Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Default Water is overrated. Milk, OJ and in some cases light beer is better for hydration

We have always been told that water is the best for hydration except for electrolyte based drinks. That may be the case if you have a steady supply of it. But if you are really thirsty and only have a couple of bottles at your disposal, milk by far is more hydrating than water. Also juices, and even light beer can be more hydrating than water if you only had a small amount of liquid to chose from.

Water is always best for thirsty people is lie.

This public announcement has been brought to you by the Insidehoops Self Betterment Society

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Water is overrated. Milk, OJ and in some cases light beer is better for hydration

I have a source that makes the best maple syrup.
    ice cold mug , ice water and 1 teaspoon of syrup, makes my new drink

Default Re: Water is overrated. Milk, OJ and in some cases light beer is better for hydration

Milk is a phenomenal choice as long as it is RAW and sourced from high quality cows at a high quality farm.

Raw milk is LOADED with fat soluble (easily accessable) vitamins and minerals (A, B2/B6/B9/B12, D, E, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, CLA, Omega 3... etc), its got tons of beneficial bacteria, its packed with easily accessable protein, it stimulates the production of growth hormones, it has enzymes that help the digestion and utilization of proteins/fats/nutrients, as well as the lactase enzyme which is destroyed during pasteurization and makes milk much easier to digest (many "lactose intolerant" people can drink raw milk without any problems)... truly the GOAT sports drink.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-07-2023 at 02:24 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Milk makes you feel bloated don't it?

If u was doing physical activity and drunk a gallon of milk to hydrate myself ill probably throw up

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Milk makes you feel bloated don't it?

If u was doing physical activity and drunk a gallon of milk to hydrate myself ill probably throw up

if you are doing physical activity why would you drink a gallon of any liquid? a gallon of water weighs 8 lbs, do you regularly drink 8 lbs of liquid while you are working out?

Are we talking hydration or nutrients?

You realize our body's require oxygen and hydrogen right? I think your views on water is misguided. Our body is 60% water and it needs to be maintained to sustain life. Lol, all kinds of wrong in this statement

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Are we talking hydration or nutrients?

You realize our body's require oxygen and hydrogen right? I think your views on water is misguided. Our body is 60% water and it needs to be maintained to sustain life. Lol, all kinds of wrong in this statement
    our bodies require "hydrogen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Milk is a phenomenal choice as long as it is RAW and sourced from high quality cows at a high quality farm.

Raw milk is LOADED with fat soluble (easily accessable) vitamins and minerals (A, B2/B6/B9/B12, D, E, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, CLA, Omega 3... etc), its got tons of beneficial bacteria, its packed with easily accessable protein, it stimulates the production of growth hormones, it has enzymes that help the digestion and utilization of proteins/fats/nutrients, as well as the lactase enzyme which is destroyed during pasteurization and makes milk much easier to digest (many "lactose intolerant" people can drink raw milk without any problems)... truly the GOAT sports drink.
    I'd rely on other sources for said nutrients. Humans are the only species that relies on another mammals milk. Not really ideal. All the things you said can be acquired from coconut milk and you're not consuming some of the byproducts from animal milk such as pus and harmful bacteria.

our bodies require "hydrogen"?
    In small amounts from water yes it does. It regulates the abitly to process energy in the mitochondria

Our bodies retain hydrogen for cellular support

I'd rely on other sources for said nutrients. Humans are the only species that relies on another mammals milk. Not really ideal. All the things you said can be acquired from coconut milk and you're not consuming some of the byproducts from animal milk such as pus and harmful bacteria.
    dont you work for GNC? go ahead and swallow your vitamin pills instead of drinking raw milk if that tickles your fancy you tiny pinoy...btw speaking of things that only humans do, humans are the only species that consume their vitamins in pill form from GNC

I fucking love coconuts and one of my top 5 favorite foods on this entire planet is SE asian baby coconut flesh/milk, but the reality is that coconut milk doesnt come remotely close to having the available vitamins/minerals/enzymes/proteins that raw milk has... and thats especially true for any coconut milk that is not raw (has undergone any sort of processing for long range transport).
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-07-2023 at 12:51 PM.

In small amounts from water yes it does. It regulates the abitly to process energy in the mitochondria

Our bodies retain hydrogen for cellular support

sure our bodies use hydrogen... that said show me a single person in all of human history who has ever died from a hydrogen deficiency

dont you work for GNC? go ahead and swallow vitamin pills if that tickles your fancy you tiny pinoy...btw speaking of things that only humans do, humans are the only species that consume their vitamins in pill form from GNC

I fucking love coconuts and one of my top 5 favorite foods on this entire planet is SE asian baby coconut flesh/milk, but the reality is that coconut milk doesnt come remotely close to having the available vitamins/minerals/enzymes/proteins that raw milk has... and thats especially true for any coconut milk that is not raw (has undergone any sort of processing for long range transport).
    Lol, I saw this coming from a mile away.

When have I ever said take pills to rely on nutrients? Your GNC thing is getting really old. I've always promoted healthy eating over supplements...and I own my own supplement company

Back to what I said...You're promoting something that isn't viable in nature and not designed for human consumption vs. Something put on earth designed to sustain life for all. But sure..go ahead and promote drinking animal pus. I'll stick to healthy fruits which has more benefits to the human body

sure our bodies use hydrogen... that said show me a single person in all of human history who has ever died from a hydrogen deficiency
    Because we use enough through water and it benefits the body in multiple ways? Most humans on earth are deficient in some aspect but they are not dying from it either. You're reaching now because your ego wants to dispell me rather than actual taking in solid advice. Meaning no matter what I say you're going to refute it. I said the body needs water. Now you're trying to deny me by focusing on the thing you know least about. But have at it. I get paid to be in the nutrtion industry. Use your Google to tell us about being healthy lol

If we want to go further in the milk vs water debate.. the saturated fat in milk can lead to risks in cardiovascular and brain diseases as well as increase risks in cancer. A high amount of humans cannot even process lactose which can lead to gastrointestinal problems. Water has no potential bad side effects. Other than drowning in it! Lol.

But hey....let's just try and help people instead of insulting someone for trying to help others with their basic knowledge