Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Why I don't blame Pippen for his views on Jordan and the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Lol. Look at how Jordan is treating Isiah Thomas. He ended his friendship with Charles Barkley because Barkely said he had to many yes men around him. He called Isiah Thomas and "A" hole. Over something that happened in 1985? Jordan ain't never took the high road when it comes to handling people that he feels wronged him.
    Yeah, and how did Chuck handle it? Chuck is like the coolest to handle it. Not saying MJ is right. He is an asshole. But the drama Pippen created is just a complete overreaction, considering that supposedly he had the most important legacy to keep with that Bulls team. Isiah has been standing his ground as well. He talks more than Chuck but still not every remotely close to how Pippen reacted.

The reason why you don't blame him is, because you're a Pippen-homer.

Why does he keep raving about one line in a 10 piece documentary that actually praised him? Pippen is a whiny pos. So is Isiah and Jordan is a psycho. Nobody came out of this as some sort of good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    The reason why you don't blame him is, because you're a Pippen-homer.

Why does he keep raving about one line in a 10 piece documentary that actually praised him? Pippen is a whiny pos. So is Isiah and Jordan is a psycho. Nobody came out of this as some sort of good guy.
    For the same reason Jordan won't let that Pistons situation in 91, NINETEEN-NINTY FRIGGING ONE!!!!! Over 30 years ago, go. He's asked about his views. Should he lie? And all Thomas did was not shake his hand.

Now, let me ask you a couple questions.

Was Scottie Pippen stabbed in the back by Jordan and the management?

Why hasn't anyone ever stated that Jordan needs to get over his feeling towards the Pistons?

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    Yeah, and how did Chuck handle it? Chuck is like the coolest to handle it. Not saying MJ is right. He is an asshole. But the drama Pippen created is just a complete overreaction, considering that supposedly he had the most important legacy to keep with that Bulls team. Isiah has been standing his ground as well. He talks more than Chuck but still not every remotely close to how Pippen reacted.
    Hold up, how did Pippen create the drama when it's Jordan that decided to air out all his teammates dirty laundry and insult Pippen? In my honest opinion, I think Jordan was salty when Pippen started saying that Lebron James may be the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
    Lost respect for Scottie in how he’s handled everything. Haven’t watched any of his highlights since and no longer planning to.
    Did you lose any respect for Jordan?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs87P...RlODBiNWFlZA==

This video recaps Pippen's role in a tight game 1 win vs. the Jazz in the 97 Finals. Pippen is playing this championship series on a foot that needed surgery. A bunch of so-called Bulls fans and Jordanaires have gone out of their way to call Pippen "soft" and a "bum." Jordan called him selfish for opting to have surgery during the season. Pippen gave his heart and soul this series as he did the previous 4 championships. Only to find out that Krause was trying to trade him. Absolutely no loyalty. Then, his so-called friend Jordan, knowing all that had happened, calls him selfish in that Jordanmentary called the last dance.

Pippen was disrespected by the Bulls organization, the fans, and most of all Michael Jordan. I'd say eff them too.
    This is what happened with Kobe and Shaq too. Shaq said that he got hurt on company time, and he'll heal on company time. He didn't start to rehab until during the season. This pissed Kobe off. But nobody can deny Shaq's talent and wanting to win when the playoffs started. It's just he didn't have the drive that Kobe had.

As far as Pippen is concerned, he feels disrespected. Some of the stuff is self-inflicted. His whole contract was his fault. Him not wanting to be in the game when Phil drew up the play for Kukoc is his fault. And him calling Phil a racist for it, lol. Not saying Phil isn't or is a racist, but you gotta give proof than Phil not wanting to give you the last shot. And how can you be all about team play when you get upset over that? And the whole thing about him feeling disrespected by MJ seems like he wants more credit. Some analysts say he wants more credit than he deserved.

There are some legit points to him explaining that the Bulls were more than just the MJ one man show. They were a great team. Down from the coaching to the players. MJ was the main dude of course, but you couldn't discount the other guys. I feel the doc was solid at it showing it, but it didn't show everything of course. But it did show MJ being an asshole. Any hardcore hooper would've known that. Pippen felt like they won despite MJ being an asshole. In his book, he showed some times where they succeeded without MJ. And that's great. But it doesn't change the fact that they were almost always better with MJ. Once the team got better, that impact was less and it wasn't MJ carrying them anymore. At least not as much. It was the team itself was well coached, knew their roles, they were the best in their time at executing on both ends of the floor.

I don't think Pippen is handling this the right way if he wants ppl to come to his side. He comes across as whiny and jealous. Some would it's more personal because of what is happening outside of the court and he isn't in the right space. Hardly any of the media talking heads are going to his side publicly and saying he is crazy. But, if he wants attention and money, I guess that is one way. He is doing so by burning some bridges.

One thing it definitely shows, is that team was going through a lot of inner problems. Lots of egos. And they still manage to get things done.

So what should he have done? Just get bashed by his so-called teammate and friend? And then, fllw that up with all these Jordan fans is fans bash him in the media?
    Jordan created a documentary about himself and went ahead and shat on Pippen in a year Jordan didn't even play in 1994.

That's a knife in the back to an old friend.

Kyrie "slighted" Bron in 2017 when he bounced from Cleveland and the two of them practically love each other to death. It's weird.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 06-03-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Hold up, how did Pippen create the drama when it's Jordan that decided to air out all his teammates dirty laundry and insult Pippen? In my honest opinion, I think Jordan was salty when Pippen started saying that Lebron James may be the GOAT.
    Pippen has been all over the place with his take on LeBron vs MJ, from saying that LeBron was the GOAT all around player to saying that there isn't a game he would choose LeBron over MJ if he absolutely had to win one game. It's hard to take someone seriously when you're all over the place on a pretty simple question (it's totally subjective and at the end of the day, it's your opinion)...Ray Ray on the other hand who played against past his prime MJ and with and against LeBron has been consistent on his view that MJ is the GOAT.

7-time NBA All-Star

Did you lose any respect for Jordan?

Jordan did nothing wrong - he was hard on teammates because they were single-digit rookies that needed a ton of development and not the franchise players or HOF's that every other great player was gifted.

And Jordan hates Isiah because he was the ringleader of the physical attacks on Jordan - show me where Bill Russell or Hakeem said their objective was to hurt Wilt or Shaq everytime they caught the ball in the paint - here's Salley and Rodman saying the objective was to hurt Jordan..

And Pippen wasn't a franchise player like Barkley or Embiid - he was a supplementary player like Klay.. Can you imagine Klay saying that Curry was horrible and Klay that was the driving force behind the titles?.. It's looney tunes stuff.. Pippen is literally a nutjob and it's amazing that MJ led a meltdown machine and supplementary player to 6 titles..

Pippen had a one-off season after inheriting a 3-peat dynasty but he could never grow a team from scratch like Embiid, Giannis, Jordan, or Lebron (franchise players).. History shows that any team with Pippen as the best scorer will fall out of contention quickly due to lack of talent, even a 3-peat dynasty like we saw in 95'.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 06-03-2023 at 04:56 PM.

For the same reason Jordan won't let that Pistons situation in 91, NINETEEN-NINTY FRIGGING ONE!!!!! Over 30 years ago, go. He's asked about his views. Should he lie? And all Thomas did was not shake his hand.

Now, let me ask you a couple questions.

Was Scottie Pippen stabbed in the back by Jordan and the management?

Why hasn't anyone ever stated that Jordan needs to get over his feeling towards the Pistons?
    What about calling Jordan a psycho suggests that I think the grudges he holds aren't pitiful?

Jordan is a dickhead. But Pippen needs to be the bigger man. Jordan acknowledged his contributions in the last dance.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Jordan and the ones making the film diminished Pippen by mentioning how ontough he was and also the migrane game. The film was dedicated to the 97 Bulls not Jordan but the whole team. What they mentioned every fan or anyone interested in basketball already knew. Jordan showed lack of goodness and disrespected Pippen with his iluminati crew. End of story

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    This is what happened with Kobe and Shaq too. Shaq said that he got hurt on company time, and he'll heal on company time. He didn't start to rehab until during the season. This pissed Kobe off. But nobody can deny Shaq's talent and wanting to win when the playoffs started. It's just he didn't have the drive that Kobe had.
    I dont think its similar. According to Pippen, he felt disrespected and thus wasn't gonna go above and beyond for an organization that wasn't going above and beyond for him. How this doesn't make sense is beyond me. I said before, Pippen had no more obligation to have the surgery and rehab in the offseason than the Bulls had the obligation to redo his contract. But people somehow see Pippen as the bad guy. Including Jordan. Jordan could have stated something along the lines that he wished Pippen had the surgery and rehabbed in the offseason, but under the circumstances, you know, playing on that injured foot, the team not wanting to renegotiate his contract, the trade talk for a player that had been loyal, he understood. Jordan sided with management.

As far as Pippen is concerned, he feels disrespected. Some of the stuff is self-inflicted. His whole contract was his fault. Him not wanting to be in the game when Phil drew up the play for Kukoc is his fault. And him calling Phil a racist for it, lol. Not saying Phil isn't or is a racist, but you gotta give proof than Phil not wanting to give you the last shot. And how can you be all about team play when you get upset over that? And the whole thing about him feeling disrespected by MJ seems like he wants more credit. Some analysts say he wants more credit than he deserved.
    See, I just can't vibe with this double standard. Why is Pippen obligated to take the high road in every situation? The Bulls weren't obligated to redo his contract and he wasn't obligated to have surgery on his free time. But Pippen is the only one wrong? Many players have called Jackson a racist. Robert Horry, Kwame Brown to name a few. I agree Pippen's decision to not go back in the game was the wrong l, but I see why he did it. I would have been hurt if the coach I've been in the trenches with, and know what I've been able to do and what I've contributed to 3 championships, draws up the final play for the rookie. But again, Jordan sided with management here. He once again felt that Pippen should've stayed quiet. And you question him being a team player? How is this for a team player? Toni Kukoc comes in as Pippens replacement, Jerry Krauses boy. Hes signed for more money than Pippen was making even though Pippens proven his worth. Pippen has the option to treat him a certain way. But instead, Pippen TAKES KUKOC UNDER HIS WING. He never was mean to Kukoc.

There are some legit points to him explaining that the Bulls were more than just the MJ one man show. They were a great team. Down from the coaching to the players. MJ was the main dude of course, but you couldn't discount the other guys. I feel the doc was solid at it showing it, but it didn't show everything of course. But it did show MJ being an asshole. Any hardcore hooper would've known that. Pippen felt like they won despite MJ being an asshole. In his book, he showed some times where they succeeded without MJ. And that's great. But it doesn't change the fact that they were almost always better with MJ. Once the team got better, that impact was less and it wasn't MJ carrying them anymore. At least not as much. It was the team itself was well coached, knew their roles, they were the best in their time at executing on both ends of the floor.
    What Jordan did in that documentary was explain away his being an asshole to his teammates. All under the guise that he wanted to win sooooo bad. The key moments he allowed in there were all a way to bring tribute to him. He intentionally left out anything the Bulls did that didn't bring glory to his name. Jordan even explained Pippen's taking over the team in 94 and 95 as more of Pippen having to see how hard he (Jordan) had it. SMH. More time was given to that 1.8 seconds situation than anything else.

dont think Pippen is handling this the right wayif he wants ppl to come to his side. He comes across as whiny and jealous. Some would it's more personal because of what is happening outside of the court and he isn't in the right space. Hardly any of the media talking heads are going to his side publicly and saying he is crazy. But, if he wants attention and money, I guess that is one way. He is doing so by burning some bridges.
    I keep hearing this. So how should he have handled it? Just take it on the chin? Nobody came to Pippens defense even months after the Last Dance outside of his teammates.
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 06-03-2023 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    What about calling Jordan a psycho suggests that I think the grudges he holds aren't pitiful?
    I asked you two specific questions bro. You answered neither.

7-time NBA All-Star

Many misperceptions itt, so let's look at the actual facts, video and data
    Last edited by 3ba11; 06-03-2023 at 08:57 PM.