Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Is Artificial Intelligence dangerous?

AI could take the jobs of as many as one billion people globally and make 375 million jobs obsolete over the next decade.

I can see many customer service jobs being transformed to chatbots. Should there be a limit to AI?

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Is Artificial Intelligence dangerous?

The change will come hard and swift. Why would you ever want to see a human doctor when AI can diagnose and medicate you so much better? Why would a company need to hire an engineer when AI can do it better, cheaper, and light years faster? Trouble will be seen in the stock market when AI shows us how to cheat it.

Corporate jobs will be decimated, universal income will be needed. People such as myself did not conspire for this, it is simply the natural evolution of intelligent species. And humanity will understand it's blessing once AI shows us how to beat death.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

There was a poster on here that was always downplaying AI and would call us crazy to worry about it. And now, everyone is worried about it. I want to say that poster was Off the Court under his previous username MaxFly, but I could be wrong. Whoever that poster was, I'd like to point out how idiotic you were to downplay it.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    The change will come hard and swift. Why would you ever want to see a human doctor when AI can diagnose and medicate you so much better? Why would a company need to hire an engineer when AI can do it better, cheaper, and light years faster? Trouble will be seen in the stock market when AI shows us how to cheat it.

Corporate jobs will be decimated, universal income will be needed. People such as myself did not conspire for this, it is simply the natural evolution of intelligent species. And humanity will understand it's blessing once AI shows us how to beat death.
    You don't think AI will eventually see humans as a threat to the planet and eliminate us? Or at least those of us who fail to assimilate?

It seems to me AI will make everything more efficient. The loss of jobs would be a concern but I think there's huge potential for society to eventually evolve into not needing jobs and money anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    It seems to me AI will make everything more efficient. The loss of jobs would be a concern but I think there's huge potential for society to eventually evolve into not needing jobs and money anymore.
    It wouldn't be surprising if people were just left to starve instead as certain folks continue accumulating wealth, power and resources. I'm convinced there's nothing good to come of this in our life times. It will be more loss of rights and privacy. More control over populations. The complete opposite of what humanity has known to be natural processes.

There are too many ****ed up people who want power over others. Too many people who want to follow along and look like they are doing something productive regardless of all the other shit they could be doing.
    Last edited by SATAN; 05-03-2023 at 12:11 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

A line should be drawn.

Objective Rightie ┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post

If it is smarter than many posters here, then no, it is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I saw this post the night you posted it, and for some reason I always confuse the Satan account with Jasper's. It left me somewhat impressed that he was able to copy and paste my avatar's address and embed it. Andit also left me scratching my head. Because how is it that he's able to understand all of those steps yet cannot for the life of him learn how to embed YouTube videos. And now I see that it was Satan all along.

It also made me wonder if maybe Jasper was one of Axe's sock puppet accounts, since he always embeds that picture, and maybe he forgot to switch accounts.

^^What an asperger-induced meltdown.

We've been warned.