Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Curry has NEVER outplayed Bron in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Curry's 3-1 against Bron h2h, and destroyed him 8-1 over their last 2 series. If he beats him this year he surpasses him all time imo.
    This

Banned

Morant and Bane just outplayed Lebron in the playoffs though.

Lucky for LeShrivel he has enough help to carry him despite that. He almost got outplayed by pathetic Dillon Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I actually agree Bron's 2015 finals is kind of overrated, but even then he's still clearly outplayed Curry.

Curry had a great game five, and that's it.
    Steph definitely was better in the last 3 games of that series. Game 4 Bran had 20 pts on 22 shots and wasted a 28/10 9/16 FG performance from Mozgov, if Bran shows up the Cavs go up 3 - 1 and likely win the series IMO.

I'm not putting Steph ahead of Bron even if he wins the chip this year. However if he beats Lebron for the 4th time this year, I'm effectively removing LeLegacy out of the GOAT conversation forever. I still have MJ comfortably #1, but this series ensures Lebron is never being part of that discussion (in my own view). You can't get washed four times by the same guy in the playoffs in five attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Steph definitely was better in the last 3 games of that series. Game 4 Bran had 20 pts on 22 shots and wasted a 28/10 9/16 FG performance from Mozgov, if Bran shows up the Cavs go up 3 - 1 and likely win the series IMO.
    Shump, Delly, and the bench combined to shoot 7/40 that game for 22 points. That's 17.5% shooting. LeBron could've dropped 50 that game and the Cav's would've still lost. Mozgov dropped numbers, but he was useless on the floor. The Warriors went small and he was getting annihilated.

Curry's 3-1 against Bron h2h, and destroyed him 8-1 over their last 2 series. If he beats him this year he surpasses him all time imo.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    I'm not putting Steph ahead of Bron even if he wins the chip this year. However if he beats Lebron for the 4th time this year, I'm effectively removing LeLegacy out of the GOAT conversation forever. I still have MJ comfortably #1, but this series ensures Lebron is never being part of that discussion (in my own view). You can't get washed four times by the same guy in the playoffs in five attempts.
    MJ>Lebron

But again, you aren't using good logic. How exactly did STEPH CURRY "wash" Lebron in their series? Lebron was the better player 2015-2018 finals, basketball is ultimately a team game. Teams win and lose eventually.

I guess I can't have MJ as GOAT because he was "washed" by Larry Bird and Isaiah Thomas.

Jokic Stan

Lebron vs Steph in the 2015-2018 Finals (22 games).

Lebron - 33/12/9 on 48/35/72 splits, 1.7 steals/1.3 blocks with better defense.

Steph - 25/6/6 on 42/40/91 splits, 1.5 steals, .4 blocks with worse defense.

All Curry has is a very slight TS% advantage over Bron.
    Last edited by StrongLurk; 05-02-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I actually agree Bron's 2015 finals is kind of overrated, but even then he's still clearly outplayed Curry.

Curry had a great game five, and that's it.
    what's funny considering who you quoted is old goat's 2015 finals is very kobeesque. high volume, low efficiency chucking. he had a bad back and the jumper was off all season but was forced into that playstyle because of injuries.

Banned

hurrrrrr, i used to have lil mikey #1 then he embarrassed himself on the wizards by missing the playoffs in b2b seasons at 38/39 years old so i moved him out of the goat conversation, durrrrrr.

National High School Star

3-2

Lakers beat the Warriors in the playin series

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    3-2

Lakers beat the Warriors in the playin series
    But curry stans will never count that as an actual h2h series due to obvious reasons.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    hurrrrrr, i used to have lil mikey #1 then he embarrassed himself on the wizards by missing the playoffs in b2b seasons at 38/39 years old so i moved him out of the goat conversation, durrrrrr.
    Yeah, its pretty retarded to expect from a 38 yr old guy to perform as if he was a few years younger.

If you count Lebron out for losing to the defending champs at 38 while injured, then MJ shouldnt even be top 10 anymore after what he did with the Wizards.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    Shump, Delly, and the bench combined to shoot 7/40 that game for 22 points. That's 17.5% shooting. LeBron could've dropped 50 that game and the Cav's would've still lost. Mozgov dropped numbers, but he was useless on the floor. The Warriors went small and he was getting annihilated.
    It was never a fair fight vs the Warriors. Their 11th option was better than Lebron’s 3rd option (and 2015 even better than Lebron’s 2nd option who was Dellavedova? Like gtfo).

Give Bron 4 all stars and other 5 great guys on the bench like Curry always had and it wouldnt even be close. People forget that the Warriors didnt even make it to the playoffs without Klay.

This is a really bad take. Nothing a guy does at 38 should affect his all time standing. Esp when the guy in question had a colossal talent advantage in 2 of the series wins, and was on arguably the GOAT single season team for the 3rd. I'd wager virtually every player in history would be 1-3 against Steph under those same circumstances.