Local High School Star

Default Is politics now tribal? Forever divided?

I only started paying attention to politics more recently as I wondered what ruined the west...

I remember the 80s/90s seemed more cerebral. Debates with logic and manners.

Now it seems tribal with acolytes and cult like narrow thinking.

I believe the Biden voters who do not see the damage inflicted upon the U.S.A to be deranged also.

I have given up debating topics of gender identity and other nonsense. Climate change debates would be good in theory but are corrupted by agendas and the impossibility to prove one side almost like a debate over whether God exists... worse, the insane left won't or can't seehow destructive they are long term.

So, when did politics become so tribal? Can we ever return to intelligent debate?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Is politics now tribal? Forever divided?

it really started with Ronald Regan ---

stating 'there you go again'
    then preceded to do exactly what he said he would not do at the end of his term.
    Bipartisan was killed , and from that day forward it was :

I have stated we need a third party to break this crap up , let the people control the big business government .
    Until then no bipartisan will ever happen.

and guys like Trump will try to fracture our people to divisions we will never have seen.
    it is quite sad , I won't talk with you cause you act liberal ... your to conservative you don't believe this ... all crap.
    I've had friends that lost friends because of this.... pretty dam sad politics control peoples lives.
    Last edited by Jasper; 05-15-2023 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    I only started paying attention to politics more recently as I wondered what ruined the west...

I remember the 80s/90s seemed more cerebral. Debates with logic and manners.

Now it seems tribal with acolytes and cult like narrow thinking.

I believe the Biden voters who do not see the damage inflicted upon the U.S.A to be deranged also.

I have given up debating topics of gender identity and other nonsense. Climate change debates would be good in theory but are corrupted by agendas and the impossibility to prove one side almost like a debate over whether God exists... worse, the insane left won't or can't seehow destructive they are long term.

So, when did politics become so tribal? Can we ever return to intelligent debate?
    You only acknowledge your Nazi brothers on ish. You tell us.

Well, there are only 2 choices in America, both are bad in different ways.

But at least there are choices unlike Russia or North Korea