Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson says the politics in the bubble put him off the nba.

So we aren’t talking about millionaires because they’re too rich or normal people because they aren’t public enough I guess? So who we talking about? Is it the hundred thousandaires being silenced? Well paid replaceables? Most of America is talking shit on the regular.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Because Phil Jackson is an intellectual, and isn’t a moron. Anybody with a brain saw the racist, SJW, Libtard pandering.
    Last edited by WhiteKyrie; 04-22-2023 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    So we aren’t talking about millionaires because they’re too rich or normal people because they aren’t public enough I guess? So who we talking about? Is it the hundred thousandaires being silenced? Well paid replaceables? Most of America is talking shit on the regular.

Yeah, pretty much. Most people who are employed by a company cant jump on a public platform and be politically divisive. NBA players for the most part are afforded that luxury in exchange for advancing the interests of the owner.

No big deal. Just the way it is.

Cool Re: Phil Jackson says the politics in the bubble put him off the nba.

Wasnt it Carmelo who said “The NBA is the feds”?

People who cooperate with the feds get special privileges and immunities others dont.

It’s nothing I can stop or control, so I dont find it worth wringing my hands over.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Most people who are employed by a company cant jump on a public platform and be politically divisive. NBA players for the most part are afforded that luxury in exchange for advancing the interests of the owner.

No big deal. Just the way it is.

So the tens of millions of politically divisive people on the internet don’t have jobs or what?

Im legit wondering who you think is doing all the nonsense that makes up social media.

Its like when people ranting about conservatives being silenced online don’t realize they’re currently being conservative and not being silenced.

Both sides are loud as **** online and they tend to have employment far as I can tell.

So the tens of millions of politically divisive people on the internet don’t have jobs or what?

Im legit wondering who you think is doing all the nonsense that makes up social media.

Its like when people ranting about conservatives being silenced online don’t realize they’re currently being conservative and not being silenced.

Both sides are loud as **** online and they tend to have employment far as I can tell.
    I dont check the Twitter myself but my impression is most people posting divisively on there post anonymously. Hence the concept of “doxing.” They usually dont have a company logo and a jersey number etc in their profile bc most people would be subject to discipline or termination if they did.

People all over Facebook in much greater number than Twitter happily posting the same shit on their own names with pictures and friends, family, and co workers seeing every bit of it. The number of people who can’t say “controversial” things on the internet just isn’t that great. For every story you could find of someone fired there are 40,000 who aren’t.

Banned

I agree with the GOAT coach here. Leave politics to people who care about politics. Keep sports as sports.

And everything about the bubble was disgraceful. A stain in NBA history.

People all over Facebook in much greater number than Twitter happily posting the same shit on their own names with pictures and friends, family, and co workers seeing every bit of it. The number of people who can’t say “controversial” things on the internet just isn’t that great. For every story you could find of someone fired there are 40,000 who aren’t.
    Yeah, I guess thats true - as long as theyre on the same side of the controversy as their employer.

But hey, so be it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    ramen is nasty.

anyways, he's right. i don't want to see lgbtqueer ads being shoved in my face or how your c-19 restrictions are among the best out of all proffessional sports. no one actually cares about your pandering to democrats, not even democrats. it's cringe. just play basketball and leave that sh1t aside. the only political talk i will entertain is how every citizen should be aware that ATF and FBI should be abolished based on their direct actions that burned 80 adults women and children alive and went about their lives like they didn't just commit genocide.
    hey

call your sponsor bro

best of luck with everything

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

If it wasn't politics, it would have been something else.. Zenmaster was having a difficult time accepting the game passed him by.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Because Phil Jackson is an intellectual, and isn’t a moron. Anybody with a brain saw the racist, SJW, Libtard pandering.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yeah, I guess thats true - as long as theyre on the same side of the controversy as their employer.

But hey, so be it.
    You don’t have to be on the same side as your employer….

The idea of an all seeing and vengeful cancel culture is a straight up myth. 200 million people probably openly disagree with their corporate masters and talk about it on the internet to no result. If people lost their jobs regularly for “controversial” talk we would have 70% unemployment.

Most weird internet and personal commentary is just an internal “Damn Larry is crazy….” and continuing to eat lunch. Old dudes have been making Obama monkey jokes, complaining about honoring MLK, and hating on Jews to no result and they will continue.

A million people backed Kanye online on their real names. There is a tremendous amount of unpunished hate speech and there always has been. I’ve known 5 percenters who have been preaching shit Kyrie would get banned for all my life. They do it on their names on Facebook with normal jobs with no problem. I know white people heavy into trump forever posting memes that would get a white nba player suspended. Nobody cares.

If anything….famous athletes face more scrutiny and get more punishment.

Nothing Kyrie has posted would even get the notice of an employer who wasn’t as visible as the nba with thousands of fans to make them respond to it.

The fame doesn’t protect them from scrutiny. It’s the entire cause of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

You don’t have to be on the same side as your employer….

The idea of an all seeing and vengeful cancel culture is a straight up myth. 200 million people probably openly disagree with their corporate masters and talk about it on the internet to no result. If people lost their jobs regularly for “controversial” talk we would have 70% unemployment.

Most weird internet and personal commentary is just an internal “Damn Larry is crazy….” and continuing to eat lunch. Old dudes have been making Obama monkey jokes, complaining about honoring MLK, and hating on Jews to no result and they will continue.

A million people backed Kanye online on their real names. There is a tremendous amount of unpunished hate speech and there always has been. I’ve known 5 percenters who have been preaching shit Kyrie would get banned for all my life. They do it on their names on Facebook with normal jobs with no problem. I know white people heavy into trump forever posting memes that would get a white nba player suspended. Nobody cares.

If anything….famous athletes face more scrutiny and get more punishment.

Nothing Kyrie has posted would even get the notice of an employer who wasn’t as visible as the nba with thousands of fans to make them respond to it.

The fame doesn’t protect them from scrutiny. It’s the entire cause of it.
    i didn’t read all that but cancel culture certainly is not a myth, lol

NBA lottery pick

Come fight about an 80 year old from Montana/North Dakota giving exactly the take you’d expect from that demographic. I’m sure he realizes he isn’t who the nba(or most athletic endeavors) caters to since he’s expected to be dead soon and I take no offense. I’m also sure some of you would like to argue about it….so you do that. I’m gonna find some ramen and hopefully not make it too spicy like I did last time. 2 spicy bombs is right. 3 is an adventure.
    Agreed! Last true legit year was 2019.