. Murray got hot and that helped make them more competitive. They are playig at a talent disadvantage so their coach should not have it held against him when they don't win.

One thing that I am not sure what is to be done about is that Trae Young is not outplaying Derrick White. They have one allstar he can't be kidding his match up with a rotation player/ part time starter. White could average 18 in an offense that made him a priority but still, Young should be doing more than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    They took a lot of threes last night and went small. Murray got hot and that helped make them more competitive. They are playig at a talent disadvantage so their coach should not have it held against him when they don't win.

One thing that I am not sure what is to be done about is that Trae Young is not outplaying Derrick White. They have one allstar he can't be kidding his match up with a rotation player/ part time starter. White could average 18 in an offense that made him a priority but still, Young should be doing more than him.
    Derrick White is a better basketball player than Trash Young, and I'm a Hawks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Derrick White is a better basketball player than Trash Young, and I'm a Hawks fan.
    Outside looking in, you can base your offense in Young. White does far more for you defensively but he can't be the basis of your offense he needs to be one of a few offensive threats. It is important that White is an excellent defender while Young is terrible in D but every team would take Young over White to start their team. But I am hearing a few Haek fans that have soured on Young this season and I only watched him maybe 6 times this year before the playoffs.p

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Outside looking in, you can base your offense in Young. White does far more for you defensively but he can't be the basis of your offense he needs to be one of a few offensive threats. It is important that White is an excellent defender while Young is terrible in D but every team would take Young over White to start their team. But I am hearing a few Haek fans that have soured on Young this season and I only watched him maybe 6 times this year before the playoffs.p
    But it becomes predictable. The team passes the ball more and turns the ball over less when Trae is off the court. When you combine that with the atrocious defense? I don't know what you're supposed to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    But it becomes predictable. The team passes the ball more and turns the ball over less when Trae is off the court. When you combine that with the atrocious defense? I don't know what you're supposed to do with him.
    Trade his ass lol

Why don't we have any new jazz game threads anymore?

There should be something that can be done about that strategically. He's not as good as Nash but has a skill set that should make him good in that kind of system. You guys would have a better idea of what's wrong with that team I'm just saying that White is most likely not going to be making any allstar or AllNBA teams. He's "just" an excellent roleplayer.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Do you think Trae is a coachable player? From what you have seen as a hawks fan, would you say he refuses to buy into anything that was not given his stamp of approval?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Do you think Trae is a coachable player? From what you have seen as a hawks fan, would you say he refuses to buy into anything that was not given his stamp of approval?
    I wouldn't say it's necessarily that he refuses to buy into certain things. I thinks it's more that his strengths as a basketball player just purely don't align with what a team concept looks like. He NEEDS to dribble and make 1-2 decisions max or he gets lost. Of course he's a very skilled ball-handler and passer but when you need him to improvise or switch things up...he just can't do it.

On defense it's not so much that he's lazy. He's just completely lost.

Ultimately a very aesthetically facing, but still limited, skillset.

Enjoy Hubie while you still can, fellas.

Boston with twelve 3's in the first 16mins.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Trade his ass lol
    trae young for Austin reaves? Sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out View Post
    trae young for Austin reaves? Sign and trade
    Meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Meltdown.
    Meltdown? He’s acting like trae young is useless so I’m saying then trade him for reaves.Lebron will maximize trae and show you how good he is. All I ask is when trae looks like a superstar don’t say the lakers are stacked….trae is a turnover machine midget who plays no defense. Right? Right? That’s what y’all are saying right??????Keep that same energy when he’s on the lakers (throwing lobs to ad and shooting catch and shoot logo 3’s at a 40% clip)u have for him now

I don’t want to hear shit about the lakers being stacked

Bogdan my man