Dunking on everybody in the park

Default So, Jokic was 2-12 (16,7 %) with 3 TO's when guarded by Bron! 80% vs anyone else...

Link: https://twitter.com/ProvideContext/s...12381699805189

The issue with Bron guarding their best guy is that he can't keep it up in defense and carrying all the load offensively too at the end of the games due to being exhausted.

Since AD is sleeping in the paint and mostly guarding Gordon, their least offensive threat, i don't get why he can't give us more offensively...

Not gonna expect anything from D'Lo (1-9), Schroder, Vand, Lonnie and the rest of dnp's. Can only count on Reeves and Rui sadly.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: So, Jokic was 2-12 (16,7 %) with 3 TO's when guarded by Bron! 80% vs anyone else.

It was simply Jokic missing many shots he usually makes. The defense on him wes good in game 2. In game 3 it was not good defense at all. It was Jokic having a bad game and missing. He still had 9-19 from the field due to his good 4th quarter which is 'okay' especially putting the game awax when it needed to be put away. But Jokic had a bad game altogether. Unforced turnovers, lack of rebounding and missing very easy shots. I doubt it will happen again. But it was not LeBron's great defense in game 3. In game 2, the defense on Jokic was better.

Default Re: So, Jokic was 2-12 (16,7 %) with 3 TO's when guarded by Bron! 80% vs anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    It was simply Jokic missing many shots he usually makes. The defense on him wes good in game 2. In game 3 it was not good defense at all. It was Jokic having a bad game and missing. He still had 9-19 from the field due to his good 4th quarter which is 'okay' especially putting the game awax when it needed to be put away. But Jokic had a bad game altogether. Unforced turnovers, lack of rebounding and missing very easy shots. I doubt it will happen again. But it was not LeBron's great defense in game 3. In game 2, the defense on Jokic was better.
    I don't know where this number came from, but in game 2 Windhorst said Jokic was 0-5 with 3 TO's when Bron was on him. I watched the games, i actually felt for once that Bron gave alot of effort on defense these last 2 games. It wasn't just Jokic missing, i mean he was 80% when everyone else was on him so it's not like he was having a bad night, just someone defending him better...

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    I don't know where this number came from, but in game 2 Windhorst said Jokic was 0-5 with 3 TO's when Bron was on him. I watched the games, i actually felt for once that Bron gave alot of effort on defense these last 2 games. It wasn't just Jokic missing, i mean he was 80% when everyone else was on him so it's not like he was having a bad night, just someone defending him better...
    I watched the games, too. Each one of the first three games twice. One time live and the next day again to be able to analyze better than the first time being cought up in the action.

I doubt Jokic will have another game as bad as he was the 1st 3 quarters of game 3. It wasn't just missing shots: His rebounding was nowhere to be seen, he had uncharacteristic turnovers, his defense was a lot worse than is games 1&2, etc. It was just an all-around bad effort. If you watch game 3 again, you ill be amazed how easy-looking shots he normally makes were short. Missed by 6 inches. He had a bad game.

LeBron and Hachimura are still doing a better job on the Joker than AD. That I agree with. Especially in a double team with one player fronting him denying him the ball. So both LeBron and Rui had very good defense (but better in game 2 than game 3). Still, it could've easily been another 30+ point game for Jokic, had he played an 'average' game.

College superstar

Lol, this is all that's important to the OP, the self-proclaimed "Lakers fan".

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    Well it's a basketball forum, so idk what you expect and btw i'm fine losing to the Nuggets, number 1 seed and coming that far People said we wouldn't even make it into the playoffs, so its been a big success. It was already a miracle making the conf finals with those rookies who got put tght 2 months ago and having crushed the number 2 and defending champs.

I just find it's sad that our 38yr old guy is asked to be the best offensively (well he does have the best ppg in these playoffs for us) and is doing the best defensive job against the best player of the opposing team, while the others are just out there doing who the hell knows what.

Rui and Reeves are playing great, but i do have a problem with the rest of the team. So, AD, our only center is not guarding Jokic and is on Gordon? Their least offensive threat? If he was shutting down Murray i'd understand or giving Denver trouble at the rim, fine, but he's not and is not giving us what he should offensively knowing he has 0 energy spent on defensive tasks...

And btw just look at the first page, 90% of them are Lebrons haters talking about the Lakers, you guys are more triggered than any Laker fan about the outcome. Like chill down, stop obsessing about a 38yr old male
    Last edited by Nb1; 05-22-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Good High School Starter Chuckbe's Avatar

Well it's a basketball forum, so idk what you expect and btw i'm fine losing to the Nuggets, number 1 seed and coming that far People said we wouldn't even make it into the playoffs, so its been a big success. It was already a miracle making the conf finals with those rookies who got put tght 2 months ago and having crushed the number 2 and defending champs.

I just find it's sad that our 38yr old guy is asked to be the best offensively (well he does have the best ppg in these playoffs for us) and is doing the best defensive job against the best player of the opposing team, while the others are just out there doing who the hell knows what.

Rui and Reeves are playing great, but i do have a problem with the rest of the team. So, AD, our only center is not guarding Jokic and is on Gordon? Their least offensive threat? If he was shutting down Murray i'd understand or giving Denver trouble at the rim, fine, but he's not and is not giving us what he should offensively knowing he has 0 energy spent on defensive tasks...

And btw just look at the first page, 90% of them are Lebrons haters talking about the Lakers, you guys are more triggered than any Laker fan about the outcome. Like chill down, stop obsessing about a 38yr old male
    the rest out there doing who the hell knows what?

dude that team is in the western conference finals, they're doing stuff no matter how hard bron stains say they aren't. You finally are playing a team that is good, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    the rest out there doing who the hell knows what?

dude that team is in the western conference finals, they're doing stuff no matter how hard bron stains say they aren't. You finally are playing a team that is good, that's the problem.
    Well:
    -Vanderbuilt is supposed to shut down Murray, yet Murray is going off like there's no tomorrow and on defense, the Nuggets guard the Lakers 5 on 4 because Van can't give you 1 bucket.
    -Lonnie: 2-6, then 1-3 then 2-5 in 20min while not defending well
    -D'Lo 1-8 at home, with him we were -40 (prob -60 now) and without +30
    -Schrod: 6 pts, 4 pts, 5 pts in 30min while getting obliterated on defense
    -Davis great first game offensively, good last game offensively but has been a no show on defense and he's guarding mostly Gordon who is their worst offensive player?
    -the rest have been a no show and haven't barely played

So, yeah other than Bron (best ppg and asstpg of the team and only guy that seem to be able to defend their best player (Jokic was 80% with the rest), but which kills him late in the game due to 0 energy), Rui and Reeves, the rest is doing what? Please tell me? They've been terrible and have almost 0 contribution...
    Last edited by Nb1; 05-22-2023 at 03:30 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Anthony Davis is averaging 29/14/3 on elite efficiency (62TS / 122 ORTG) with 3 blocks and a steal per game in the Denver LA series.

I just find it's sad that our 38yr old guy is asked to be the best offensively

AD is averaging more points per game on way better efficiency than Lebron and is also their best defensive player in this series.

You aren't living in reality.

Prol a misleading stat but ya boy said If hachi isn’t bbq that Bron should be primary on jokic and if they cancel each other out o well. Too late now. All we got is this meaningless stat. Bill Simmons is also right that he can get away with more. It’s logical. What we think jokic is gonna hurt Bron??

Shud at least have done it more. Two coaches got exposed imo.

-Smak