Decent playground baller

Default D'Angelo Russell in my opinion is the reason the Lakers are playing so well

Every time Russell takes an open shot, I feel it's going in.

He reminds me of Middleton when I watched him play in the Finals against the Suns. Every midrange jumper he took and made felt like a punch.

That's how I feel about Russell.

And I get the sense that it doesn't matter what the score is - a Russell jumper seems like a high percentage shot that is a good shot, when the Lakers are down, tied, or up. It seemed to me that in Game 1 he made a bunch of jumpers that gave the Lakers momentum and killed the Warriors momentum.

And when he makes a three, and gets hot, he's going to shoot again and probably make it. It's almost like a poor man's Klay Thompson without the volume but with more consistency.

Anyone else feel like D'Angelo Russell is the Lakers' secret weapon and that his play is a, if not the, main reason why they're playing so well after the trade deadline?

As a Warriors fan, I'm worried most about him. He's like the one player that fills in the Lakers' perimeter shooting weakness and just barely prevents it from being a huge gap vs the Warriors when he gets hot.
    Last edited by Atlantis; 05-05-2023 at 09:04 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: D'Angelo Russell in my opinion is the reason the Lakers are playing so well

D-Lo is a spacing point guard that can turn around a Lebron-led team just like Mo's spacing turned around the 45-win Cavs in 2008-09' season.

These guys provide the wider driving lanes that give Lebron's stiff-arm more impact because he lacks the expert jumpshooting skill to shoot over defenses like MJ or Kobe

Banned

Default Re: D'Angelo Russell in my opinion is the reason the Lakers are playing so well

He's certainly a big part of it. Lakers are beyond stacked.