Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Did the Warriors simply take advantage of a weak path last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I wonder how come this team completely lost b2b games during the 2021 play-ins but suddenly ended up winning the title in the following year? I'm guessing they're not really all that potent without their core.
    It wasn't just the fact that they were missing Klay. It was also a big difference in their role players. In 2022 they had Porter and GP2. In '21 they didn't yet they still finished the season 39-33 in spite of going 2-7 in the games Curry missed.

They were 29-9 in 2022 before Klay played his first game.

Curry dropped almost 80 points in those two play in games. He went off he just didn't have enough help.

I dont think 2020 was an asterisk ring, agreed with arbitrary waiter that it was a tough road to the title. At the same time the Lakers were strong favorites to win it. But the Warriors run last year was just weird, they did beat an elite Celtics team in the finals but they way they did was just awkward and really based on some specific tactical schemes to counter the opponent rather than overall strength of the team. The 2017 and even the 2015 Warriors would destroy last year Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    I dont think 2020 was an asterisk ring, agreed with arbitrary waiter that it was a tough road to the title. At the same time the Lakers were strong favorites to win it. But the Warriors run last year was just weird, they did beat an elite Celtics team in the finals but they way they did was just awkward and really based on some specific tactical schemes to counter the opponent rather than overall strength of the team. The 2017 and even the 2015 Warriors would destroy last year Warriors.

bingo although disagree that the 2015 warriors would destroy them. i doubt they beat them. that run was even more fluky. they had more problems with an even weaker team.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Grizzlies were the toughest opponent in the West, they're a solid team but not a title contender.

The Celtics then forgot how to play offense in the finals and Tatum completely wet the bed, and it wasnt like they blew them out.

It was one of the weaker winning runs I can remember tbh.

Shame for the Bucks (Middleton injury) cause they would have been apt winners.
    This comment aging like rotting eggs.