Default How big of hit does Spo's legacy take if he blows a 3-0 lead?

He's already 2-3 in the Finals and blowing a 3-0 lead would be detrimental.

Default Re: How big of hit does Spo's legacy take if he blows a 3-0 lead?

None. His legacy gets a boost if anything for getting this roster to where they are in the first place and winning 3 games.

Butler, soft ass Bam and a bunch of random loose part, old, and mostly undrafted role players. Injury plagued team on top of that.

he got pretty close to beating the #2 seed AND the refs in the same series. he overachieved.

Spo is teflon for some reason. Doc would be getting death threats rn.

Not sure Spo has a legacy lol.

But if he does it's just gonna be a red mark. Like how Phil Jackson failed with the Knicks. Doesn't really affect much.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Spo is teflon for some reason. Doc would be getting death threats rn.
    firing Doc makes the owner look bad, because he'll most likely be in a position of I told you so.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

They weren't supposed to be here in the first place. And they aren't at full strength.

Heat have been playing 8 vs 5 all series. Tough to beat the other team with 3 extra guys - though Boston has gotten that their entire postseason, so its not just the Heat who have had to deal with it.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

It will look bad in the history books but when you actually knew how they had 0% chance or atleast nobody would bet a penny they would go this far. One game from reaching the finals, all props.

I mean, they gave his team a 3% chance to win the series. Celtics were favored in this game. They were an 8th seed who were supposed to lose in the 1st round. One of their starters is out for the Playoffs and there have been injuries to a team that's already lacking in depth in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    He's already 2-3 in the Finals and blowing a 3-0 lead would be detrimental.
    that last play was like the one where Ray ray hit the 3 from the corner, you always wonder why you don't put in rebounders haha. It's like dudes don't think there will be a rebound. So that's a problem, but honestly Heat are just not good enough + they are missing Herro (which I legit forgot cuz I don't watch NBA til they showed dood.) They have no biz being there. And if they weren't imbeciles, they probably would be in finals atm...

Bam... not good enough RIP. Jimmy... not really that guy, and forcing him to be that guy sux. He can be that guy in spurts, tho. V rare for a team without a true star to win and yes tatum is a true star even tho he's a hotdog dookie. Mia is playing way above their head. Cs were playing down. I think .1 sec away from 8 seed nba finals is amazing. I certainly didn't think the Heat would be there.

They shouldn't have been up 3-0 and it goes to show how Boston can fail in games they aren't banging ridic threes. Boston is a flawed team, but the Heat don't have the ability to exploit them cuz not enough talent. I think all those 3s they made were GOOD SHOTS, but that it was kind of bg that they didn't establish leaders and used them as passers all game, esp bam.

The whole game was Cs bricking and getting reb, people throwing themselves at rim to get foul, and Mia making a way higher percentage of 3s than they should have (but regressing to the mean, they were the ones who died by 3.)

The NBA is in a rut. This is dog shit basketball, all year. lol Bucks got scraped in r1. People should boycott finals... this is not an acceptable product. BOYCOTT!!

If the guy was even GUARDING white in the corner, let alone trying to keep a body on him, dude would have not tipped it.

That was def an 'epic fail,' but not sure you can blame Spo, except that I would have liked to see them put another person who can rebound since they were getting killed on boards all game and are already undersized.

-Smak