Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Default Gas station Clerk Behind Safeglass locks in angry customer who says he will kill if….

Customer gets in argument with gas station clerk over $4 and pulls out gun.Gas station clerk uses button to lock all the doors. 3 other customers are locked inside with angry customer. He tells the clerk if he doesn’t let him out right now he will shoot the other random customers in the gas station. Random customers hear this and panic and bang on safeglass begging the clerk to just let them out. Gas station clerk calls his bluff knowing that he can’t be hurt. Angry customer shoots all 3 customers killing one.

What should happen to the gas station employee who was behind bulletproof glass?

Default Re: Gas station Clerk Behind Safeglass locks in angry customer who says he will kill

He could be liable but in his defense there are things to consider. Like how much time passed after the threat was made and the gunman shooting everybody. From what I read it seemed like it happened quick and after another customer provoked the gunman by saying "man he ain't gonna shoot us".

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Gas station Clerk Behind Safeglass locks in angry customer who says he will kill

Nothing should happen to the employee. The only one responsible is the person who pulled the trigger.

This dude really opened fire on random people and killed somebody over $4. And I agree with the guy in the video, the clerk should be held responsible, you can't just lock innocent people into your store during a dangerous situation like that. The shooter is obv ultimately at fault, but the clerks refusal to let the other people leave the store absolutely factored into them getting shot and one of them getting killed.

The clerk should be charged with holding people against their will or something.

But obviously the gunman is at fault for the shooting and loss of life.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Nothing should happen to the employee. The only one responsible is the person who pulled the trigger.
    this is true ...
    but the people that were shot and survived , how do they sue a guy that shot them over $4 ??
    Do they split 3 dollars..

The guy that pulled the trigger should be hung... put him in a court yard and let him swing so others know it should not be done

What about the guy that was killed ... his family sues' for the other dollar ?

Awful take

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Awful take
    You're not understanding. The shooter is who caused the clerk to lock the doors in the first place. Everything in life has a beginning. A spark that leads to every action henceforth. The clerk does not lock the doors if the shooter does not decide to try and rob the place.

This mentality of blaming innocent people and not the actual perpetrator has got to stop.

You're not understanding. The shooter is who caused the clerk to lock the doors in the first place. Everything in life has a beginning. A spark that leads to every action henceforth. The clerk does not lock the doors if the shooter does not decide to try and rob the place.

This mentality of blaming innocent people and not the actual perpetrator has got to stop.
    you're exactly the type of coward to lock people inside a building with an active shooter, just like that cashier. just because the shooter decided to rob a place with a gun, doesn't mean you have to make bad decisions as well. don't take people's freedom away in a situation that can result in a loss of life. like mrfonz said, awful take.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you're exactly the type of coward to lock people inside a building with an active shooter, just like that cashier. just because the shooter decided to rob a place with a gun, doesn't mean you have to make bad decisions as well. don't take people's freedom away in a situation that can result in a loss of life. like mrfonz said, awful take.
    But bad decisions, incorrect decisions, and mistakes are always made in life. You guys are living in a black and white mentality and that's why you're getting angry with what I've said to the point of insulting me. You're too addicted to pointing the finger at someone and destroying them and not realizing that none of us knows what we would have done in the same situation.

I reiterate, we make mistakes on a daily basis. Some mistakes are miniscule, and some mistakes lead to tragedies. But I stand by my point that the gunman is the one who started this chain reaction of events. Without the gunman in this scenario, we would not be talking about this story today. Actions have consequences. The gunman is the one who decided to take those people's freedom away that day, not the clerk. In my opinion, your take is the awful one. But I digress.

But bad decisions, incorrect decisions, and mistakes are always made in life. You guys are living in a black and white mentality and that's why you're getting angry with what I've said to the point of insulting me. You're too addicted to pointing the finger at someone and destroying them and not realizing that none of us knows what we would have done in the same situation.

I reiterate, we make mistakes on a daily basis. Some mistakes are miniscule, and some mistakes lead to tragedies. But I stand by my point that the gunman is the one who started this chain reaction of events. Without the gunman in this scenario, we would not be talking about this story today. Actions have consequences. The gunman is the one who decided to take those people's freedom away that day, not the clerk. In my opinion, your take is the awful one. But I digress.
    wth. no one is arguing the gunman started this and is the most culpable. literally no one. you're arguing a tangential point that no one else seems to be opposing. the cashier was apparently at no risk for himself...but locking in the customers put them at even greater risk. it's a demonstration of selfishness and cowardice because he was protected behind the glass. he's partially responsible for the death and injuries. whether he receives criminal charges or not will be up to the discretion of the AG, but at a minimum a tort lawsuit is incoming.

Yet another thread proving Gastrick Chewing is a terrible person.
    Last edited by SATAN; 05-14-2023 at 03:46 AM.

Damn, thats like a real life installment of Saw.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    wth. no one is arguing the gunman started this and is the most culpable. literally no one. you're arguing a tangential point that no one else seems to be opposing. the cashier was apparently at no risk for himself...but locking in the customers put them at even greater risk. it's a demonstration of selfishness and cowardice because he was protected behind the glass. he's partially responsible for the death and injuries. whether he receives criminal charges or not will be up to the discretion of the AG, but at a minimum a tort lawsuit is incoming.
    You understand the law almost as poorly as you do women.

This guy sacrificed others lives just because he knew he was safe. Sounds like the government sending soldiers out to war, except soldiers signed up for it and these random dudes did not. Sad situation, the clerk is the average guy willing to let others die as long as he was fine.