Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Booker tonight 47/9/3 on 20-25 shooting, most points through 8 playoff games sinc

Modern players are facing far worse defenses and playing at a much faster pace. It's so much easier to put up numbers that it's not even funny.

Of course what Book is doing is still very impressive...

Default Re: Booker tonight 47/9/3 on 20-25 shooting, most points through 8 playoff games sinc

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    No, but his numbers definitely wouldn’t look the same.

You are being either low iq or disingenuous when making cross era comparisons like that.
    Why? We've had insane numbers in the past as well. Some, significantly better than anything that we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    For sure.

However, I've made this point before...Ray Allen did 22 ppg on 58% TS from 00-04....17 shots a game. Even in the hardest defensive years in the modern era...if Ray Allen took 2 more total shots per game...and upped his 3's from roughly 7 to roughly 10 a game...I'd imagine he averages like 25 on 59% TS.

Curry, who I think is a significantly better player...has done roughly 27 ppg on 64% TS for his prime and roughly 27 ppg and 61% TS in the playoffs. Would the efficiency dip? Yea, for sure...but I'd imagine something like 26 ppg on 60% TS would be the floor.
    People always assume Steph's numbers would drop because of tougher defenses. Teams didn't know how to defend the 3 point line in that magical scenario. Players would subconsciously give him all the space in the world until he would start driving. It might take two full seasons for the entire league to kind of adjust. If you put him there, he would break the game.

That's why it's difficult to copy and paste players from different eras.