Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Elton Brand: how good was he? overrated, underrated? how impactful was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    2005-06 25 and 10
    And the next year he averaged 20/9. His 05/06 season was the outlier.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Elton Brand: how good was he? overrated, underrated? how impactful was he?

Probably put him on same tier as prime Chris Bosh

College superstar

He was pretty damn good in 05-06. For that one peak year he was as effective and good as anyone on that list not named Duncan, Garnet, Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Brand was 270 lbs with a 9'2" standing reach. He measured 6'8.25" barefoot, only .75" shorter than Dwight Howard.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...urements-2912/

He had size, he just didn't have 3pt range or much ball handling skill.
    I may be misremembering but my impression was he was a tweener. Too small for the 5. Too slow for the 4. This can usually be overcome by athleticism which he kinda lacked. But he was very skilled and excellent in the low post. He did not have much skills further away from the basket. I don't remember his face up game being particularly good either(not sure tho).

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    I may be misremembering but my impression was he was a tweener. Too small for the 5. Too slow for the 4. This can usually be overcome by athleticism which he kinda lacked. But he was very skilled and excellent in the low post. He did not have much skills further away from the basket. I don't remember his face up game being particularly good either(not sure tho).
    This. Peaked on the Clippers in 2006. Good but never a great player.