Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Embiid wins MVP

Local High School Star

Default Embiid wins MVP

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-23-kia...e-player-award

Embiid's win was well-deserved, impacting the game both on the offensive and defensive level.

When I look through how MVP voters voted, I think it's again time to re-review who votes. Given the number of votes for Gilgeous-Alexander and Sabonis as compared with Curry and Doncic shows voters are not all there.

Alexander is a volume shooter with lower TS% than many top players. Sabonis isn't even the best player on his team, let alone the league. Nowhere to be seen despite solid performance are: Lillard, LeBron, Jaylen Brown. Those three are all higher performers than Alexander and Sabonis.

Default Re: Embiid wins MVP

Donovan Mitchell

MVP is just meaningless shit now, criteria seems to change yearly, and no one gets it 3 times. Most didn’t even deserve 2

OP tries to pass himself off as a basketball expert but his post is once again riddled with inaccuracies. Shai’s TS was 62.6%, that’s absolutely elite considering his volume. There is zero case to be made Jaylen Brown is a better player than him. Sabonis was better than Fox all year and the impact stats bear this out. Fox was certainly better in the playoffs but that’s completely irrelevant to the voting, so I’m not sure why it would even matter.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    OP tries to pass himself off as a basketball expert but his post is once again riddled with inaccuracies. Shai’s TS was 62.6%, that’s absolutely elite considering his volume. There is zero case to be made Jaylen Brown is a better player than him. Sabonis was better than Fox all year and the impact stats bear this out. Fox was certainly better in the playoffs but that’s completely irrelevant to the voting, so I’m not sure why it would even matter.
    I'm saying his TS% is lower than people who got fewer votes than him. Curry's TS % is 65%. Booker, Butler at 66%. Jaylen Brown 64%. My question is why Shai? He was on a bad team and racked up the stats - that doesn't mean anything.

Did you not see a thread titled "Hahahahaha" which already has a topic on it?
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ahahahahahahha

(jk)

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    I'm saying his TS% is lower than people who got fewer votes than him. Curry's TS % is 65%. Booker, Butler at 66%. Jaylen Brown 64%. My question is why Shai? He was on a bad team and racked up the stats - that doesn't mean anything.
    Huh?

Bookers TS was 60%, not 66%. Brown's TS was 58%, not 64%.

Prior to the season OKC was predicted to win 23 games. They won 40, only 4 less than the defending champs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Playoffs are all that matters and in that respect the true superstars in this league are:

Jokic
    AD
    Curry
    Butler

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Playoffs are all that matters and in that respect the true superstars in this league are:

Jokic
    AD
    Curry
    Butler

If the playoffs are all that matter then why would AD be a superstar? He's made it past the 2nd round once in his career, past the 1st round only twice. He's missed the playoffs more often than he's made it.

Jokic
    AD
    Curry
    Butler
    If you legitimately don't think Giannis is a true superstar you're honestly an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    If the playoffs are all that matter then why would AD be a superstar? He's made it past the 2nd round once in his career, past the 1st round only twice. He's missed the playoffs more often than he's made it.
    Because he absolutely dominates the playoffs. Have you been watching basketball? He just put up a wilt like 30/20 game on elite efficiency with elite defense.

Even on the shitty pelicans franchise averaged 31/12 on elite efficiency. Not sure how much more you want....

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    If you legitimately don't think Giannis is a true superstar you're honestly an idiot
    He is, but not really this year getting punked by an 8 seed and losing every game he played in.

Because he absolutely dominates the playoffs. Have you been watching basketball? He just put up a wilt like 30/20 game on elite efficiency with elite defense.

Even on the shitty pelicans franchise averaged 31/12 on elite efficiency. Not sure how much more you want....
    He's made it past the 2nd round once in 10 years, and that was with Lebron. That doesn't look like dominance to me.

Part of dominating the playoffs is actually playing in the playoffs.

Saw a basketball once

Does this mean Embiid can finally stop whining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    He's made it past the 2nd round once in 10 years, and that was with Lebron. That doesn't look like dominance to me.

Part of dominating the playoffs is actually playing in the playoffs.
    The Lakers couldn't even make the playoffs without AD. Not winning with the shitty pelicans doesn't mean anything. Nobody is going to ever win with that franchise. He's proving his mettle right now with LA finally having at least some help.

If you don't think AD is a superstar playoff performer you're clowning. He averaged 27/11 on 130 ORTG en route to a title even before this year. I'm a curry fan and when you factor in defense, that's a better playoff run than chef has ever had.