Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Nuggets have a 0-4 record in the playoffs when Jokic scores 40+ points

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I think 4 of those 7 were against the Knicks. Not that they’re a trash team but clearly not on the same level as the other 3.
    So 3 were against the Bucks and Celtics, two vastly superior defensive teams to the Nuggets trash D

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Nuggets have a 0-4 record in the playoffs when Jokic scores 40+ points

Quote Originally Posted by Heat_chips View Post
    So 3 were against the Bucks and Celtics, two vastly superior defensive teams to the Nuggets trash D
    I just looked at it. Between the Bucks, Celtics, and Nuggets only 3 of their 9 wins have been with them shooting below 40%. The times they did it against the Bucks they shot 39% and 38% against the Celtics is was 35%.

I just looked at it. Between the Bucks, Celtics, and Nuggets only 3 of their 9 wins have been with them shooting below 40%. The times they did it against the Bucks they shot 39% and 38% against the Celtics is was 35%.
    2006 Mavericks = 60 wins (26-15 on the road)

2023 Nuggets = 53 wins (19-22 on the road)

If the 2006 Heat can beat the Mavs in the Finals, the current Heat can most certainly beat the nuggets who are atrocious defensively

You're also ignoring the fact the Heat have shot well since 20 games left in the season where the Heat shot 39% from 3 over those 20 games.. This did not begin when the playoff bell rung

People have said "it won't be sustainable" for 4 months now... yet the heat keep winning and doing it

NBA Superstar

2006 Mavericks = 60 wins (26-15 on the road)

2023 Nuggets = 53 wins (19-22 on the road)

If the 2006 Heat can beat the Mavs in the Finals, the current Heat can most certainly beat the nuggets who are atrocious defensively
    I don't understand your insistence that this is a comparable situation. It's really bizarre.

But anyway...the Heat will still probably shoot fine. Slowing the game down against the Nuggets is a good move. I don't expect Porter to be as horrible as he was in game 2 again.

It's fine. These things happen in a series. It's now the Nugget's turn to adjust (I.e just playing harder and with more urgency honestly) and I think they will be fine.

I mean the Heat COULD do it..

What's also funny is the Nuggets perimeter defense is far worse than the Bucks and Celtics perimeter defenses, leading to loads more open looks for the Heat.. If anything, that fact alone leans to being very sustainable for the Heats 3 pt shooting, and even better in some games

The nuggets have a drtg of 112 in the playoffs, tied with the heat.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

What's also funny is the Nuggets perimeter defense is far worse than the Bucks and Celtics perimeter defenses, leading to loads more open looks for the Heat.. If anything, that fact alone leans to being very sustainable for the Heats 3 pt shooting, and even better in some games
    Duncan Robinson was hitting contested 25+ footers vs Denver and couldn't make wide open clutch 3s vs the Celtics vaunted defense.

I like Miamis chances too, but the game is a dice roll and sometimes guys get hot for no reason against decent defense and can even go cold vs poor defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    The nuggets have a drtg of 112 in the playoffs, tied with the heat.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced
    In games 1 and 2 in Denver, nba analytics had the Heat with 57 wide open looks when including the whole court. There was no 2 game stretch in the playoffs where the Heat had more than 38 .. thats staggering !! the nuggets defense stinks. It was obvious to me when watching even game 1 that the Heat had loads of more open space on offense compared to the Bucks and Celtics series

The Heat will capitalize, the coaching staff is far too good

In games 1 and 2 in Denver, nba analytics had the Heat with 57 wide open looks when including the whole court. There was no 2 game stretch in the playoffs where the Heat had more than 38 .. thats staggering !! the nuggets defense stinks. It was obvious to me when watching even game 1 that the Heat had loads of more open space on offense compared to the Bucks and Celtics series

The Heat will capitalize, the coaching staff is far too good

If the nuggets defense is so bad why do they have the same drtg in the playoffs as the heat? Why did the heat have an ortg of only 100 in game 1?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    If the nuggets defense is so bad why do they have the same drtg in the playoffs as the heat? Why did the heat have an ortg of only 100 in game 1?
    because that stat sucks and doesnt factor everything. Thats why Spoelstra said last year that the drtg stat is meaningless

Spo >>>>>> you

because that stat sucks and doesnt factor everything. Thats why Spoelstra said last year that the drtg stat is meaningless

Spo >>>>>> you

Drtg is meaningless, for players. For teams it is a very accurate measure of defense.

I rule the local playground

Why is it okay for Golden State to win 4 titles and to be crowned a "Dynasty team" by living and dying by the 3 , playing great defense, with very smart disciplined play....

Why Can't the Heat do the same for one title this year ??

You do know that the Heat led ALL NBA teams in 3 point shooting last year, when they were the #1 seed, right ?? And with the same exact roster except for switching PJ Tucker for Kevin Love at PF.
    If the Heat had shot 49% in Game 3, like they did in game 2, they would have had 18 more points. They now have four games left and they will either need to shoot like that in three of them, or find some other way to win (which they have not succeeded in doing).

And yes, there is a lot that goes into why they shot so much worse today. Denver made many fewer boneheaded plays. But it strikes me that that defense is repeatable. I also think, at some point, Porter and KCP are going to revert back to their norm (though maybe not). And I'm very confident that the performance we saw from Jokic is repeatable. He's had 30-20-10 three times in the post season, and the guy is averaging a triple double in the playoffs.

Miami could still pull it off, but the margin for error just got a lot slimmer. Still, should be no problem for Heat Culture, right?

NBA rookie of the year

Where bitchass OP go?

What happened to that "make Jokic a scorer" defense?