Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Embiid wins MVP

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Embiid wins MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    ah, so the playoffs arent showing that Booker is a superstar?

Cmon, your shtick makes no sense.
    He doesn't play defense and his team is getting Molly whooped. He's definitely a star player but not superstar. I remember you overreacting the other day saying he was better than prime Kobe.

So far in the playoffs AD is averaging 22 ppg with a 57% TS. Those are pedestrian numbers. Sure he has been good defensively but mediocre on offense.

And of course if it wasn't for Pelinka's flurry of moves they wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    He doesn't play defense and his team is getting Molly whooped. He's definitely a star player but not superstar. I remember you overreacting the other day saying he was better than prime Kobe.
    Booker is averaging 35 / 5 / 7 on 57% FG, 67% TS!!!

Stop it. You know you're wrong. Just stop.

His team is getting molly whooped cause KD isnt living up and they have no bench.

Booker has been better than AD these playoffs.

Kind of like AD most of his playoff career, when he actually made the playoffs

Booker is averaging 35 / 5 / 7 on 57% FG, 67% TS!!!

Stop it. You know you're wrong. Just stop.

His team is getting molly whooped cause KD isnt living up and they have no bench.

Booker has been better than AD these playoffs.
    No he hasn't when you factor defense and rebounding and passing into the equation.

That's the mistake you made when comparing him to Kobe. Booker is a sieve on defense and gives up just as much as he puts up. While AD is by far the best rim and paint protector in the playoffs thus far sitting at 30 blocks in only 7 games. Double what the next best defender has.

And then putting up Shaq like 30/20 games on offense. Its just ridiculous. I'm rooting against AD and the Lakers and he just keeps doing what he's doing.

I like Booker and agree he's on the cusp, but overall impact matters. If you're giving no great impact defending, boarding, and passing its hard to be called a superstar. His scoring is superstar level but nothing else is.

No he hasn't when you factor defense and rebounding and passing into the equation.

That's the mistake you made when comparing him to Kobe. Booker is a sieve on defense and gives up just as much as he puts up. While AD is by far the best rim and paint protector in the playoffs thus far sitting at 30 blocks in only 7 games. Double what the next best defender has.

And then putting up Shaq like 30/20 games on offense. Its just ridiculous. I'm rooting against AD and the Lakers and he just keeps doing what he's doing.

I like Booker and agree he's on the cusp, but overall impact matters. If you're giving no great impact defending, boarding, and passing its hard to be called a superstar. His scoring is superstar level but nothing else is.

Youre literally making these things up cause you dont want Booker as superstar, as it wouldnt go along with your narrative.

Its 35 ppg on 67% TS.. get real. He could be averaging 40 ppg and you would be saying these things.

You act like he's a total blackhole that gives up a basket every possession. It would have to be that bad to not make him a superstar.

Lets say Book gives up 6 points a game, that would still be a net impact of +30 points at absurd efficiency. Both sides included. And 7 assists.

Youre full of shit and we both know it.

Just noticed that Bookers TS in the playoffs is .666

Lets say Book gives up 6 points a game

Talk about an underestimate.

Booker is a great scorer and player. But he doesn't give great impact outside his own individual scoring prowess.

He's not an off and on ball genius offensive engine like Curry who makes everybody better on top of his own individual scoring. He's doesn't pass or make everybody better like 7 foot Larry Bird aka Jokic. Doesn't have the two way game of AD or Butler or (healthy) Kawhi. He's a top 10ish player, great player but not in the realm of true all round Superstars. Is what it is.

Talk about an underestimate.

Booker is a great scorer and player. But he doesn't give impact outside his own individual scoring prowess.

He's not an off and on ball genius offensive engine like Curry who makes everybody better on top of his own individual scoring. He's doesn't pass or make everybody better like 7 foot Larry Bird aka Jokic. Doesn't have the two way game of AD or Butler or (healthy) Kawhi. He's a top 10ish player, great player but not in the realm of true all round Superstars. Is what it is.
    If you genuinely think Book's playstyle and passing at 35 ppg keeps him from being a superstar, I got a bridge to sell you about Kobe. Their games weren't all that different buddy.

Critzising his passing while hes averaging more assists than Kobe ever did lol.

Booker isnt the sieve you make him out to be.

7-time NBA All-Star

If you genuinely think Book's playstyle and passing at 35 ppg keeps him from being a superstar, I got a bridge to sell you about Kobe. Their games weren't all that different buddy.

Critzising his passing while hes averaging more assists than Kobe ever did lol.

Booker isnt the sieve you make him out to be.

Booker is nice but he's never reached the caliber of domination of a Curry or Kobe - he dominates 90% of the time that they do - he'll get shut down on key occasion that they wouldn't or they would get "shutdown" but still have 30

And today's game would allow Kobe's domination to exceed anything we saw in his actual career - the spacing-out, hands-off format is perfect for a guy like Kobe - if you think Booker looks good in this format, just imagine Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Booker is nice but he's never reached the caliber of domination of a Curry or Kobe - he dominates 90% of the time that they do - he'll get shut down on key occasion that they wouldn't or they would get "shutdown" but still have 30

And today's game would allow Kobe's domination to exceed anything we saw in his actual career - the spacing-out, hands-off format is perfect for a guy like Kobe - if you think Booker looks good in this format, just imagine Kobe
    I'm convinced arby never watched Kobe if he thinks him and booker played alike. Aside from being a way better well rounded player in all facets of the game, Kobe loved operating out of the post, while Booker is purely a face up player. They played nothing alike. Arby showing his age he was probably 5 years old when Kobe was in his prime.

I'm convinced arby never watched Kobe if he thinks him and booker played alike. Aside from being a way better well rounded player in all facets of the game, Kobe loved operating out of the post, while Booker is purely a face up player. They played nothing alike. Arby showing his age he was probably 5 years old when Kobe was in his prime.

Kobe forced up more bad, long jumpers than anyone i've ever seen. He was so selfish it was hard to watch at times.

The big rules change regarding the hand check happened in the middle of Kobe's career. That change discouraged guys from playing with their back to the basket because if you just face up the defender can't touch you.

7-time NBA All-Star

Good point about Booker being a face-up guy with no post and not well-rounded in all facets like Kobe.. Sometimes I forget that Kobe won with no passing help - he was the primary ball-handler and also the off-ball assist target for the Lakers and a primary post guy.. My 90% figure was too high

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

First two things i’ve seen said today is Booker = Kobe and that Anthony Davis = garnett/pippin…. I don’t even think they were trolling either

Speechless

wow, what a huge change for the game!

Both Kobe and Book were high volume SG's who primarily operated from the mid range, very similar habits and tendencies.

Anyway, lets not lose sight of your initial fumble: "The playoffs show who the real superstars are, and 35 ppg + 7 assists with 6 rebs on 67% TS Booker is not it!"

Lol.