Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: someone get doris burke a towel

I think its Ian Eagle whose been trying to be very hip with his catchphrases and commenting lately.

It feels forced and weird.

Kevin Harlan, Bill Walton and Marv Albert are the GOATs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    I assumed when I read it, this was some kind of joke.

Are any of you old enough to remember what it was like to have Walton call games? He was the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard. Instead of talking about the game, he would reminesce about his playing days. He managed to turn every discussion back to talking about himself. Other time, he would not comment on the game, but just babble about stuff in his life or that happened off the court or some lame story while the game was going on. Pure Hell.
    In all honesty as part of a trio he would be great. You're right that he wasn't the best at providing insights but a lot of these others guys are putting out redundant information. I don't need to hear shit like "oof that's a tough shot" and other meaningless statements.

Doris is OK. But out of the current crop I'd prefer a version of Jeff VanGundy where he's not getting up on a soapbox every other possession about something or other that grinds his gears.

I assumed when I read it, this was some kind of joke.

Are any of you old enough to remember what it was like to have Walton call games? He was the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard. Instead of talking about the game, he would reminesce about his playing days. He managed to turn every discussion back to talking about himself. Other time, he would not comment on the game, but just babble about stuff in his life or that happened off the court or some lame story while the game was going on. Pure Hell.

It's funny, none of the NBA broadcasters really bother me, but I seem to dislike the majority of NFL ones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

wtf?
    I agree w/ dood, prom. Breen is bland... trying to find his catch phrase... BANG!! Harlan is just like Marv Albert Lite. Also agree w/ Bill Walton, but you need a really good play by play to have him as color. Someone who knows when to react to his wild antics and when to continue calling the game.

GET A REBOUND. I dunno, Bill just brings something different. They need less of a blueprint and more diff people. That's why inside the nba is a hit despite there not really being an amazing analyst (sry KENNY! UR DREAMS,) cuz it's a collection of colorful personalities. They need that. Doris is colorful, imo, but all yall kids prol been playing too much 2k with the volume on.

She's def solid and I would never complain: college, nba, night on the town, I'm down for w/e.

Van Gundy is bordering on being a genius IMO. It might seem like he's saying random stuff, but he's not. He def has strong opinions on the game, which I also like, but it's not smiled upon. He'll criticize, or used to, calls, or act like the game is called diff at diff points. And everyone else is like ARE YOU IMPLYING THE NBA IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH FOUL CALLS?! And he's like ".... uhhh yeah."

Jackson is a bum imo. Reggie is cool.

I came here expecting a pic of Doris Burke WET.

Bill walton kinda senile now, haha, but in his prime, cmon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujlors5-nRw lol not in his prime, but I'm ded.

This is the walton we talk about when we're not trolling:

https://youtu.be/vX8-jgj_s1A?t=380

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 05-11-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post

Ha exactly. This time he's trying to sound sophisticated; other rambles don't even make the attempt. Worst part is he's sober somehow. I have to be 5 drinks in before im comparing to boris diaw and beethoven, and even then only on eating habits.

Ha exactly. This time he's trying to sound sophisticated; other rambles don't even make the attempt. Worst part is he's sober somehow. I have to be 5 drinks in before im comparing to boris diaw and beethoven, and even then only on eating habits.

Dude is obviously clowning around.

"Robert Sarver....with the vision to SOMEHOW aquire Boris Diaw" C'mon if you can't tell that is deliberate hyperbole you have no sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    I came here expecting a pic of Doris Burke WET.
    Same here. Was disappointed to find that was not the case as I would have gladly offered my services as her personal towelboy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I think its Ian Eagle whose been trying to be very hip with his catchphrases and commenting lately.

It feels forced and weird.

Kevin Harlan, Bill Walton and Marv Albert are the GOATs.
    Eagle/Jim Jackson is a great pairing.

Mark Jones is the WOAT with the forced catchphrases..."oh, took his cornbread!" "Oh, he's in his bag like there's fries at the bottom!" He's insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Eagle/Jim Jackson is a great pairing.

Mark Jones is the WOAT with the forced catchphrases..."oh, took his cornbread!" "Oh, he's in his bag like there's fries at the bottom!" He's insufferable.

just now he called mid range shot a "middie" and then did the "in the air so long they should have done a movie on it" or whatever tf that is

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    just now he called mid range shot a "middie" and then did the "in the air so long they should have done a movie on it" or whatever tf that is