Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default There's no such thing as A.I.

When we think of artificial intelligence, we think of sentient intelligence, such as Terminator. What is being sold as A.I. today is just automated technology. There's a lot of hype. But tech is only as powerful as humans program it. Computers don't actually understand anything.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LLL3's Avatar

Default Re: There's no such thing as A.I.

It's nice to see Walk on Water in the Off the Court.

He's kind of right about this. The technology is great, but it basically regurgitates what it's trained on.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    It's nice to see Walk on Water in the Off the Court.

He's kind of right about this. The technology is great, but it basically regurgitates what it's trained on.
    That’s exactly the point of AI. It streamlines complex tasks and solve problems in a way that is much more efficient and accurate. Very useful in the field of data analytics especially. It’s not “just” something that reproduces what it is trained to do

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    That’s exactly the point of AI. It streamlines complex tasks and solve problems in a way that is much more efficient and accurate. Very useful in the field of data analytics especially. It’s not “just” something that reproduces what it is trained to do
    Walk on Water is referring to the fact that many people think AI has the ability to actually feel and think. It's able to take in a lot of information and answers much more accurate than a human (so long as the information that it was trained on is accurate), but it's not sentient.

In 2015, I would trust IBM Watson's medical diagnosis much more than the diagnosis of any doctor. That's 8 years ago already. Because humans are very flawed, and Watson, not being sentient, is not dismissing any of the fact, or things that don't add up.

NBA All-star

try telling that to a professional masseuse